Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone looking for night raiding PST 830pm, the guild on Aradune is recruiting open to all classes to prep for velious, launches in a month.

Damn, you are in SoE?

Side Note, don't join "Pillage and Plunder" leadership there is bad to say the least, no vision and absentee leadership. The guild is "Co-Led" by a brother duo that passes off shit they don't wanna do to other people and change loot rules to suit whatever they need to accomplish. If you join, they will down shit but if you are SLIGHTLY above average you will be carrying the guild.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is there a way to get old skele models at all? i know you can do old spells by deleting the spellsnew files and bypassing the launcher but im wondering if theres a way to get rid of these shitty new skele models on my necro spells

I'd probably play a necro again if the skel models were returned to how they were in 1999. It was awesome how they got bigger, then dual-wielded, then turned dark-bone at 20 or 24, then got bigger again. You could tell what level a necro pet was just by looking at it and how much its max hit was. Now they all look generic AF sadly.

Speaking of extracurricular programs, have a question. I stopped playing during Luclin and didn't come back until OoW. I remember some time in early or mid 2004 the itch started and I wanted to see the PoP/GoD zones. There was something at the time that I used to load zone files, where you could move around said zones with impunity (fly, etc). Don't think there were any mobs. I remember looking at the elemental planes and being really impressed flying around Barindu. Was a lot of the reason why I resubbed later in the year.

Any clue what it was that I was doing? Not asking for program names or third-party shit, just wondering WTF I was doing back then and if all of this was a figment of my imagination. I strongly remember flying around Barindu though, like in the air, well above the zone geometry.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'd probably play a necro again if the skel models were returned to how they were in 1999. It was awesome how they got bigger, then dual-wielded, then turned dark-bone at 20 or 24, then got bigger again. You could tell what level a necro pet was just by looking at it and how much its max hit was. Now they all look generic AF sadly.

Speaking of extracurricular programs, have a question. I stopped playing during Luclin and didn't come back until OoW. I remember some time in early or mid 2004 the itch started and I wanted to see the PoP/GoD zones. There was something at the time that I used to load zone files, where you could move around said zones with impunity (fly, etc). Don't think there were any mobs. I remember looking at the elemental planes and being really impressed flying around Barindu. Was a lot of the reason why I resubbed later in the year.

Any clue what it was that I was doing? Not asking for program names or third-party shit, just wondering WTF I was doing back then and if all of this was a figment of my imagination. I strongly remember flying around Barindu though, like in the air, well above the zone geometry.
This uses Unity engine to let you fly around no-clip in EQ zones up to Velious. No mobs populated though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Wow, it's great to see old Freeport again. They should figure out a way to set it back to the old one on progression pre-PoR, because playing classic with new Freeport just feels wrong.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wow, it's great to see old Freeport again. They should figure out a way to set it back to the old one on progression pre-PoR, because playing classic with new Freeport just feels wrong.
They have basically said it’s impossible and make it sound like the original files are gone somehow. Like they have no copies of the original data

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
They have basically said it’s impossible and make it sound like the original files are gone somehow. Like they have no copies of the original data
Actually North Freeport is still in the game. IIRC the way to reach it is to get all 4 of the Human Heritage Crate teleportation items. You then get the 5th one that sends you to old N. Freeport. Prathun also alluded to it in a forum post a couple of years back.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It has to do something with how the coding works between the TLPs and live servers if I am remembering correctly. Which is why we cant get old Freeport back.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Velious had half duration lockouts for a few weeks. You could also clear the ladies and lords with a full force then split down for Vulak days later when instance lockout cleared.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Wasn't there a way to get Vulak twice a week back on Agnarr?
Yeah there was an exploit to double up on Vulaks. I forget what it was exactly; our guild never did it because all OW+instance was already enough ToV to make you want to blow your brains out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah there was an exploit to double up on Vulaks. I forget what it was exactly; our guild never did it because all OW+instance was already enough ToV to make you want to blow your brains out.
Take it, this is (whatever this is) probably not in play anymore?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
There's definitely some exploits still out there. I've bought a couple pieces from manglers bot army and there were lockouts that were much shorter than they should have been.

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's probably just from the double lockouts from the last two weeks. Definitely do cheat though. Guildmate went to buy a piece of gear from Anguish. Sellers (TUBBINS) tells him to die upon zoning in. Why? Because he doesn't kill trash. He warps his army boss-to-boss and he has a rogue drag your corpse (or he just summons it himself with GM powers). But DBG doesn't care. He moves Kronos whichs means money for DBG. I wish it wasn't conspiracy theory but Holly and some other GM's confirmed it. Botters and Krono lords are good for their revenue.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
No, it was before and during half lockouts. I'm not retarded.

That said, he often takes a lot of time selling before moving on to the next boss and trash does respawn in anguish. I'm not saying he isn't doing all kinds of shady shit or isn't warping but there could be a rational explanation for that.

There's also a conspiracy theory that he knows the loot table, but when he sells OMM loot it's clear he doesn't know what's coming. He spends like an hour asking for bids and then tells you that it's a crap shoot whether it will drop or not but you have to be in raid when OMM dies because it's locked.

Edit: he recently did some velious raids over the weekend so I think he's thinking of coming to Aradune! Got to prep the scripts!