Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Xevy

Log Wizard
The power creep from Velious to Luclin with VT gear was actually nuts. You went from items with like 45 ac and maybe 75hp to every item has 45 ac and 100-125hp. I think tanks go from something like 7.5khp in HIGH END velious gear to like 10khp+ with AA's and VT gear. People start getting +attack on nearly every piece of gear instead of like 3 pieces. It was a very large stat jump.

I think SoV-SoL-PoP starts the raid loot grind. You're just gaining 50% stats on every raid item each raid expansion (LDON/LoY don't count). Kunark was obviously more in tune with the classic EQ idea. A bunch of good items spread out through dungeons and quests with a FEW really good items from raids. Velious pretty much starts the slippery slope of "ALL END GAME LOOT IS RAID LOOT!"

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
See this all confuses me, I thought they would be legit doing all that and automating the process of patches, instead we get potions that never existed in classic, zones that never existed in classic and items that never existed in classic.

But god forbid people use things like 80 pets to kill a mob.

Oh but hey you can still hide behind a wall and spam jboots to make a mob never AE, that's cool!

I just don't get some changes.

Yeah, I'm sure 20 years ago they were really concerned about a future TLP server. I can only imagine what awful code processes existed then for maintaining the code base. The chance of them having all the patches and being able to apply them is improbable. It might not seem like much time between WoW and EQ but in the programming world, it's a lot.

In any case, it's not a classic server. It's time locked progression. Shit ain't the same.

Also, the 80 pet kill thing doesn't exist anymore, at least not for anything with MOTM. Also, clicky aggro was recently nerfed to some degree (though supposedly on accident).

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You’re suggesting they take content out in Kunark era TLPs? What else is there to do in kunark besides epics?

So unlock velious faster. Having them in doesn't mean there's much of fuckall to do anyway, just what little there is seems even more useless.

Take the epic out until Velious and most of them become useless or clickies within a week or two... don't think that's a better solution.

Keeping them in and having them abundant makes most VP loot useless or clickies WHEN IT DROPS, so, yeah.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
Yeah there was an exploit to double up on Vulaks. I forget what it was exactly; our guild never did it because all OW+instance was already enough ToV to make you want to blow your brains out.

Does it upset anyone else when people say twice a week for this? Unless I'm missing something it's once every 5 days. For some reason ToV has a 4.5 day replay timer after you kill Vulak instead of the usual 6.5.

All you have to do is kill half the lord/ladies every 5 days and you get vulak every 5th day. Basically on a 20 day raid schedule you gain two vulaks but lose one of every single other dragon in ToV.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
automating the process of patches
screen-shot-2020-05-10-at-8.43.26-pm.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
like server is undergoing a major guild contraction atm. Lots of" mergers " that are effectively a guild shutting down and some of its members joining another. My friend in antix got merged and Ashen order apparently would not allow him to main/raid with his normal main mage, or his druid. Only ranger for some moronic reason so he joined my guild instead.

You already see far less Guild tags. Looks like by the time vel launches there will be maybe a third of the number of raiding guilds there was in early sept.

Vise

Molten Core Raider
like server is undergoing a major guild contraction atm. Lots of" mergers " that are effectively a guild shutting down and some of its members joining another. My friend in antix got merged and Ashen order apparently would not allow him to main/raid with his normal main mage, or his druid. Only ranger for some moronic reason so he joined my guild instead.

You already see far less Guild tags. Looks like by the time vel launches there will be maybe a third of the number of raiding guilds there was in early sept.

This is pretty common for Kunark - Velious. I think we had about 17 guilds clear PD. my guess is 10-12 will clear Velious

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I assume the servers aren't shit anymore? Haven't played since that was going on in Classic for Aradune.

Guess I'll just stick with bard, not really into leveling a new character solo lfg or boxing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I played in Faceless on Lockjaw and Agnarr. I think I played at the best time to experience the TLP servers. Seems that nowadays the experience has been ruined with kronolord shenanigans and just general player toxicity. I was just one of the faceless scrubs, but everything seemed to be okay, except that one guy that was caught selling dragon loot. Getting 3 spears was a give away. But the allocation of loot after that was a little off, with people sending you tells when you bid on something that wouldn't normally go to your class, some dagger I wanted, forget the name now got me 3 people questioning why I wanted the dagger cuz they wanted it for an alt.

Sad news. You Americans and your guns, crazy.
That's a damn shame. N
Oak Cliff is an absolute shithole though, riddled with terrible crime. Considering his position at AA (and AA HQ is not close to where he lived), I really wonder why they decided to live there of all places. Place is ghetto as fuck, beyond ghetto.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly the toxicity is a bit overblown. Its mostly confined to AJ and stupid OW epic spawns. In the 7 weeks or so ive played ive had like 2 guys try to ks our nameds in chardok and fail. One toxic few nec tried to ks our underboss when our group had 3 toxic few guys. But thats it.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I did AJ in a few hours the other day. Monk tracking, parked in the southern circle, waited for the alarm. Spawned 3 times up north, 4th spawn down south and I nailed him with an ht and got it. I wasn't even clearing stuff, I was just letting the pilgrims and the farmers do the clearing. The real toxicity I found was at ps, having raids roll through and steal all the camps whenever they wanted is terrible gameplay.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I have a guildie that so stupidly handed his two one hander epic swords and red scabbard in to the npc to get the augmentable versions of the warrior epic, and the npc basically told him to fuck off. The npc handed both of his one handers back (non augmentable) and no red scabbard.

So, now he not only doesn't have the augment versions, but he doesn't have the red scabbard anymore to try the hand in again.

Anybody know if there is a way for him to get the red scabbard back?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Try a petition. Type it out like an adult with punctuation and shit and make it sound sorta sad.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Wow, that would be pretty bad. 17 guilds cleared Luclin on Mangler.
For the smaller raid guilds still around for Velious, Forsaken Bond is still here.

I think the hurdle that ends up deciding what smaller guilds make it through Kunark to Velious is being able to kill Trakanon.

Up until Trakanon, anybody with a pulse can successfully lead a raid force. Trakanon is the first real raid test for a guild, and if your guild can't kill him, members start leaving to find other options.

That's why I think a lot of guilds die off in Kunark.
Try a petition. Type it out like an adult with punctuation and shit and make it sound sorta sad.
Yeah that's what I had him do. We will see if that customer service they advertised actually exists.