Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They never won any Aradune expansion races even after the Baja Blast Bandit quit.

From the outside TEB sort of looks like a guild with no weakness. Having an idiot in charge was their only big issue but now Kubat is running things and he’s super low drama and even-keeled. As long as he’s still the GL they’ll probably win each expansion launch.

TEB's an unstoppable juggernaut on Aradune, yeah. They're like what OGC was on Phinny after Wild Treasures broke up in Solteris.

EoE, CoC, Reso, couple smaller guilds all tried to compete on different levels, EoE most successfully, but OGC was four-splitting things on day one in Secrets of Faydwer and there was just no chance in hell.

Personally I definitely prefer servers with intense competition. Interested to see how Vaniki develops since a certain guild I have a low opinion of seems to be mass-recruiting and taking the fight to Bind Rush, meeting some success. Least at the moment. I think BR leadership might be in for a little bit of a surprise at 55 when we suddenly have this other guild racing us for VT.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah same here.

View attachment 418713
I bet this does indeed describe a lot of people here, including me to an extent.

I was in the top guild on Prexus/Rathe for five years or so back when I was reading the drama, so slightly better than 71st. However my guild had a monopoly and thus lacked any real competitive drama. So it wasn't until TLP that I got to engage in any real pissing contests like the pros did when I was growing up.
AL/FoH/LOS/triton or gtfo

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I remember Triality. They were on Vazaelle back in the day if I remember correctly. They was the top guild on our server. In fact, I believe Techno Destructo, the first person to solo Nagafen, was in that guild. I never was in that guild. I was still too noob at the time. My first hardcore raid guild back in the day was Vantage ran by Venthos. Loved that guild. We got our collective asses kicked by Rallos Zek the Warlord more times than I care to admit lol.

What's the story with Techno? Iksar monk right? What level did he solo Nagafen at? What era / gear level?

I've soloed Nagafen on a 52 SK... with full Intricate gear (added in TSS? era and roughly NTOV-level) and the upgraded Harm Touch of live that does like 12k damage at 52. Also heal pots.

I'm curious how much if any of this existed when Techno did it, what his strategy was, etc.

I miss those styles of updates. Nowadays tlp guilds don’t even have websites.

I miss them too. We've kinda got that style of update, still:

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
What's the story with Techno? Iksar monk right? What level did he solo Nagafen at? What era / gear level?

He (Quarken/Teckno) covers a lot of it there, basically he was in the best of whatever you could wear at lvl 52 in late 2002 / early 2003 so probably a lot of velious and luclin gear.

He streams every so often on twitch and is a genuinely cool guy who probably deserves like a thousand times the recognition he gets. A true fan of EQ and it's community.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

I've soloed Nagafen on a 52 SK... with full Intricate gear (added in TSS? era and roughly NTOV-level) and the upgraded Harm Touch of live that does like 12k damage at 52. Also heal pots.

I'm curious how much if any of this existed when Techno did it, what his strategy was, etc.

I believe he was using a shit ton of potions, but I could wrong.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Don't think soloing Nagafen in 2003 was that crazy of an accomplishment

Zaide

TLP Idealist

• 1Worf

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Cleanest EQ interface I think I've ever seen. Makes me wonder what the fuck I'm doing with mine with crap all over the place!

Also really not looking forward to Gore at 50 on Sunday, gonna be one hard fight!

Well, that's a lie, am looking forward to it, but hot damn gonna be tough

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Minus nobody else having done it before he did it. This was before a ton of player power increases I might add.

Naggy was soloed long before 2003.

Also, it being rare is much more a product of nobody giving a shit about classic content years later and having to spend the time to level from 1-52 just to try it

• 1Edgelord

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Naggy was soloed long before 2003.

Also, it being rare is much more a product of nobody giving a shit about classic content years later and having to spend the time to level from 1-52 just to try it
I know you are just being you (so of course my expectations are laying on the floor), but where's the proof of Naggy being soloed "LONG" before 2003?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I know you are just being you (so of course my expectations are laying on the floor), but where's the proof of Naggy being soloed "LONG" before 2003?

There isn't any. He might be thinking of a bunch of groups / trios etc that soloed naggy before then, at 60, which is why they lowered the cap to 52.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Given how many allakhazam posts had things like "I soloed this on my 105 shadowknight, 97 beastlord, and 96 ranger, with 2 mercs, it was easy..." I never believe any of these claims without some evidence anymore. Someone says they soloed it? Screenshot or it didn't happen.

• 1Like

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I remember a few groups that tried it, but SoE at the time was quick with the lvl52 patch.

Never heard of anyone actually solo'ing it till much later, when the power creep got worse..

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Given how many allakhazam posts had things like "I soloed this on my 105 shadowknight, 97 beastlord, and 96 ranger, with 2 mercs, it was easy..." I never believe any of these claims without some evidence anymore. Someone says they soloed it? Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I hated this crap. I never really played past DoN before. So on selos I was looking shit up, like Tasks, bosses, quests etc. I swear it felt like every other comment was "easy on my 110sk" and no info at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users