Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really enjoyed Agnarr and PoP is by far my favorite time in EQ. I honestly enjoyed getting the taste of Classic, then Kunark, etc. but that experience has somewhat passed and I'm not sure why they would do that again.

In my opinion, they should have entertained possibly doing periodic wipes with some rule changes on Agnarr or this server if there is really population that wants this experience that way the community would have been strong and somewhat consistent. Splitting the community over and over again is just a bad move. I don't know their data or what people are demanding but I would be surprised if people wanted a second PoP locked server.

Maybe I'm wrong but just seems like an odd move.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I really enjoyed Agnarr and PoP is by far my favorite time in EQ. I honestly enjoyed getting the taste of Classic, then Kunark, etc. but that experience has somewhat passed and I'm not sure why they would do that again.

In my opinion, they should have entertained possibly doing periodic wipes with some rule changes on Agnarr or this server if there is really population that wants this experience that way the community would have been strong and somewhat consistent. Splitting the community over and over again is just a bad move. I don't know their data or what people are demanding but I would be surprised if people wanted a second PoP locked server.

Maybe I'm wrong but just seems like an odd move.

I feel like they just want to roll these server into Agnarr next year, probably already said somewhere.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Dunno what the meta is but if I played I'd be very tempted to do shaman/monk or druid/enc. A mage/dru might work too but I just finished 6boxing a 4x mage/druid/enc group so I'm burnt out from that. I've never played a monk and didn't play a shaman in the early game, and I'm a big fan of charm in games and am just assuming you want a healer/nuker to pair with the enchanter.

I doubt I'll play through. I don't really want to six-box TLP, don't want to 2-true-box, don't want to 1box and don't want to 2box on a server with a bunch of super-boxes :D

Aradune without a PoP lock and without truebox would be worth my time, but as it stands now I'll just get my EQ fix in the fall on live. Thinking about it some more though, 2boxing is so easy that truebox isn't much of a problem for me even if it's annoying.
Whats the setup program wise etc to multibox on EQ? I never tried it before and might try it for a laugh.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I feel like they just want to roll these server into Agnarr next year, probably already said somewhere.

How are they going to roll the different boxing rulesets? The two servers that get changed will cry holy hell.

Sterling

El Presidente
locking in any era is stupid. if you want a stopping point so you can just quit when you get to where you stop liking the content.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've never played TLP so I'm talking out of ignorance here, but am I the only one that finds it weird that they release multiple servers at the same time? Maybe I'm thinking of these servers as "seasons" in other games, but I feel like if I was interested in TLP I'd prefer the entire TLP community was trying each TLP server instead of the community being dilluted. In this case I'd rather they have an aradune release and then later this year the Rizlona release.

There are too many people that want to play that they need 2 servers or else there will be queues. You want a queue for a 21 year old game, no, you want to play. Most folks will go to the 2 box server. Who wants to play with a 64 boxer sitting in all the camps.

DickTrickle

There are too many people that want to play that they need 2 servers or else there will be queues. You want a queue for a 21 year old game, no, you want to play. Most folks will go to the 2 box server. Who wants to play with a 64 boxer sitting in all the camps.

Yeah, leveling/gearing up in classic will be brutal if there's any decent kind of population there. And then getting a specific drop? Yikes. But that all depends on the population.

DickTrickle

Thank goodness we have krono. Buy what you need, skip the camps.

But if you're boxing a ton and everyone else is, buying it all gets pretty expensive. I guess maybe it'll even out. The dude with all the FBSS can sell to the dude with all the GEBs, heh.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I actually prefer expansions unlock every 6 months if POP is the final stop

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
The boxing server is going to have a terrible krono economy since everyone wants to buy them and the normal dudes that sell them will be in much lower numbers. Items will be worth less kroners and kroners will cost much more plat. kind of interested to see just how big a difference in krono prices between the 2 servers ends up.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
even 3 month expansions are way too long on TLP, 6 month expansions would be 4 or 4.5 month ghost towns.

Having played Phingel, Agnarr, Coirnav, Selo and Manger 3 months is too long and 1 month is to short. 2 months appears to be the happy middle ground.

I am pretty disgusted that DPG wants to be P99 though. Nothing ruins servers more than heavy handed gms and P99 is the prime example.

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Having played Phingel, Agnarr, Coirnav, Selo and Manger 3 months is too long and 1 month is to short. 2 months appears to be the happy middle ground.

I am pretty disgusted that DPG wants to be P99 though. Nothing ruins servers more than heavy handed gms and P99 is the prime example.

I see what you mean for sure about how GM moderation can have downsides, but it's hard to take it seriously when I remember stuff like this:

• 5Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Ice Burn
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It seems goofy to me that the 2box server has truebox rules. Why bother with two trueboxes and not just let people run whatever for their two boxes?
Seriously. This on top of the copy/paste ruleset and I'm just hoping they backtrack after the backlash. 3 month unlocks, classic start, etc. is all just fucking old hat. Selo's was a little too fast on the unlocks for my taste(especially as the server reached content I hadn't seen yet and wanted to spend time on), but at least they tried something different and it was a blast for a while.

DickTrickle

I see what you mean for sure about how GM moderation can have downsides, but it's hard to take it seriously when I remember stuff like this:

Lol, awesome. "I don't like GMs because then I can't cheat!"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users