Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So you skipped basically all the hard ones. Nice. Mage is definitely on the harder end of the spectrum but it doesn't have the real shitty bottlenecks like wiz and enchanter have.
I never even looked at them, but doing epic quests is something I really enjoyed and I kind of wish I had a reason to do the remaining epics.

There's just something satisfying about passing by some rando dude in the old world and thinking, "Oh yeah he's the guy for that bit in the bard epic".

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Updated my UI with the bard buffs done and the assist ring change.

1920-vertblue-2020-screencap.jpg

assistringedit.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I kinda like how it shows empty boxes with a number for the unused buff slots. I'm gonna steal that :D

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
dreamweaver
Community Manager
New

We're going to unlock the servers at Noon (12 PM PDT) this coming Wednesday May 27, 2020. Also you only have a few days left for the current packs that are on the marketplace, they will be coming down on 5/27 as well at 9 AM and will be replaced with new offerings. So get them while the get'in's good.
So I'm taking this to mean if we want 2 40 slotters, we need to buy it now and we can get the 2nd on launch day?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So I'm taking this to mean if we want 2 40 slotters, we need to buy it now and we can get the 2nd on launch day?
That's right. You can get a third if you buy the $90 version of the ToV expansion.

• 1Barf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm an incredibly cheap fuck but a single decent bag is such a quality of life improvement I don't think I could play without one. It's not so bad later when you are looking at turning a single krono in to a bunch of tink bags but for the first couple of expansions it's so fucking handy to be able to loot/carry whatever you need.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I never even looked at them, but doing epic quests is something I really enjoyed and I kind of wish I had a reason to do the remaining epics.

There's just something satisfying about passing by some rando dude in the old world and thinking, "Oh yeah he's the guy for that bit in the bard epic".

Or getting mobbed by guards at Felwithe when trying to do your pally epic only to remember that drunken weekend trip to PoG.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really don't want to buy into their bullshit "release a new TLP and everyone has to buy bags again" cycle. Is it really that important to get these things?

If so, is $20 for a 40slot bag a good price or should i wait till they release the new pack?

• 1Barf

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I really don't want to buy into their bullshit "release a new TLP and everyone has to buy bags again" cycle. Is it really that important to get these things?
You'll survive without it for sure. It is a big QoL improvement though.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
It's also 100% Weight Reduction, which is huge imo, as will be lacking on strength for a clr/ench i'd reckon in classic/kunark or so. So 40 slots at 100% WR is pretty awesome for being able to spend less time having to run/port to sell etc. or have agility penalties for being encumbered.

I'm a fucking sucker, so I'll have 2 x 40 slots and 2 x 20 at 50% WR on my farm character, yay me.

• 1Barf

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sabbat Sabbat I dl'd your interface and it's set for 1920x1080, but I can't see the buff bar. I have the small 1-5 one, but the normal 1-5 is off screen. Any ideas?

Edit: Found it - it went away and had to ALT B it back even though it was on a previous UI.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

If so, is $20 for a 40slot bag a good price or should i wait till they release the new pack?

Depends on how much $20 matters to you, but it's a pretty massive QOL improvement early in TLPs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist

Honestly the 40 slot 100% WR bag is the single most worthwhile purchase you'll ever make on a TLP. I think $20 is cheaper than normal too, so I'd def purchase it for your cleric at least.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
They're all flagged as heirlooms too right? So if you want you can move them around to the other characters you make on the server.

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
They are pretty nice. I'm still debating on playing with a Paladin/Mage box. If I do I'll just rock summoned bags. Unless you are on non-stop in one zone looting, I would say just get one bag. 2 seems overkill.

Philonius

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How much playtime is required to level up on these TLPs? I figure I might just have one account be CLR, SHM and the other ENC, NEC, MNK. Plenty of box combinations to try out and see what I'm going to stick with. Before AAs, not much to do once you reach cap anyway, so if the exp rate is high enough it's not infeasible to level multiple characters, right?

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
How much playtime is required to level up on these TLPs? I figure I might just have one account be CLR, SHM and the other ENC, NEC, MNK. Plenty of box combinations to try out and see what I'm going to stick with. Before AAs, not much to do once you reach cap anyway, so if the exp rate is high enough it's not infeasible to level multiple characters, right?

With EXP pots, probably looking at 50-60 hours I think. Mangler was around 45 hours and they had a 60% exp bonus + exp pots.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly the 40 slot 100% WR bag is the single most worthwhile purchase you'll ever make on a TLP. I think $20 is cheaper than normal too, so I'd def purchase it for your cleric at least.
Agree completely. Sure it is quality of life, but also you forget how low Strength many starting characters are. The weight allowance thing makes a huge difference.

Purely from a dollars and cents standpoint, it is an investment that will pay for itself with all the extra junk loot you can stash away and vendor. By the time you reach level 50, it will have made you enough in-game platinum to buy a Krono.

Also, if you put all the junk into one bag, you can vendor all the contents at the same time. 40 rusty weapons all sell in one mouse click $$$.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'll tell you, if you're anything like me, you'll finally get into a group in lower guk and not want to leave until for quite some time.
That fine steel is heavy and in 8-10 hours of grinding you're going to get a LOT of it. The stuff is heavy and depending on your class you wont be able to just origin/gate back.

My rogue last server was in that situation, I however buy these bags every server because its just too OP not to and I never regret spending the money. I always get pretty decked out by the time i hit 50 thanks to fine steel and random loot wins. If I had to leave group or pass on anything more than 4-5 fine steel weapons I would be poor and have a considerably longer journey to 50.

• 1Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
If you're an Ogre, Troll, or Barbarian, you should be fine with 10 slot bags.

If, however, you are a low T High Elf, Dark Elf, Erudite, or gnome, then the 40 slot bag is for you.

• 1Worf