Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
So if I coughed up for a ToV premium I would get 2 40 slot bags and a coldain illusion, all of which could work on Day 1 Aradune?

Oh and the title A Fool and His Money.

I ask because, cost aside, those three things would be pretty damn handy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Hmm this bag might be a good use of my god emperor granted money. I've never bought one before.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm an incredibly cheap fuck but a single decent bag is such a quality of life improvement I don't think I could play without one. It's not so bad later when you are looking at turning a single krono in to a bunch of tink bags but for the first couple of expansions it's so fucking handy to be able to loot/carry whatever you need.

so I just bought the anniversary pack. I can use the token day one to get it and then grab another new 40 slotter they put on the store right?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yep.

edit - it's generally a good idea to buy ahead of time whatever you are going to buy if you're setting aside time for launch. In the past making purchases has just not worked for several hours. Get your bags, your daybreak cash, etc.

Last edited:

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So if I coughed up for a ToV premium I would get 2 40 slot bags and a coldain illusion, all of which could work on Day 1 Aradune?

Oh and the title A Fool and His Money.

I ask because, cost aside, those three things would be pretty damn handy.
Pretty sure the velious bags are lore so you'd have to have them on different characters

• 1Like

rad

Lord of Guk
If you plan on playing and are on the fence if you should buy one, 100% what Zaide said, single best purchase on these TLPs is that fucking bag.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
I want to play something not Necro, but then I remember what a Necro can do. Necro it is. OoT farm, Ghould Lord soloing, PoFear items. This game is imbalanced class wise.

• 1Worf

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have experience running a shaman/necro duo? Thoughts?

Gonna have the ability to do batphones 24/7 while working from home, but wanted a combo that gave me the ability to play semi afk if something work related blows up.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

Gonna have the ability to do batphones 24/7 while working from home, but wanted a combo that gave me the ability to play semi afk if something work related blows up.
It's pretty good. Serious DPS from dots and a lot of versatility. You'll even be able to do some good dungeon work if you get good at using the characters. Pretty good duo for holding a camp if you are semi AFK and just need to kill spawns every x amount of minutes.

Plus in kunark if you have an emergency AFK even in a bad spot you can always FD the Necro and let the shaman die and then rez later.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With EXP pots, probably looking at 50-60 hours I think. Mangler was around 45 hours and they had a 60% exp bonus + exp pots.

What is the Mangler 60% exp bonus, was that like a bonus weekend thing or is that the baseline Mangler rate, which will be the same for Aradune?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What is the Mangler 60% exp bonus, was that like a bonus weekend thing or is that the baseline Mangler rate, which will be the same for Aradune?

Mangler launched during the Everquest 20th Anniversary Celebration.

B_Mizzle

Mangler launched during the Everquest 20th Anniversary Celebration.

Brutal, so probably 60ish hours to hit 46? The hardcore groupies in my guild think they can be clearing fear trash by Sat. 2pm.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider

did it on corinav. scroll back a few pages i talk about it a little. its good. id say prob 2nd strongest duo option in game, at least for classic>kunark

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Brutal, so probably 60ish hours to hit 46? The hardcore groupies in my guild think they can be clearing fear trash by Sat. 2pm.

I think the first group on Aradune will hit 50 in about 44-50 hours played. I'd bet krono that Plane of Fear is not open on Aradune on Saturday at 2pm EST.

B_Mizzle

I think the first group on Aradune will hit 50 in about 44-50 hours played. I'd bet krono that Plane of Fear is not open on Aradune on Saturday at 2pm EST.

Yeah you're right, it just occurred to me they cannot clear any planar trash until Vox and Naggy are down. Might be their first time running on a TLP or something.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I did the little backgrounds. There are certain spots during vertical resize it gets confused but I think I can live with it:

• 1Like

HK976

Trakanon Raider
So, having always played a shadow knight in EQ for the easy grouping how frustrated with grouping will I be going the rogue or ranger route for Aradune? I know dps is a dime a dozen, but are either of those classes gimped early on, or will their dps get them into groups?

• 1Worf

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So, having always played a shadow knight in EQ for the easy grouping how frustrated with grouping will I be going the rogue or ranger route for Aradune? I know dps is a dime a dozen, but are either of those classes gimped early on, or will their dps get them into groups?

Rogue is literally the worst and least desired class by far. Ranger can do solid dps and tank decently so they're in a better place.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If you show up at the start there's going to be tons of people in tons of groups all over the place. If you make a Rogue on week ten you might have a bad time.

edit - there's just a world of difference in trying to get things done early versus late

edit edit - if every frog starts to have 1 plat 1 gold 1 silver 1 copper you outta the group