Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Since EQ gets brought into focus once queue done, and it takes hours and hours to get through queue, it's become a game of what inconvenient time time it occurs. Yesterday I turned the music back on, so I'd hear the signature blaring EQ theme music. This morning I was fapping, video muted, and suddenly EQ theme song came into focus in blaring 7.1 surround. It was glorious, and fortuneately I was home alone.

Yes I'm drunk, what else do I have to do at 9:30 PM waiting in queue. Maybe I should fap.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Could prob just autoclick "rotate" off and on

Clicking anywhere on the EQ screen every few seconds will keep you logged on indefinitely. I was able to keep it on for 8 hours while I slept a couple weeks ago.

The main threat is that some other program tabs you out (if fullscreen) or takes over as the dominant thing onscreen (if windowed), like a virus scan or whatever else. So account for those first.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Do we know for sure the patch on Wednesday is to fix the server issues?

Place your bets!

I claim the square for "we have made it harder to AFK in game, impossible to AFK at character select and encourage people to report longterm AFK characters so the queue system can function better while we continue to seek additional improvements."

If we get a single thing more than additional hurdles to stay in game I will be fucking shocked. MAYBE a priority system such that if you crash you can get back in right away. Even that seems too much to hope for.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
"we have spent countless hours, dedication, monetary resources, and effort ensuring players can no longer afk in game or out of game to cause additional queue time to other players. However, no changes to our server hardware or server code were needed to ensure this improvement, keep on keeping on and believing"

I joke but we are likely a few insults away from someone pulling the cord and the entire thing crumbling in to inexistence

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Since the AFK players weren't using any resources, they'll reduce the server cap alongside the anti-AFK measures to ensure the same server performance.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Meanwhile, EQEmulator has added 1 second sleeps that randomly trigger on the game loop; to make the game more authentic and live-like.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Do we know for sure the patch on Wednesday is to fix the server issues?
I haven't heard anything about the server performance in this Wednesday's patch. Did they announce anything?

DPG isn't a rational actor at this point, but if they had ANYTHING that would help in the works I would figure that they'd have made a post about it. The last two posts they made had zero reference to anything coming that would help players.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I haven't heard anything about the server performance in this Wednesday's patch. Did they announce anything?

DPG isn't a rational actor at this point, but if they had ANYTHING that would help in the works I would figure that they'd have made a post about it. The last two posts they made had zero reference to anything coming that would help players.

This is the only thing I've seen referenced which doesn't sound like a reduced queue is imminent

"and some of the sources of crashes while zoning will be addressed in the upcoming June update."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is the only thing I've seen referenced which doesn't sound like a reduced queue is imminent

"and some of the sources of crashes while zoning will be addressed in the upcoming June update."

It's like they want the queue to be as long as possible to set a world record for "longest queue in a 20 year old game"

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Just have a pop up every 4 hours that make you challenge if you’re really there.

How many traffic lights do you see? Click each square that has one. Problem solved.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just have a pop up every 4 hours that make you challenge if you’re really there.

How many traffic lights do you see? Click each square that has one. Problem solved.
I hated the captchas in Black Desert and never want to see that shit in an MMO again.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Haha, yea. Making players prove they aren't a bot isn't a great approach. Don't put the onus onto paying customers for something you should be able to keep under control.

• 2Like

SDsurfer

Trakanon Raider
Hey I’m spitballing ideas here. Best approach would be to open a second aradune clone and allow characters to go between servers. Use the same naming database. Then when population dies merge back to one.

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
So we just had a bard song hit nagafen for like 9million damage somehow. 30% to dead insta was fucking weird

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard