Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vedette

<Donor>
Aradune has, from what I can tell, a pretty limited number of 3+ boxers, especially playing in one locatino (who knows how many people are 6boxing necros on 3-6 spawns/picks). From what I can tell the majority of players are single-boxing and grouping. This is pretty refreshing and there's a strong sense that isn't true on Rizlona.

I'll bring it up again in this thread. It's insanely suspect that this behavior hasn't been stopped with the new gm presence. I did have a guildie who got teleported to his bind with no conversation, and then threatened with a suspension for auto-following a (suspected)botter around.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
It's just enforcement theatre. The fact that they advertised these servers as actually being supported by GMs (opposed to the other servers I guess) is a complete joke when you think about what you should expect from a game that still charges a monthly sub of $15 a month. Like, that should be the very basics of expectations, not a selling feature. Of course Darkpaw knows there's still enough of a playerbase that'll eat up whatever dogshit they shovel our way every year that they probably would have still made stupid amounts of money laundering profit had they gone through with the initial "Agnarr 2" plan.

Someone can park 2 Boxes across every pick of Mistmoore at Dhampyre and nothing will happen since there's technically never 3 characters next to eachother, but if a GM catches you on the roof you could be taking a 7 day trip to the banhamas. God forbid if you attempt to run away from a train and accidentally kill some nVidia Nathan that decides to petition you with some shadowplay footage.

I wish I didn't still enjoy aspects of this game because I'd like nothing more than to never associate with anything under the Daybreak umbrella ever again.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's just enforcement theatre. The fact that they advertised these servers as actually being supported by GMs (opposed to the other servers I guess) is a complete joke when you think about what you should expect from a game that still charges a monthly sub of $15 a month. Like, that should be the very basics of expectations, not a selling feature. Of course Darkpaw knows there's still enough of a playerbase that'll eat up whatever dogshit they shovel our way every year that they probably would have still made stupid amounts of money laundering profit had they gone through with the initial "Agnarr 2" plan.

The next TLP servers will launch with a new premium feature "Functional server launch and zone times under 5 minutes each" *

*Premium features only guaranteed between 10pm and 7am PST.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoever was talking about the bug where CT pops and despawns/respawns the entire zone, it JUST happened to me as i was solo'ing in fear. Lost the LR's i was selling too, it even deletes all corpses on the ground. Very strange.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Whoever was talking about the bug where CT pops and despawns/respawns the entire zone, it JUST happened to me as i was solo'ing in fear. Lost the LR's i was selling too, it even deletes all corpses on the ground. Very strange.

Bro this shit is so rare that people don't even believe me when I tell them about it. It happened to me in 2011 and I straight up saw him physically spawn, respawn the entire zone and then despawned himself leaving the rest up. He had a custom shout to go w/ it too. Man that's awesome. Do you have any logs of what he said?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ding 40
1594263941964.png

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
He said "Denizens of Fear COME TO MY AID!" and then POOF. Everything including him was gone, and then within about 3-4 seconds the entire zone instantly repopped.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
o god I remember that Fear plane bug, I'm trying to remember if we ever figured out what caused it too happen... We only had it happen once the whole time we were raiding CT..

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Would feel worse about it if you weren't one of the dbags selling LRs to shit. The fact that its become the norm and even nodrop lore items are farmed 24/7 is really shitty.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
You act like im one of the bot necro duo's afking in frenzy or something. Plane of fear actually has some semblence of danger and risk associated to it, and isn't something most classes can farm on their own. Not sure i'd lump Fear farmers in to the category that you seem to be.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I love sending tells to fear farmers to buy gear with good prices and never paying lol.

Scum fucks. Groups I've had in hate have always given away gear

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Ran into this guy while trying to farm an Ancient Cyclops:

If nothing else skip to 4:20 and watch the death. It's pretty great.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Ran into this guy while trying to farm an Ancient Cyclops:

If nothing else skip to 4:20 and watch the death. It's pretty great.

That's cool, I wasn't planning on sleeping any time soon anyway!

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You act like im one of the bot necro duo's afking in frenzy or something. Plane of fear actually has some semblence of danger and risk associated to it, and isn't something most classes can farm on their own. Not sure i'd lump Fear farmers in to the category that you seem to be.

His point doesn't change just because some other farmers are worse. Plenty of raid targets also have danger or risk involved and most agree that people selling raid loot for krono stacks are scummy too. You fall somewhere between 50s sitting on guise ejecting levelers to sell lrs and cof sellers.

Most planar armor on rizlona is just given away.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Do you guys get this upset over anyone who farms an item to sell it? Why should no drop stuff be any different? Are you salty if they're selling from a DZ? Is the spider silk farmer also a scum fuck?

You guys probably love capitalism in real life and then you get in the game and you're a bunch of fucking commies.

I think it's really only a problem when someone has a monopoly on something and prevents other people from getting in on a camp for long periods of time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys get this upset over anyone who farms an item to sell it? Why should no drop stuff be any different?

You guys probably love capitalism in real life and then you get in the game and you're a bunch of fucking commies.

I think it's really only a problem when someone has a monopoly on something and prevents other people from getting in on a camp.
I've been trying to grasp this logic as well and failing to get there. Why does a no drop tag turn it into charity?

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is the first tlp I've made it past the first month lol

Still need indicolite bp and legs... Hate tonight so hopefully I can finish my set out.

Surprisingly have quite a bit of my warrior epic done in classic.

Block of perma, hand of maestro, ball of everliving golem in the bag already.

Only one spiroc blade so far but keying up sky is a slow roll and we downed bees last week for the first time so yeah.

Still have a few bosses left to tank but the guild has like 13 tanks (including hybrids) so it's whatever, they are spreading mt duties out to everyone while it's still possible and I think that's cool.

All in all I'm very happy with aradune personally, the server itself has been a catastrophe but I'm sure once the xp bonus is gone it'll be back to stable again.