Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Whoever was talking about the bug where CT pops and despawns/respawns the entire zone, it JUST happened to me as i was solo'ing in fear. Lost the LR's i was selling too, it even deletes all corpses on the ground. Very strange.

It's not a bug, it's an old script that they never took out. Old CT spawn used to completely repopulate the zone. When they changed CT spawn timers, they never took away the script that repopulates the zone nor did they attach it to run when CT spawns with the adjusted spawn times. So every time this happens, it's because that is when CT would have spawned based on the original script. Literally happens every week. Zaide Zaide

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also in regards to Ebolt, unless a new bug was introduced since Mangler/selos (which is entirely possible, but I tested it on Phinny, again on Agnarr, and again on Mangler in classic and it remained the same mechanic) it does not count as full dmg credit.

The way it works is that DoT's tick based on the server tick. So if your DoT was to land at say 1 second in to the server tick for example, you would not receive a dmg message until the server tick. What it does to compensate this, is that you get ONE free DoT tick upon the DoT landing, that counts towards your dmg credit without effecting the health bar of the mob. So for example with Ebolt, it's possible to do 1094 dmg in 6 seconds if it lands at the sweet spot of the server tick. The free tick you get counts as over kill dmg as well. So for example if a mob has 2k hp, and a necro lands an ebolt in that sweet spot server tick, even if you nuked it for 1257 dmg, doing 62% of the mobs health, the necro will get the kill.

This mechanic was part of the reason why I ran 5 necro's at efreeti on agnarr and was able to not lose efreeti's even to guilds that would sit raids on me. I was securing 51% of the Efreeti's HP in 6 seconds. Also part of the reason why a new meta in classic started to happen where necro's were just spam casting Ebolts in dps races, because they are getting that free 393 dmg every cast without speeding up the kill of the mob.

Now I'm unsure if a NEW bug has happened since, but this was how it has worked for years. It's just more known now because of DoT revamps making DoT ticks much higher, making it more noticeable. This has always been a mechanic present on the TLP's and even something I personally took advantage of early on Phinny.

Edit: Quick edit, even though this is the first TLP I have not tested it on since I'm not playing a DoT class this go, if it were true that some new bug happened recently that made 1 Ebolt count as full duration upon cast, it would be impossible to KS a necro who only casts 1 ebolt on any mob with 5K hp or lower, and there is not a lot of mobs in classic with more than 5k hp. I know I have certainly KS'd ebolt'd mobs this TLP that have less than 5k hp.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I've been trying to grasp this logic as well and failing to get there. Why does a no drop tag turn it into charity?

Because now you have people farming notrade items like the ring for jboots 24/7 just to sell the loot rights for krono. Used to be people would spend the time, get their ring and move on but now you have to deal with mage boxes where if you're not a mage, wiz, necro, or sham you have no chance of getting it and are forced to pay real money. Balance in classic is awful so its not like you can just outwork them, you literally have zero chance if you didn't roll one of the power classes.

You also have things like extremely rare epic pieces that end up rotting unless you're willing to fork over RL money because the concept of giving away something that has zero value to you has disappeared.

Selling loot rights in a dz is less egregious since you're not denying people something that would otherwise exist, but it's the same the idea that it's better to let something rot than just let someone have it.

It's the player base themselves turning it into pay2win

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're a class with fear armor drops, you basically can't get them open world anymore without paying. It's not that people want rots as handouts. It's that these mobs are instantly and permanently killed by shithead necros that sell the LR for krono. You can't get them any other way unless it's a dz. We had a necro trying to sell thorny vine BP to fucking guildies for 3kr a few days ago. The shit is despicable.

To me, it's equivalent to just sitting necros on an epic mob spawn and spamming the LR in general all day. Hey, no worry that the class can't get their shit without paying the iron price. What an asshole for wanting handouts, right?

• 4Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's absolutely nothing stopping you from camping the mobs you need with a group of people and farming your own gear in OW. In fact, if more people bothered to even try, new picks would open and it'd be a lot more enjoyable for everyone. However, nobody is willing to spend the time doing that it seems, and almost everyone agrees its better to pay 500pp per no drop piece (other than BP's of course), than waste 4-6 hrs camping the mobs you need (just for a fucking CHANCE at a drop).

Stop being such little bitches. If a guildie is trying to charge people 3kr instead of giving to you guys for free, thats on you for having an asshole in guild.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the first tlp I've made it past the first month lol

Still need indicolite bp and legs... Hate tonight so hopefully I can finish my set out.

Surprisingly have quite a bit of my warrior epic done in classic.

Block of perma, hand of maestro, ball of everliving golem in the bag already.

Only one spiroc blade so far but keying up sky is a slow roll and we downed bees last week for the first time so yeah.

Still have a few bosses left to tank but the guild has like 13 tanks (including hybrids) so it's whatever, they are spreading mt duties out to everyone while it's still possible and I think that's cool.

All in all I'm very happy with aradune personally, the server itself has been a catastrophe but I'm sure once the xp bonus is gone it'll be back to stable again.

You're in spirits of eventide?

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
If you're a class with fear armor drops, you basically can't get them open world anymore without paying. It's not that people want rots as handouts. It's that these mobs are instantly and permanently killed by shithead necros that sell the LR for krono. You can't get them any other way unless it's a dz. We had a necro trying to sell thorny vine BP to fucking guildies for 3kr a few days ago. The shit is despicable.

To me, it's equivalent to just sitting necros on an epic mob spawn and spamming the LR in general all day. Hey, no worry that the class can't get their shit without paying the iron price. What an asshole for wanting handouts, right?

Since what you are referring to just so happens to be TEB, you some how managed to leave out the part that those "shithead necros" literally geared out 99% of the people who get their armor from fear, 100% for free without them ever having to farm their own shit. Powpow alone, who stays in fear like 12 hours a day since fear was opened and basically keeps the entire zone clear, gave everything away for free to guildies. Seems odd you would go to the forums on a fringe case that happens 1 out of 500 times, and leave out the other 499.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly, Powpow is one of the nicest guys i've met and helped me to gear out my characters as well, and i'm not even in EQ Baby. There's a ton of good people gearing a LOT of the server for absolutely nothing. So sue us for wanting to make a bit of krono on the side while camping 4-5 boogeys per pop on a 4 hour respawn, while trying to get the kill vs teleport hacking Rampage necros who charm your mobs and run away when its at 5% . Fuck off.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't know Powpow and honestly don't spend much time in fear. He sounds like a good guy by all accounts above and maybe the few interactions I've seen with LR stuff is highly outside of the norm. I still don't like the idea of people camping other classes no drop armor strictly to sell for KR - this doesn't sound like the case with Powpow and I don't mean to lump that behavior in with those that I do have a problem with.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
There is definitely a trajectory of commodification as these servers continue. With each new TLP a few more camps and a few more items get added to the sweatshop assembly line. It's gotten real, real tough to be anywhere or do anything that's pretty decent and not see people. Previously fringe play has gotten downright pedestrian.

• 3Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, the old ways back in the day were because people largely didn't know shit. When you know where everything is and know how desired it is, of course capitalism is going to happen. And frankly there's no regulation except an occasional AFK check by GMs. Wild west, boyos!

They have done a few things here and there to help some pain points, like /pick changes and charm changes, but there will still be a ton of camping. Just wait until VP and VT keying and PoS giants!

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just checking in - still queues, lag, crashes etc or have things been fixed?

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the old ways back in the day were because people largely didn't know shit. When you know where everything is and know how desired it is, of course capitalism is going to happen. And frankly there's no regulation except an occasional AFK check by GMs. Wild west, boyos!

They have done a few things here and there to help some pain points, like /pick changes and charm changes, but there will still be a ton of camping. Just wait until VP and VT keying and PoS giants!

I think that's the major rub of it. A lot of us started EQ 20 years ago to escape the bump and grind of late stage capitalism, and now it's gone from people socializing and helping one another, to a growing mass of people just looking to max out how many kronos they can farm in a day. People don't care that there's someone else behind the keyboard when they just move in on camps or use super tracking to KS Ancient cycops. Shit was NO DROP for a reason, to keep people who don't need it from farming it. Doesn't help that this is a super crowded server, so you get even worse behavior.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
R.I.P Paladin SSF - Level 41.

Damn, that hurt to see.

Now that it's over, is there anything you would have done differently, either in the zone where you died, or during the general leveling process?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Damn sorry dude

also no will believe any SSF “lvl 50 First” unless they stream it.
SSF permadeath level 50 isn't that difficult.

Doing it on a paladin makes it much harder.

Doing it in primarily dungeons against difficult mobs that do things like root, while also fighting deep into areas away from zone line? Tremendously difficult.

Some necro grinding light blues in outdoor areas near the zone line getting to 50 without dying would prompt a shrug from just about anyone. But getting to level 41 on the path that Zaide took?

322883e9_the-rock-slow-clap.gif

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Damn, that hurt to see.

Now that it's over, is there anything you would have done differently, either in the zone where you died, or during the general leveling process?

Yeah bro two big things I would do would be cast endure magic on myself before I pulled that Wizard and then if you look at the end I actually killed the wizard by using my IV hoop. If I had realized I did that before I ran out I could have just rooted the other ghoul and origin'd without dying...

• 3Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide Zaide was a good run man. Interesting stuff. I bet you have inspired a bunch of us to try the same thing lol.

What’s the next plan?

The Paladin was a huge time investment, I have over 315 hours played on him (over 13 days!). I let chat vote and they chose SSF Hardcore Shaman for my next run but tbh I'd personally like to level a Rogue or Necromancer, the Rogue ideally just as a normal character not SSF.

• 2Like
  • 1Blown