Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I feel like I havent even seen an enchanter epic on the server yet. Of course they are out there but in comparison to other classes they are pretty damn rare.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I feel like I havent even seen an enchanter epic on the server yet. Of course they are out there but in comparison to other classes they are pretty damn rare.
I've seen 1 so far, think they were in Isekai.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't have a comment on whether the Mage is worth the effort, but when I did the mage epic on live a couple years ago I was blown away by how much more bullshit the mage had than the other epics I had done. I've done almost all of them now and I guess I've missed most of the difficult ones, but man the mage is just one garbage camp after another.
Well, most people will have done large parts of it during the doldrums of classic, so doesn't feel so bad then. There are a lot of camps and kills to get but seems fair for something that will be used for three expansions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not one to farm camps for gear, if I get a Hierophant's/Fungi's etc while leveling great. If not I'll probably scrounge up enough plat by default to get what I need, or at worst $10-12 is far easier to obtain to just buy krono.

That being said, Aradune has even been kinda shitty from a leveling stand point. Chardok & Seb are just overrun enough it's hard to get a solid camp. Wish picks would generate at lower threshholds. As people have said before, these servers have a plethora of shit everywhere... Why is gating content behind keys & unavailable camps still a thing.

Actually have a friend playing EQ for the first time in 17 years, and he keeps talking about cool it is to even have Lamentation's and shit, while also commenting, "so much gear is useless". I have to keep reminding him instances make a lot of lower gear completely irrelevant, and that gear was very necessary for a casual player back when.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Easiest to Hardest:

Tier 1: Basically give it to you for free
  1. Rogue
Tier 4: Hardly worth the time and effort
  1. Magician

Magician epic is dope. Rogues definitely have any easy time compared to everyone else. Can do their epic in an afternoon, it's so stupid, and on top of that their epic is really, really good. It's a fine weapon until well into pop, cause good rogue daggers are a real bitch to come by. I have never even seen a thorn drop, and I can't remember any superior offhands until pop.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I'm not one to farm camps for gear, if I get a Hierophant's/Fungi's etc while leveling great. If not I'll probably scrounge up enough plat by default to get what I need, or at worst $10-12 is far easier to obtain to just buy krono.

That being said, Aradune has even been kinda shitty from a leveling stand point. Chardok & Seb are just overrun enough it's hard to get a solid camp. Wish picks would generate at lower threshholds. As people have said before, these servers have a plethora of shit everywhere... Why is gating content behind keys & unavailable camps still a thing.

Actually have a friend playing EQ for the first time in 17 years, and he keeps talking about cool it is to even have Lamentation's and shit, while also commenting, "so much gear is useless". I have to keep reminding him instances make a lot of lower gear completely irrelevant, and that gear was very necessary for a casual player back when.

Id say the keying buys them a month of subs they could potentially lose without it. There isnt much to do in Kunark beyond the keying and handful of iksar/archeologist quests. Even a majority of the VP loot is trash. The key is content...trash content, but it atleast keeps that carrot on the stick.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have a comment on whether the Mage is worth the effort, but when I did the mage epic on live a couple years ago I was blown away by how much more bullshit the mage had than the other epics I had done. I've done almost all of them now and I guess I've missed most of the difficult ones, but man the mage is just one garbage camp after another.

Mage is a RNG fest, if you have good luck you will breeze through Mage epic in a Day. If you have shit tier RNG OR....your server can't fucking stay up...you won't finish your mage epic for weeks/ months.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Blitz think I spoke to you in LGuk yesterday... did finally get my ogre SK the guise for ghetto shrink.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Blitz Blitz think I spoke to you in LGuk yesterday... did finally get my ogre SK the guise for ghetto shrink.

I'm not "Blitz", in game. Someone else got it before I did. Believe it's a Necro though? Saw them running around the other day.

I do need to hop on and grab some Guise's though!

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
I'm not "Blitz", in game. Someone else got it before I did. Believe it's a Necro though? Saw them running around the other day.

I do need to hop on and grab some Guise's though!

Ah gotcha - grabbed two today for alts. Yeah it’s a necro.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Off i got a guise on my third day on server last week. Just logged on and got an ass group in 5m. Shame as an enc in all cloth i tried to sell loot rights but no dice.

After finishing coin of tash and stein of moggok tonight j boots and hopefully oracle robe is my goal. Can anyone give me advice for AC camp on Aradune?

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Off i got a guise on my third day on server last week. Just logged on and got an ass group in 5m. Shame as an enc in all cloth i tried to sell loot rights but no dice.

After finishing coin of tash and stein of moggok tonight j boots and hopefully oracle robe is my goal. Can anyone give me advice for AC camp on Aradune?

Best advice is get a group to farm with in OoT as an enchanter.

I got lucky and got the AC solo as a 50 ench, just happened to pop in front of me on the “peninsula “ near where Gornit paths. Put a dot on him, then chain nuked as fast as I could . I think what saved me was the fact that both a necro and another party both contested it, which gave me the highest % overall.

mtnhmr

Trakanon Raider

pre-nerf guise still drops?

Phanton

Trakanon Raider

Triggered just thinking about the ench epic. I did it twice in era on separate TLPs. Wraith of the Shissar / Verina Tomb / Vessel Drozlin are each enormous cockblocks. OW only, and if there isn't multiple grps sitting on their spawn point throughout their entire spawn window then consider yourself lucky.

• 1Like

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Triggered just thinking about the ench epic. I did it twice in era on separate TLPs. Wraith of the Shissar / Verina Tomb / Vessel Drozlin are each enormous cockblocks. OW only, and if there isn't multiple grps sitting on their spawn point throughout their entire spawn window then consider yourself lucky.

Yeah been helping some enchanters lately with this, lots of fun, very compelling content.