Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
This uses Unity engine to let you fly around no-clip in EQ zones up to Velious. No mobs populated though.

Shit this is awesome. I haven't seen OG PoHate in a long time, Freeport too. I finally got to haxor look around ToFS and confirm no secret level :( hah. I don't really remember that room with the white pillars and water but I assume it was on the floors between wedding and top floor because I didn't spend much time there.

B_Mizzle

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well Zog, it was fun. I feel l like they should have merged with us based on their core group of 4 warriors and 4 clerics. But whatever.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That guild bank is getting RMTed faster than you can /guildremove.

The merging with mediumcore is just an excuse. "we'll continue to do 1 krono giveaways every 4 months" is a crock of shit.

B_Mizzle

That guild bank is getting RMTed faster than you can /guildremove.

The merging with mediumcore is just an excuse. "we'll continue to do 1 krono giveaways every 4 months" is a crock of shit.

I wouldn't doubt that the officers are getting some KR for sure, but I think the real issue is that none of them could/wanted to be raid leaders.

B_Mizzle

Drama? yes please.

Guild drama, guess a vp raid didn't go well couple weeks back, the main 2 raid leaders quit and went to wow, the 3rd some crusty old man went to a euro guild. The core of the guild stayed 7 clerics 5 epic warriors. But the remaining officers couldn't lead raids. So we got mergered with another guild last night and guild bank well who knows.

Zog was not pleased.

yerm

Ever since Selo I've become more and more and overwhelmingly more embittered against the many "officers" who don't serve truly useful purposes in all these guilds. Having some absolutely never-want-to-lead officers in charge of DKP, absolutely. Maybe having one (and just one) like that handling top end administration like the discord server and guild bank and whatever other autism is needed, sure, fine. Having guilds where the officers are just people with high playtime and fancy resumes who talk a good game and befriend the right people but never actually DO anything? Fucking terrible.

Guild bank seizure unfortunately just seems to come with the territory. I think Amtrak is the only guild I've been in that folded abruptly and did NOT steal it? With the kronolord culture especially on each successive phinny clone I just don't imagine that changes; you need to just go into every guild with the assumption that the guild bank is going to be rmt'd and that's the cost of entry to raid there.

B_Mizzle

Ever since Selo I've become more and more and overwhelmingly more embittered against the many "officers" who don't serve truly useful purposes in all these guilds. Having some absolutely never-want-to-lead officers in charge of DKP, absolutely. Maybe having one (and just one) like that handling top end administration like the discord server and guild bank and whatever other autism is needed, sure, fine. Having guilds where the officers are just people with high playtime and fancy resumes who talk a good game and befriend the right people but never actually DO anything? Fucking terrible.

Guild bank seizure unfortunately just seems to come with the territory. I think Amtrak is the only guild I've been in that folded abruptly and did NOT steal it? With the kronolord culture especially on each successive phinny clone I just don't imagine that changes; you need to just go into every guild with the assumption that the guild bank is going to be rmt'd and that's the cost of entry to raid there.

2 officers made a good go of it, but just not people persons at all. Even with a decent raid force, 52 mains and 8 boxes last night, without good raid leaders I don't think it was going to work long term. They did say that anyone who moves over is getting free resist gear from the guild bank revenue in velious, so that's a plus. The biggest deal I think to many people is the raid time change, went from 830pst to 730pst, which is make or break for alot of the raiders.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 officers made a good go of it, but just not people persons at all. Even with a decent raid force, 52 mains and 8 boxes last night, without good raid leaders I don't think it was going to work long term. They did say that anyone who moves over is getting free resist gear from the guild bank revenue in velious, so that's a plus. The biggest deal I think to many people is the raid time change, went from 830pst to 730pst, which is make or break for alot of the raiders.
It was explained to me by suyeong that Rivalry was leaving, regardless of how the guild was going. He was jumping ship and took it upon himself to take his ball and go home.

We made a deal as a guild last week to continue recruiting to fill the spots we needed. We had a shitload of apps in that week to jump from 40 with boxes to the 50ish whatever mains we had.

Castle was mad and sad because he was lfg during xp bonus with his 45 druid and guild chat was empty, the last 2 weeks of kunark which meant the guild was going to collapse because nobody was leveling alts just before velious with him.

You cant fit 60 people in that guild with a cap of 72. Anyone that is cool with that deal is an idiot because they were too blinded by a dkp bonus than to see they aren't even going to get to raid.

Rivalry removed me from guild, raid and discord when I said that it would make more sense to join thats eq baby and get guaranteed raids and a huge population to socialize with than joining a failing guild.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Was that the Eventide guild or whatever?

Sucks to hear no one would step up to lead raids, VP is a perfect starter zone to learn to lead raids.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
people with high playtime and fancy resumes who talk a good game and befriend the right people but never actually DO anything? Fucking terrible.

monkeylook.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

B_Mizzle

It was explained to me by suyeong that Rivalry was leaving, regardless of how the guild was going. He was jumping ship and took it upon himself to take his ball and go home.

We made a deal as a guild last week to continue recruiting to fill the spots we needed. We had a shitload of apps in that week to jump from 40 with boxes to the 50ish whatever mains we had.

Castle was mad and sad because he was lfg during xp bonus with his 45 druid and guild chat was empty, the last 2 weeks of kunark which meant the guild was going to collapse because nobody was leveling alts just before velious with him.

You cant fit 60 people in that guild with a cap of 72. Anyone that is cool with that deal is an idiot because they were too blinded by a dkp bonus than to see they aren't even going to get to raid.

Rivalry removed me from guild, raid and discord when I said that it would make more sense to join thats eq baby and get guaranteed raids and a huge population to socialize with than joining a failing guild.

Why is everyone always talking about castle, isn't he just a scrub tier warrior who plays while his kids are screaming in the background? I never understood why he was always a topic.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was that the Eventide guild or whatever?

Sucks to hear no one would step up to lead raids, VP is a perfect starter zone to learn to lead raids.
The problem is a bunch of people got promoted to officers but they didn't want to actually be one. If they would have been open about being a bunch of pussies that can't handle the seat I would have gladly lead the guild and raids. This content is easy as fuck after doing it god knows how many times.

It was all hush hush and quietly done in the background so as to not give anyone a choice. When half the guild is tempted into leaving with a nice big carrot, you don't have a chance.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why is everyone always talking about castle, isn't he just a scrub tier warrior who plays while his kids are screaming in the background? I never understood why he was always a topic.
He is pretty trash. I only bring him up because he was one of the few who messaged me defending the merge last night, which that was his opinion. Guild was doomed because nobody wanted to level with him last week.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Several of us were asked to become officers when Gammett/Crescenz left, were promoted, and saw the officer chat... You wouldn't believe the amount of toxicity I saw. Alexander was unbelievable. Best thing to happen to SoE was that guy leaving.

Unfortunately Rivalry's pride left you guys very little options, and he'd never be a pawn in EQB over leading his own band. There's no way he'd ever do that. The moment I saw the officer chat was the moment I realized the guild was hopeless.

B_Mizzle

Several of us were asked to become officers when Gammett/Crescenz left, were promoted, and saw the officer chat... You wouldn't believe the amount of toxicity I saw. Alexander was unbelievable. Best thing to happen to SoE was that guy leaving.

Unfortunately Rivalry's pride left you guys very little options, and he'd never be a pawn in EQB over leading his own band. There's no way he'd ever do that. The moment I saw the officer chat was the moment I realized the guild was hopeless.

That's drama I want to hear, so the officers just talk alot of shit about everyone or each other or what? In my opinion they should have been open that we needed raid leaders there is definitely a certain cleric that I think could have done it.

One mistake I think they did make was not making VP some type of partial mandatory/or give bonus dkp for working on it/helping people. That shit killed it for me, watching whole guilds descend, pop a bunch of picks and steal camps, while our guild was saying "Yeah do what you think is fun", really pissed me off.

Last edited:

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not having a DKP system at all was just ridiculous. Lost a lot of good people over stupid decisions , which ended up snowballing over the past couple of weeks. That VP raid wasn't even that bad, was just the straw that broke the camels back.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vets of Norrath always looking for more raiders. Raids 4 times weekly 8 or 9 est start. DKP with a cap thats equal to 20 raids and tuesday + friday are all rolls come velious

My only complaint would be the loot system is overall too biased vs alts. But i noticed this is seemingly the same as many guilds.

I p much joined blind on recommend from posters here and its easily the most helpful, nicest guild ive been in. Just got my cleric 60 last night and should finish epic tonight. One of the officers even camped AJ for me so i could camp lord gimb at the same time and wound up getting both within a cpl hours.

I think we had like 32 for vp clear last sunday? Seem fairly competent.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
4:30pm EST...stupid.