Everquest TLP - Aradune and Rizlona Servers (Now with real customer service)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
"All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 11:00 PM PST* for an update. Downtime is expected to last approximately 36 hours.

Patch notes for this update will be found in the Game Update Notes section of the forums once they are available."

Holy fuck, that's lot of downtime.

Bobbybick

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, according to dreamweaver "No, this downtime is for a backend systems migration. Not specific to EQ.". So this isn't some big thing to come fix the lag problems affecting live, I imagine it has something to do with the change of ownership to EG7 but I'm a layman and don't have real understanding of most of the backend stuff's requirements. Luckily the monthly downtime patch coincides with it so they're gonna knock that out at the same time. Last day of enchanter AEing for casuals.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow... haha... that wasn't meant to be some in-depth, rational statement and I should have been a bit more clear but I'll break it down.

Yes I love Agnarr but I'm paying for other games and dedicating most of my time to those game so me, and i'm sure many others would kick around on the game and be part of the community if they could log in time to time for some fun.

The server is well past its prime and I played the crap out of it with FE but even though I love(d) the server it certainly does not have the value it once held.

Maybe its simply principle that I don't want to give them in more of my money at this time but that still doesn't change the fact that I love(d) my time on the server and IF it was free I would play it time to time.

So why would they do it? Mac Server (Pop-locked) was free, the server is not very active, and why not offer a little good will? They can always open more TLPs and take advantage of the initial hype train and make their moneys.....

I don't know.... I was really just responding the the post somewhat jokingly that I miss the server and would love to log in for time to time but I don't feel like giving them $15 a month for something to kick around on. It was simply more of a comment than a demand or criticism of their business model.

Come On Shrug GIF

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The game is set up to encourage small amounts of spending at regular intervals for most of the game period. Xp potions, overseer, mounts, transmogs, etc. Agnarr is not at the stage to utilize many of these so once you bought any bags and did your easy leveling, you're done, no more to spend. This is why it cannot be free to play.

Xeris

Trakanon Raider
The game is set up to encourage small amounts of spending at regular intervals for most of the game period. Xp potions, overseer, mounts, transmogs, etc. Agnarr is not at the stage to utilize many of these so once you bought any bags and did your easy leveling, you're done, no more to spend. This is why it cannot be free to play.

Ya pretty accurate. Although I think you'd be surprised by: a) how many people are still on Agnarr and b) how many people are still buying xp pots, mounts, and all the other stuff even though the server is locked.

Agnarr's population has been consistently increasing for the past year

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Ya pretty accurate. Although I think you'd be surprised by: a) how many people are still on Agnarr and b) how many people are still buying xp pots, mounts, and all the other stuff even though the server is locked.

Agnarr's population has been consistently increasing for the past year
I'm glad to hear that... no doubt if there was to be a lull in my gaming, it's where I would probably go to unless New World or Ashes of Creation were out. It still baffles me how much power and potential I think EQ as a franchise or a brand still has if they were to make something of it. At the very least, I think it deserved a makeover Classic - PoP. Remastering has definitely been the "in" thing in gaming but I'm guessing they simply can't allocate the resources or the people at the top want to look forward and not backwards with their investment.

If I had my pick, I would have remastered classic EQ and added just a few of the fundamental new systems like quest menu/UI's and minor changes that are primarily conveniences and doesn't really impact gameplay and every year or so release a remastered expansion until PoP. That would be 5+ years of serious money but I'm not sure how much the investment would cost them to tackle it. In my mind, it would pay off long term.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Besides, mac users now have a way to play an 'alkabor for the 21 century' type server.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Besides, mac users now have a way to play an 'alkabor for the 21 century' type server.
And an 'Al'Kabor for the 20th century' server through emulation.

Really glad Agnarr exists, tbh. Seems like there's folks that like being locked in PoP/LDoN/LoY forever. Not surprising; Gates kinda kills a lot of the population off once it releases, and PoP-and-earlier raids are extremely trivial to beat so it's a great era for casual raiders.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I like it because there is no one there, the krono are dirt cheap to buy, and everyone and his kid is selling all the best loot. So if you 're an autist that likes farming HG's for days at a time, welcome aboard.

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
No clue. I think 40k per krono is cheap. and no one else there. So no one to petition you. Hg's all the day long. lots of 40 slot bags for all the Fine Steel weapons. Hell, if you wanted to be naughty, you could use some program to just do it for you all month long. And you bother no one farming for krono.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kronos can be moved between servers? If they're cheap how are bot armys not buying them all up and reselling ?
They are account bound so you can access them on any character. The sale value doesnt really matter as it adjusts for inflation based on server.

Wynt

Trakanon Raider
No clue. I think 40k per krono is cheap. and no one else there. So no one to petition you. Hg's all the day long. lots of 40 slot bags for all the Fine Steel weapons. Hell, if you wanted to be naughty, you could use some program to just do it for you all month long. And you bother no one farming for krono.
Have you checked SG?

They've been there on Mangler continuously for the last 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if they were there on Agnarr too.

You could notice on Aradune as soon as they copped the "ban", the krono buying market thinned out alot. I don't think I've seen these big boi whales buying on barter for some time.

I would assume they were the guys loading up barter everyday with 20kr on 3-4 toons.