Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Goonsquad Officer
I expected on par with kung fu hustle, which was the same sort of comedy so it went over well with me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I expected on par with kung fu hustle, which was the same sort of comedy so it went over well with me
Stephen Chow would go missing very quickly if he made this film in China. i dunno what happened to him, he made two really good films back to back and then he made some magic ET film and i never heard about anything from him again.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
best part of the film. there were a lot of interesting set pieces, like the raccoon or the rock discussion. it was just so all over the place and disjointed that it became annoying to me.

All over the place, yes.

Disjointed, no

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Had barely heard anything about this one, but somewhere I had seen something saying it was a really good movie. So I didn't really have any spoilers about what I was getting into.

Watched it today and what a fucking rollercoaster! I wasn't expecting, well, any of it. I laughed pretty hard, had several times where I just said "what the fuck" out loud. Even though the movie was incredibly weird, it was all very purposeful. It's a masterful existential movie wrapped in a bizarre package.

Between this and the new Top Gun, I'm glad to see movies aren't completely terrible.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is getting a theatrical re-release. Go fucking see it if you can. Best thing that has been made in a long time.

• 8Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 8 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Forgot about this movie, and one of the ladies co-workers lent her this film, which I thought was surprising. Excited, but it's blu-ray, so I actually have to move the PS5 to the projector, fuck.

• 1Worf

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
This is so godamn good.

Edit- just finished it. So good. The lesbian stuff is so meh to me it's barely worth a thought. No trans/genderfluid/blm stuff, so it's an automatic 8/10 in 2022 as a starting point. Doesn't even register for me on the woke meter.
I might have had a few Jasker Jasker / Lumi Lumi conspiracy theories over the course of the movie....

Highly recommend. It's a perfect level of ridiculous.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was a "sweet" movie. Absolutely ludicrous. Good to see it made over $100m on a $25m budget. A lot of fun to watch.

• 1Like

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just watched this on the plane back from Vegas. This movie deserves FAR more attention than it's gotten. It managed to be a brilliant SciFi film with an actual unique premise, was visually fantastic (hated that I watched it on a small tablet screen, but at least I had good headphones for it), while also being a story which (and many of you might not have been hit like I was by this part) delivered an incredible insight into what it's like to have been married a long time and go through something of a mid life crisis. All the while it had stuff involving lesbians in it, but they actually WROTE IT WELL INTO THE DAMN MOVIE, so that was actually a plus for them in my book. Definitely 4 thumbs up!

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just watched this on the plane back from Vegas. This movie deserves FAR more attention than it's gotten. It managed to be a brilliant SciFi film with an actual unique premise, was visually fantastic (hated that I watched it on a small tablet screen, but at least I had good headphones for it), while also being a story which (and many of you might not have been hit like I was by this part) delivered an incredible insight into what it's like to have been married a long time and go through something of a mid life crisis. All the while it had stuff involving lesbians in it, but they actually WROTE IT WELL INTO THE DAMN MOVIE, so that was actually a plus for them in my book. Definitely 4 thumbs up!
It’s gotten a lot of attention. You’ve been under a rock

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
It's Aug and this is still my fave movie of 2022

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to watching this. Was worth every penny of the $10.00. A Hitchhiker's guide to the Universe would be proud. Highly recommend the movie if you have not watched it yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users