Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

velk

Trakanon Raider
This movie was completely fucking ridiculous. If they made a parody of it, you'd have a hard time telling which was which.

Two thumbs up 8)

Having fight scenes that are badass, complete nonsense and laugh out loud funny all at the *same time* ? Bravo.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Having fight scenes that are badass, complete nonsense and laugh out loud funny all at the *same time* ? Bravo.
You act like you've never had a physical altercation with hotdog fingers.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
This movie is bonkers. I can't say I've seen anything quite like it, the absurdity is off the charts at times, but in a handcrafted way. The people that made this weren't throwing shit at a wall to see what sticks in a hit or miss style where random = funny. Some of it seems random, but seeds are planted early. There is setup and payoff, all while straddling drama and comedy in an unforced way. Top marks, I'll be thinking of this for days.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
if you have an AMC near you they are playing this movie in IMAX and Northman in Dolby, todays unfortunately the last day before Dr. Strange takes over theaters tomorrow

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Finally at cinema for this. Release is Friday with preview tonight, but my local multiplex still won't have it until next week so I had to come to the art house cinema lol

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
7/10 better than most recent marvel movies with more compelling combat, but dragged at the end

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I've been trying to see this for weeks but timing just keeps not working out. Finally looked like things were going to line up next Monday the 16th.... and when googling showtimes I see that it is going to be released on Amazon Prime on Tuesday the 17th. Honestly my home theater has blown away the last couple of commercial theaters I've been too, so fuck it, guess I'll just own this shit on Tuesday and hope it lives up to my excitement, lol.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Correctly identify obvious wokeness in a movie, wokeness so cliched and obvious that we could outline the major themes without even watching the preview. But its the people who are noticing this that are predictable, not the wokeness itself!
Chinese inmigrant saving the universe, probably because of evil white men. Ugh

These takes aged incredibly

• 1Salty
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Like

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
This movie was fucking ridiculous in the best most awesome way possible. MOTY so far. Must see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Hugging everyone saves the day. Why can't we all just get along. Be nice. Lesbos are cool, don't be a jerk. There, I saved everyone 2 hours.

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Wow!
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
i thought the story was "lesbians break shit because they can't handle a little rough patch in their life"

Kiki

Log Wizard
Hugging everyone saves the day. Why can't we all just get along. Be nice. Lesbos are cool, don't be a jerk. There, I saved everyone 2 hours.

You left out the crouching tiger hidden matrix multiverse of hotdog fingers (and buttplugs) which is half the movie tho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I liked it, and am glad that I watched it, but it falls into the "weird fucking movie that's not really my cup of tea" category. Some weird shit I love, but the weirdness combined with the story not really thrilling me left me feeling like I needed more. I mean, hot dog fingers was fucking great, don't get me wrong, but I doubt I'll ever watch this again. There were a lot of things that I liked, and I can't even point to much that I didn't like, but overall...meh?