Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got back from this

It's like The Matrix, Rick and Morty, and Kung Fu Hustle had a baby.

Highly recommend.
Seeing this tomorrow. If the movie delivers half of this review it’s going to be awesome. Can’t wait

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I loved this movie and was mind blown the dad was fucking data from the goonies afterwards lmao
super entertaining all around and didnt really feel as long as it actually is

I loved that Waymond had a fanny pack, especially cause I spent the whole movie going "is that? no, cant be, but could it be? is it?" and it turns out it was.

Also, I now want to see him do an "Indiana Jones: Adventures of Short Round" movie

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Maybe it was because I went into this expecting yet more garbage Chinese/Hollywood action schlock funded by some rando Tencent subsidiary, but I was definitely surprised it turned out even better than the trailer.

Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be one of the better "multiverse" movies out this year. Or decade. Because, there's gonna be a lot.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Why is marketing pushing it as one of the best "multiverse" movies? Is that a genre that people specially get pumped about lol. Seems so specific.

One of the best sci-fi, dammit!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I might give this a watch, but I am a bit blown away I should have known who Michelle Yeoh is.

Am I the nerd or are you guys?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I've only seen her in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and Sunshine.

Sunshine... Now there's another amazing sci-fi

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've only seen her in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and Sunshine.

Sunshine... Now there's another amazing sci-fi

The main theme from the Sunshine soundtrack is epic. Funnily enough the soundtrack didn't get a release until years after the movie came out, kinda similar to how this movie is yet to get a UK release date. Fucking annoying

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is this movie worth watching in theater or should I just wait for streaming?

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this movie worth watching in theater or should I just wait for streaming?
I’d see it now before the hype train rolls out of control. Movie is fun and well worth seeing.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I might give this a watch, but I am a bit blown away I should have known who Michelle Yeoh is.

Am I the nerd or are you guys?
Supercop 1-2, Tomorrow Never Dies, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha, Sunshine, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Kung Fu Panda 2, also she has a bit part as another Ravager captain at Yondu's funeral in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

• 3Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Supercop 1-2, Tomorrow Never Dies, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Memoirs of a Geisha, Sunshine, The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor, Kung Fu Panda 2, also she has a bit part as another Ravager captain at Yondu's funeral in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
She definitely has a recognizable face even though you might not know the name.

Goonsquad Officer
Is this in English, subbed or dubbed? I been on a kick of not watching trailers and I heard this was decent.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Is this in English, subbed or dubbed? I been on a kick of not watching trailers and I heard this was decent.
It's an American movie with some Chinese subbed parts. Mostly at the beginning.

Goonsquad Officer
It's an American movie with some Chinese subbed parts. Mostly at the beginning.
Pimp thank you. I saw the actress and read she was in some dubbed subbed movies and wanted to make sure so my wife didn't Strangle me for taking her to a subbed movie

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Saw it last night. This movie is fucking wild. I think I loved it, but it is so crazy that it is hard to be sure. Definitely a must watch for sci-fi fans as this is the most sci-fi movie released in I don't know how long.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Goonsquad Officer
I also saw it and loved it. Among the wildest shit I've ever seen. They wrote a serious plot about existential horror in the wackiest way possible then had intense fights over ridiculous objectives while also telling life lessons a dozen at a time. Pure madness.

How is Dr strange and the multimeter (autocorrect. Fuck it im leaving it) of madness going to show its face in public after this masterpiece just dunked all over them with both multiverse and madness.

• 3Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
i feel like the crazy, existential, and highly-sentimental nature of this film makes it like the zoomer version of What Dreams May Come

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This movie is nuts, in a good way. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and so did the wife.

• 3Like

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
I caught this yesterday afternoon and it really was a pleasant surprise. Some of the silliness reminded me of Hitchhiker's Guide and skirts the edge of being too ridiculous and fitting in with the world(s?) they made. It was also a lot more sentimental (perhaps a bit philosophical even) and fun movie than I was expecting, but in a good way. Quite refreshing though and worth a watch.

Alamo Drafthouse also had a segment about Michelle Yeoh early on and I had no idea she actually won Miss Malaysia in 1983 and is a trained ballerina, but lacked martial arts experience before getting into action movies (and then just using her dance training to pick up the choreography for film). Makes me want to go back and watch some of her earlier movies as I think the first thing I saw her in was Supercop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There was a time in asain kung Fu movie making where they were pretty stuck up about the actors actually knowing martial arts or they couldn't get the job. I think Michelle yeoh was one of those trailblazers that demonstrated that needn't always be the case.

Jet LI is another one who was proficient in dance first, then learned "movie martial arts" after he was already making movies