Facebook Theories (Why everyone I know likes it but me)

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
About 8 years deep now, still don't get why people post shit they know no one is gonna read or care about.

Family/Friends get offended when I don't respond to their FB messages or comment on their shit and it gets me very rustled.

Any value I'm missing here? It's almost entirely what I would consider "Shower Thoughts" aka shit no one cares about.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
facebook saves you from calling your friends and relatives or them calling you to find out whats going on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Swagdaddy

I really don't find any value in watching people I barely care about doing shit, the only reason it bothers me is because people seem to often take offense by my lack of participation in it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Swagdaddy

facebook saves you from calling your friends and relatives or them calling you to find out whats going on.

This I get, and is pretty much the only thing I use it for.

The problem is like when I have a work friend send multiple messages or a friend request I never check and then acting pissy because he thinks that interaction matters.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This I get, and is pretty much the only thing I use it for.

The problem is like when I have a work friend send multiple messages or a friend request I never check and then acting pissy because he thinks that interaction matters.
oh well, thats life. tell them to deal with it.

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
It just feeds peoples egos and narcissism IMHO.
Do you want facebook *friends* or friends you spend time with and do things with?

Also..... see South Park episode on Facebook friends.... "You have zero friends" =)

Just delete the account and be done with it.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Playing devils advocate, there are the bright points of it when bored.

So much drama, and endless entertainment. *cityname* Confessions groups are a great start, then simply creep the crazies for even more lulz on their wide open profiles. For the love of your sanity, don't interact with these people though. I'd rather be locked in a room with FoH's crazies than do that.

Other than that, yeah just family & friends, and they get a big fuck yerself if they have a problem with my lack of interest in their stupid games or pleas for sympathy that their cat is a fattie.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I guess I missed out. I have like 8 friends on facebook. Three friends and 5 family. All of them don't really post the shit you hear about facebook, just pics if the go on vacation or some such.

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I really don't find any value in watching people I barely care about doing shit, the only reason it bothers me is because people seem to often take offense by my lack of participation in it

I see your problem now. It's not the facebook people, it's that you give a shit what facebook people think. Tell them you're a luddite and to fuck off. Alternatively, do some research on crazy ass paranoid conspiracy theories involving FB and start laying that shit on them. Actually, fuck the research, just read enough that you can come up with your own batshit theory. One of my cousins kept pestering me and I finally shut her up with "Because *I DON'T* want my kids raped, that's the difference between you and me"

Kinda disappointed she dropped it actually, because I had an hours worth of shit queued up ready to go.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
I use it largely for work. Outside of that I use it to troll my friends a bit. That's pretty much it.

• 1Like

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
dont worry I fucking hate facebook too. i have one, but I havent used it in years.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It just feeds peoples egos and narcissism IMHO.
Do you want facebook *friends* or friends you spend time with and do things with?

Also..... see South Park episode on Facebook friends.... "You have zero friends" =)

Just delete the account and be done with it.

Can you even delete your account?

• 1Like

wilkxus

<Bronze Donator>
Supposedly yes, whether they (or googles etc) actually DELETE or just disconnect it is another matter though.

www.facebook.com/help/224562897555674

If you are tagged in their photo face recognition database youre probably there for good tho.

Really creepy sh*t especially for younger generations tracked by govt and employers virtually from cradle to grave with zero privacy. Most non-techie people do not understand, those that do simply do not care because have not seen any reason to reflect on possible implications.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
i use it for the messanger. i talk to this chick i know that her boyfriend is a jerk, so we talk on there from time to time. He doesnt like me, because she will send me nudes from time to time. haha. other then that its just all about entertainment. I dont get pissy when people delete me. The people i care about in my life dont even have one. Its great to read when on the shitter.

• 1Like