Facebook Theories (Why everyone I know likes it but me)

gLobal

Trakanon Raider
Never had a Facebook. Not much much on social ties, even with family. I'm somewhat well-traveled and have made a lot of connections throughout the years, but I just don't see the point in keeping up with people just for the sake of keeping up. I'm sure I've missed a lot of conversations, drama, and opportunities, etc. but I have no regrets. I devote my energies to those I see in person everyday.

I'd much rather sit down with someone I haven't seen in 10 years, talk face-to-face over drinks/dinner and move on. I like the surprise of finding out "Oh, you got remarried and had 2 kids!?", and dropping my own crazy stories right back on them. Being hyper-connected is draining. I can hardly bring myself to post here, even though I've been lurking for 13 years.

• 3Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
Actually that is a lot of what I do on facebook, is participate in other people's stuff... people post a pic of a match they played and all of ask who won, what happened, ref make bad calls? etc... one pic and 100 comments from 20 of us.

I don't have a lot of the lunch-pic friends, maybe you should make better friends? It's like complaining this forum sucks because of that idiot who posts banana pics. Sure.. that guy is retarded. But there's still a fair amount of decent content.

538.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have no Facebook and no friends.

Kind of a chicken/egg problem.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
As a CCG player//MMO player for the better part of my life, my friends are scattered all over the world. Facebook's a handy way to stay in touch with them, now that we aren't bitching in group chat in some dungeon, or meeting up after a tournament to drink, as often.