Facebook Theories (Why everyone I know likes it but me)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
People don't really use facebook like they did a few years ago imo.

Imagine what it was like going to

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Mid post, Hodj has an epiphany.

And then, Douglas Adams style, the world blows up.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
THANKS HODJ. I DON'T HAVE TO MOW MY GRASS ANYMORE. BUT NOW I'LL NEVER KNOW THE SWEET SECRET OF AN ANONYMOUS ORGY, EITHER.

GOOD GOING.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I put pictures of my baby on Facebook and it saves me from having to ever put forth any effort i nsharing pictures, greeting cards etc with Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Family etc.

Also, Facebook Group for my fantasy league.

Also it lets me surf rando chicks when Im super drunk. Lets me know what exactly is out there on the single market if I murder my wife.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
This fucking restaurant has too much shit on the menu! I only order the hamburger, why the fuck do they have chicken on there! Those motherless fucks. I'm not coming here anymore.

Basically what you said previously. It's what you make of it. If you don't like the news feed, don't use it. Or better yet, curate it so that it does become useful. I've removed most of my obnoxious friends from my newsfeed, and mostly it's just interesting articles about mountain biking, skiing, and other outdoorsy type shit. And yeah, it's super useful for maintaining loose associations with large groups of people that you don't necessarily hang out with all the time, but might organize a trip or meet up once or twice a year to do whatever activity it is that you're associated by (again, biking, skiing, camping etc). It's also useful for getting in touch with people you haven't seen in a long time, if you met passingly and didn't exchange contact information otherwise.

Honestly, people who are proud of how much they hate Facebook are idiots. I mean, if you don't have an account, no problem, that's totally acceptable. Just don't brag to me how edgy and rebellious you are because of it. No one gives a shit. Just like no one gives a shit about all the pictures you're posting on it or Instagram or whatever. I started an IG account, added a bunch of friends, and quickly lost interest because it's pretty much the worst parts of Facebook, distilled down to it's very essence. But I don't go around bragging to people that I'm off IG now. Because that would make me an asshole, too.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The feeling I got after I deleted Facebook was akin to dropping a deuce the morning after drinking cheap beer and Taco Bell.

Heavenly.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hodj stroked out from hodjing and died?

Think I was mid post on my phone this morning when I was ordering breakfast and they called my name to come pick up my order so I locked my phone without finishing my thought, and then when I later opened my phone to check the website must have accidentally hit post while the page was still loading or something.

TBH I can't even remember what I intended to finish saying there now so whatever.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Think I was mid post on my phone this morning when I was ordering breakfast and they called my name to come pick up my order so I locked my phone without finishing my thought, and then when I later opened my phone to check the website must have accidentally hit post while the page was still loading or something.

TBH I can't even remember what I intended to finish saying there now so whatever.
What year is it? Who is president? Are you experiencing any weaknessor numbness of the face?

• 1Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Ivanka Trump
Yes, all over my whole body

• 1Solidarity

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've never been big on it, but a few weeks ago I "unfollowed" all but close family and like 4 friends. It's so much better, and it makes me want to just get rid of it entirely. I probably will in another month when I realize I don't give a shit about what's still being posted.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Had to firebomb my Facebook account a few months after college. De-tag myself from pictures, the whole thing. It got taken over by bots and spammed people with advertisements. I probably should have cared more than I did/do because there was a lot of pictures that I'll never have access to again, but no regrets. It's nice being honest with yourself and admitting that you honestly don't give a fuck about the personal lives of your acquaintances, coworkers, and 'friends.'

• 2Solidarity

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Any value I'm missing here? It's almost entirely what I would consider "Shower Thoughts" aka shit no one cares about.

I have a Facebook account but I rarely log into it. I might share a link that I find particularly interesting but I never go back to count the likes or replies.

I think Facebook, Instagram, etc. interest all boils down to what type of person you are. Personally, I'm highly introverted and simply not a social individual. If you're like me then I think the entire social-media thing is lost to us.

• 1Like

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I quit social media in 2010. Rather be unsearchable, well - minus the NSA's data repository and my own forum posting hijinks in the past. :p

I get why people do it though. Maybe when I'm an old man in 50 years I'll rejoin social media so I can see every picture of me ever taken once it's indexed in the master global database. :lumie:

• 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
i use it for the messanger. i talk to this chick i know that her boyfriend is a jerk, so we talk on there from time to time. He doesnt like me, because she will send me nudes from time to time. haha. other then that its just all about entertainment. I dont get pissy when people delete me. The people i care about in my life dont even have one. Its great to read when on the shitter.

Post the nudes or it didn't happen.

Whatever the cause, it was your best post to date on the new forum.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dunno, FB is great for quite a few things. I live overseas and it saves me a fuckload of time updating each and every family member of what I am doing all the time. I have various groups set up for diving, travel, etc that make planning quite easy. Also, event planning with guest lists and RSVP function is pretty damn convenient too. As for the news feed, like Eomer said.. take control of that shit. Filter out (hide updates) from the weirdo extended family members that post garbage. Update what you do enjoy and after a while, you get a lot more custom timeline to read with stuff that interests you. I am a dive and space geek and 99% of what I end up seeing outside of my friends' posts are dive articles, IFLS, or Neil DeGrasse Tyson posts. Which is fine by me.