Fake People: CGI/AI IPs for hire

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I was having a conversion with a buddy recently and we were talking about the LOL: Arcane and their crossplatform efforts which led into the topic of virtual celebrities and I think we might be on the cusp of this being a real thing. You already see the level of CGI and greenscreen in movies these days so it wouldn't be a stretch for someone to make a new person and patent them as an IP and sell them into what ever property comes up. Such as the fortnite thing with League

Literally fake people.

Imma-Insta-models.jpg

There was a movie about this a few years back, I never watched it even though I found the premise interesting.

What actually made me think about this recently was the LOL: Arcane show, and what they were kind of talking about with the characters and how they made this fake K-Pop band that apparently is crushing it in record sales.

So what about you guys do you think a computer generated IP person could be the next big movie star? Could this change entertainment from video games to pretty much everything where one could simply license out X-figure. Is there still too much of an uncanny valley that we'll never get past or will this be the future of entertainment. Think about it from a production side, a figure that can never get sick, can never get hurt, can perform any crazy action/stunt, never ages, or can age infinitely, can work on multiple projects at once, there is a world of versatility that has never been opened before with this.

Imagine if Riot made Jinx an IP that could be hired of any number of situations as an example.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Companies have been doing this for decades. Video game and movie characters all over advertising space for completely unrelated shit.

You may be on to something!

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Really good CGI has eliminated the uncanny valley in my opinion. Couple that with AI / Deepfake type stuff and we're gonna' be seeing some crazy shit in the near future, I think.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I got it. Jinx could be the next spokesperson LOCO tacos at Taco Bell! Get it? LOCO? CRAZY? JINX!

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jesus christ you are some or the dumbest American Inventors on earth. I am not talking about some cartoon to babbling fucking American Inventors. I am talking about something indistinguishable from a real person.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Like the kpop band and jinx? I didn’t even know they were cgi til I read this thread. It’s like you told me Santa isn’t real. Ruined everything.

• 5Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 5 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I mean, who is this going to affect?

I'm still gonna fap to random hoes, and my dick won't care if they're CGI or not

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Jesus christ you are some or the dumbest American Inventors on earth. I am not talking about some cartoon to babbling fucking American Inventors. I am talking about something indistinguishable from a real person.
I'm pretty sure they all understood. and were saying, yes. they have been doing it with cartoon characters for awhile. as well as makeup effects.. so yes, deepfake trademarked "people" any second now. Like, The Colonel for KFC.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Jesus Christ you are some face palm fucking simpleton. I am not talking about Who Framed Roger Rabbit you fucking dipshits. I am wondering how far we are from seeing a star that people could actually confuse or believe is a real person.

It's like you faggot cornflake retards are skipping this example on purpose. The center person in this picture is not a person at all, but whatever it's a waste of time with this board clearly.

Imma-Insta-models.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jesus Christ you are some face palm fucking simpleton. I am not talking about Who Framed Roger Rabbit you fucking dipshits. I am wondering how far we are from seeing a star that people could actually confuse or believe is a real person.

It's like you faggot cornflake retards are skipping this example on purpose. The center person in this picture is not a person at all, but whatever it's a waste of time with this board clearly.

Imma-Insta-models.jpg
You're looking for this: Grown Up Stuff

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mean, who is this going to affect?

I'm still gonna fap to random hoes, and my dick won't care if they're CGI or not
You don’t rub one out to the “This will make you cum in under 30 seconds” video game ads? I approach them as a challenge.

• 2Worf
  • 1GreNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
1637621023712.jpeg

• 1GreNeg

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You're looking for this: Grown Up Stuff

Maybe, I actually wasn't sure where would be a good fit for the topic. Since everyone thinks I am simply talking about ads or branding, instead I am kind of curious how far off we are from a completely unreal star or celebrity. I am not even sure AI is the right use her because it wouldn't have to be an artificial intelligence but could be a group of people or company who makes a Bruce Lee out of thin fucking air, or whatever it might be.

• 1Moron