Fall 2013 Anime Thread

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Kill la Kill is ok but nothing more for me
iYrkBndxq8hfu.gif

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova had an interesting second episode, kind of wonder where they're going with it but looks like it will turn out good.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Was about to say the animation looks exactly like Gurren Lagann's, then I saw it's from the same team. Hope this turns out good. And I expect good things from Ippo as usual.
oh man, gotta watch it then. i saw drill and robot eyes from gurren lagann in the trailer. pretty cool.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Lots of good shit this season but nothing on the level of Titan or SAO. I think Titan is the closest I've seen to a masterpiece of a series since eureka seven. So long as you pretend AO didn't happen eureka seven is still among the best ever created.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Lots of good shit this season but nothing on the level of Titan or SAO. I think Titan is the closest I've seen to a masterpiece of a series since eureka seven. So long as you pretend AO didn't happen eureka seven is still among the best ever created.
Since Eureka 7? No Death Note? FMA: Brotherhood? Lagann? Steins Gate?

Most Fall shows are only a couple episodes in, too. Can't tell anything from that. Despite the fact the story synopsis seems to be exactly the same as SAO, Log Horizon looks like it could be something great.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's similar to SAO, but I repeat what Sean said before about Log Horizon seemingly being more 'gamey' than SAO was. I hope it stays that way and doesn't evolve into a blah love story.

eVasiege_sl

shitlord
Kill la Kill - Judging by the first couple episodes I'd say it definitely has the potential to meet or even surpass Gurren Lagann on the epic ridiculousness scale if they keep pushing it. Everything feels very familiar. If the story is nearly as good, I suspect we'll have another masterpiece on our hands. If the story is good.

Log Horizon - The first episode felt like a cheesier, light-hearted version of SAO. The whole die-in-game-die-irl aspect isn't nearly as effective or shocking. I don't really feel the presence of danger for the characters, though that could change later. I'll probably stick with it just because it's about MMO's.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Since Eureka 7? No Death Note? FMA: Brotherhood? Lagann? Steins Gate?

Most Fall shows are only a couple episodes in, too. Can't tell anything from that. Despite the fact the story synopsis seems to be exactly the same as SAO, Log Horizon looks like it could be something great.
Hmm, those are all quality releases, but i'd only rate FMA:Brotherhood as high as E7. I didnt take a strong liking to Lagann personally. SG and D.Note were both really good shows but i didnt feel any connection to the characters like i did with FMA and E7.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
If you're not watching Kill La Kill, you should probably be watching Kill La Kill.

GainaxTrigger turned the fanservice and the (lack of) transformation sequence for the protagonist into aplot point.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Kill la kill gives me the wierdest boner. It is terren on fan service overload. I highly recommend it, even the sidekick is hilarious.."you have to get naked... Your breast is bigger than her.. I seen it." I'm half impressed half ashamed of watching the show.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Log Horizon, much like SAO and .hack before it, reeeeally makes me want to have a virtual mmorpg to play. I suspect this feeling is really sort of corralled among mmo players, but it really comes to the forefront when watching these anime.

Also, Kill la Kill is hilariously awesome. And totally unwatchable with any other person for fear of looking like a super perv.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Isn't a single show that I would not watch with another person. You guys need to lose your silly senses of shame. If you can watch Game of Thrones with someone, you can watch Kill la Kill with someone.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Game of Thrones doesn't have a plot that revolves around a super tiny outfit on a (seemingly) teenage girl. Literally, Kill la Kill is -entirely- about skimpy outfits on young girls, because the skimpier the stronger. Latest episode backs me up! I'm not saying it isn't hilariously great, but much like having anyone around when you do the lapdance leveling up in GTAV, some shit is just best done without an audience.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't a single show that I would not watch with another person. You guys need to lose your silly senses of shame. If you can watch Game of Thrones with someone, you can watch Kill la Kill with someone.
come back to ffxiv.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Strike the Blood 04: "So you're saying you used me as a fluffer" exceeded only by "You hurt her, she bled, she had to get checked, and it was a safe day, so the results were negative?"

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The last few episodes of Yamato are being subtitled now so far eps 23 & 24 are out! Good series to check out for those who haven't seen it yet.