Fall 2013 Anime Thread

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok Kill la Kill and Log Horizon... anything else worth watching? I don't like comedies, school comedy/dramas, or romantic anime shows.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Ok Kill la Kill and Log Horizon... anything else worth watching? I don't like comedies, school comedy/dramas, or romantic anime shows.
Unbreakable Machine-doll and Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~.

There's also some great Sports shows if you like those. If you haven't tried them, try one for sure. Also, Hunter X Hunter if you're not watching that.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Kill la Kill is amazing. Worried it is about to become serialized though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm reading that Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio is diverging from the source material and that's why the result of the latest episode seems kind of... flukey.

Malakriss

CR, funimation, hulu, etc have a majority of the shows available each season but they a) don't have everything and b) only have the censored broadcast versions. They're not completely eliminating the need for fansubbing in the English community let alone other markets.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Crunchy was worth subbing to when it was like $6 a month, but last I looked it was damn near $15 a month, which I will not do just for the few anime series I pay attention to.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hmm, I must have been looking at the All-Access last time I went to re-sub. Guess the prices haven't changed after all then, doh.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crunchyroll is worth it, cheap, and they get a larger % of the currently airing shows each season it seems like. I don't find everything I want to watch on there, but it is an easy source, and it streams easily on my phone and other devices. That sounds so Schilling, but I really am happy with it.

Edit - Just saw this:Crunchyroll - Crunchyroll to Simulcast "One Piece" Anime!

Malakriss

To summarize the latest episode of Infinite Stratos:

0oHWe.gif

edit:Infinite Stratos S2x05 Pictures and animated gifs

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Unbreakable Machine-doll andAoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~.

There's also some great Sports shows if you like those. If you haven't tried them, try one for sure. Also, Hunter X Hunter if you're not watching that.
Been watching Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio ~Ars Nova~ and it's really interesting to me. Never really seen much with marine combat before. While these are aliens/alien tech this is still interesting to me as some of these plans are quite brilliant honestly. Hoping this doesn't turn into random harem anime 344435.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
holy shit log horizon is awesome.

at first anime dealing rpg/mmo was silly and stupid like hack slash and the other animes.

then SAO was great, but didn't' really go into it.

now Log Horizon, it's great! it's actually an anime about mmo's. i mean they have an enchanter casting root and mez and will-o-wisps for light, they basically talk about one GM only events and grouping and even raids and guilds/guild halls. They have a warrior that aoe taunts and if you don't attack him, you get counter-attacked, heck i never taught there'd be a way to working "taunting" into any type of real story, but that works! sub classes, re-cast timers and everything!

and holy shit an assassin that you don't see, but in the end is badass cuz she took care of 1/3 of the group in the background.

there's just so much to name it's like someone actually made eq (or equivalent mmo) into a real anime real mmo players can relate to.

everyone on rerolled should be watching this, since like the founding basis of this site is the news and updates of an everquest guild that started like 10years ago.

(i normally watch anime after the season is over, cuz my wife and i just like to binge watch over the weekend, but gave this a shot and we both liked it)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
everyone on rerolled should be watching this, since like the founding basis of this site is the news and updates of an everquest guild that started like 10years ago.
Get lost 03'er

Sean_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I definitely look forward to Log Horizon every week. It's probably my second favorite of the season atm. The first being Unbreakable Machine-Doll.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really like Kill la Kill but I feel like they started at max crazy and that leaves little room for growth. I don't remember seeing anything about Kyousogiga but it is pretty good. It is a little crazy and I am not a huge fan of (what I am sure will be) incest but ill keep watching until they cross that line.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Since the folks behind Kill la Kill are the same folks behind Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan, I have full faith that we haven't even begun to see the crazy yet. And I am 100% looking forward to when it does hit the real levels of awesome.

Also, Log Horizon is great. It has a much less Single/Double player aspect to it and actually explores more of the group dynamics. Definitely room in the world for both SAO types and Log Horizon types.