Fall 2014 Anime Thread

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
She entered Togane's room, the enforcer who pointed the Dominator at tsunemori.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thanks for replies. I meant mystery/grim setting in general. I'll look into some of those - probably starting with Death Note.
ShinSekai Yori - Grim, Mystery, Brutality was trying to remember this earlier - IPT has pretty much every series you can think of also.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I liked this week's Cross Ange. She's evolving as a character. That said, the maid chick is REALLY fucking annoying. But at least Ange is now looking out for more than just herself. And the after credits scene made reference to the nude bath scene being "what the show needed". So I dig it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
While i agree Ufotable is #1 on animation - im not sure how many actually watched the series "The devil is a part timer" or something like that. It was a comedic action series but the combat animation and drawing was pretty top notch, the action sequences were on par with UBW imo.

Oh its studio white fox, same who did Jormungand and Akame.

nyn

Lord Nagafen Raider
While i agree Ufotable is #1 on animation - im not sure how many actually watched the series "The devil is a part timer" or something like that. It was a comedic action series but the combat animation and drawing was pretty top notch, the action sequences were on par with UBW imo.

Oh its studio white fox, same who did Jormungand and Akame.
oh hataraoku maou sama own (devil is a part timer). Really really loved it, and in 2015 should come 2nd season as well.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
oh hataraou maou sama own (devil is a part timer). Really really loved it, and in 2015 should come 2nd season as well.
It always bugs me that it was translated this way. The literal translation is "Working Demon King" - part time isn't mentioned at all in the Japanese name!

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked that series, but I have to strongly disagree with suggesting that it's combat action and animation are on par with UBW.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I liked that series, but I have to strongly disagree with suggesting that it's combat action and animation are on par with UBW.

Nah i think its there now - Fate Zero was around same time as this if not after? and the combat animation from Zero hardly compares to the amazingness in UBW- Im content enough to say that the fight scenes in this compare to UBW but they didnt get to display it as much considering the type of anime it was. If The Breaker or ToG ever got animated (god can only hope) id want it to be a company on par with these two to do it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm about 1/2 way through Fate Zero now. Last night I saw the episode where Rider and Saber sit down to drink wine and then Archer joins them followed by Assassin trying to crash the party.
I really liked the episode.

Maebe_sl

shitlord
Also try Casshern Sins
Just finished "Casshern Sins" and I thought it was excellent, thanks for mentioning it and to the others for mentioning they liked it.

M3:The Dark Metal (which I liked also) got me looking for similar. Will try the others mentioned including "Darker Than Black" next.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Just finished "Casshern Sins" and I thought it was excellent, thanks for mentioning it and to the others for mentioning they liked it.

M3:The Dark Metal (which I liked also) got me looking for similar. Will try the others mentioned including "Darker Than Black" next.
I made it nine episodes deep into Casshern Sins and I just can't take anymore. This show has a fucking echo in every episode. "If I kill you the world will have your immortality." "If you kill me the world will have immortality?" "Yes, if I kill you the world will have immortality." Fuck off.

The breaking point for me was the episode where they meet the brain dead robot in the pit of flowers. 75% of that episode's dialogue consisted of that flower girl robot and Ringo, or Rinko? giggling like two complete retards the entire time. I was just pleading that one of the robots would have ripped the flower girl's head right off. Maybe its just the english dub but I just couldn't stand it.

Rinko's voice alone is enough to drive me insane. It's all just "heeheheeee heeeeehaaaa, ahhhhhhhh, you're pretty. Heeehhawww, ahhhhhh." The show just broke me.

That being said, I loved the animation of the show as well as the setting and premise. I really enjoyed the Lady of the Tower episode, but that's about it. Also, the way Casshern fights is awkward to me. Death by acrobatics!

The only thing that would get me back on to the show is if Rinko dies at some point. Violently.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's definitely more about the setting than the characters. I can see why people might have a problem watching it (like you). I really enjoyed it though.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Casshern Sins was "ok" id say it was pretty mediocre aside from 3-4 episodes. M3 was just....awful, i watched 11 episodes because i had nothing else to watch and i couldnt stand to go beyond that. I was hoping the personalities would improve beyond the level of manipulator and fodder but i guess thats the whole theme around the show...

Parasyte is still fuckin owning up this season tho, id say it was better than anything last season as well. Hopefully the character keeps maturing and getting a bit more jaded on the ways of the world b/c the last episode was already an 100% improvement from his previous way of behaving.

So technically not the thread for this but I've been on a horror anime kick that started with Another. Did Corpse party (also dicking around with the game) and now am watching High school of the Dead. Holy shit I've never seen so much fan service packed in to single episodes. I mean, these guys just don't wink and nod at titties, they use em as shock absorbing sniper rifle braces. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
So technically not the thread for this but I've been on a horror anime kick that started with Another. Did Corpse party (also dicking around with the game) and now am watching High school of the Dead. Holy shit I've never seen so much fan service packed in to single episodes. I mean, these guys just don't wink and nod at titties, they use em as shock absorbing sniper rifle braces. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time.
Mirai Nikki, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Elfen Lied and Gantz. Enjoy!