Fall 2015 Anime Thread

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
This season's weak, but I've found some enjoyment in it. I can watch pretty much anything though, so maybe that's part of it.

Heavy Object has turned out to be entertaining. The guy duo is awesome and holy shit their panicked ranting is hilarious.

Cavalry and Asterisk are decent for rom-com/battle shows, and the fighting is animated well. Some actual balls on the MPs.

Kagewani is still a good watch. Its not high-end animation, but its a solid monster horror movie type show for an 8 minute deal.

Shomin Sample is funny.

Subete is slow-going but seems like its going to lead up to something.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I've been getting all my anime suggestions from these threads and it seems like there's not much to watch this season except for Ukyuu!! I've tried watching Gundam, but, just never been a fan of it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
As of now, I'm only watching 3 shows this season.

Gundam
Haikyuu!
One-Punch Man

I have all of this seasons episode 1's downloaded, so I'm going to "try" all of them and see if there's anything that seems interesting. I'll let you know when I finally get a chance to do that.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
This season is very weekend heavy, more so than other seasons, all the decent shows air on fri-sunday it seems.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Asterisk War and Comet Lucifer seem like they might be decent.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Not a fantastic season, the only must-watch is Gundam and Haikyuu.

For the record, my list is Comet Lucifer, Concrete Revolution: Choujin Gensou, Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Haikyuu!! Second Season, Heavy Object, One Punch Man, Owarimonogatari, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans and Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid because why the hell not.

Still need to catch up on some pre-seasons before I watch stuff like Kindachi, Noragami or Utaware

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I binge watched SAO2 on Netflix this weekend. It's not the greatest anime but I love it nonetheless.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
I appear to have chosen a good season to get addicted to One Piece. Reception of almost everything here is uniformly tepid.

Also - wtf. Didn't know I liked non-HxH shounens.

Khane

Have you never seen Gurren Lagann? HxH is awesome. Gurren Lagann is better.

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Have you never seen Gurren Lagann? HxH is awesome. Gurren Lagann is better.
Yeah, I was too vague. Loved GL. By shounen I really meant the sprawling, 100+ episode shounens . I like a lot of the shorter ones - even a few longer ones like Kenshin - but hated Bleach after Soul Society and gave up on Naruto after like 10 episodes.

OP just about lost be a dozen times but it gets better and better.

Fadaar

That guy
This season is very weekend heavy, more so than other seasons, all the decent shows air on fri-sunday it seems.
Guess I had gotten used to last few seasons with midweek shows. This season there's only two shows from Mon-Thur that I'm watching.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One Punch Man episode 4 was fantastic. I rarely laugh out loud to anime that much.

Khane

One punch man is basically just making fun of every anime trope in existence. It's essentially that South Park episode in true anime form. That's what makes it great, but to appreciate it you have to understand that it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm definitely in the minority that think Gurren Lagann wasn't that great. Massively over the top with one of the worst endings in the history of anime.

Seriously no one can fuck up an ending like Gainax.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm definitely in the minority that think Gurren Lagann wasn't that great. Massively over the top with one of the worst endings in the history of anime.

Seriously no one can fuck up an ending like Gainax.
You can share a seat w/ me on that bus.

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Gurren Lagann isn't for everyone when taken at face value. But the anime is actually rich with symbolism, and it remains one of the best short format (27 episode) stories of all time. Quality "coming of age" stories that follow a character from adolescence to adulthood are very rare in anime and Gurren Lagann probably does it better than anyone. I'd put it in my list of must watch shows for people that have been around anime for awhile.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, just saw my first new show that wasn't my base 3 for this season. "Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru"

Really long title, but it's a show about a school kid and an engaged woman. This isn't a romance story (at least not yet it isn't), but they find animal bones together. She's really big on assembling bones back into their original shape, kind of like a museum person. Anyway, they also randomly find human bones and she solves murders. A bit convoluted of a discription, but the show was entertaining none the less.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just caught up to 1punch man, i can see why some can't get into itSO FAR. But just keep going, it'll be the best anime for Fall.