Fall 2016 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Malkav

French Madman
The planning is in.

fall2016anime1.jpg

fall2016anime2.jpg

fall2016anime3.jpg

fall2016anime4.jpg

fall2016anime5.jpg

I'm looking forward to Drifters, hoping it will be as badass as Hellsing was.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
More Haikyuu, more Hibike!, more Orphans.

I'm ok with this. Will be sad to see Re:Zero end though.

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Shit. Only show I might watch is Sangatsu no Lion. Maybe Natsume.

What a shitty looking fall.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Uh yeah, not really sure what to pick up there outside of Orphans. Probably just go by word of mouth as usual.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty pumped Ajin got picked up for a second season. First season is on Netflix, I was surprised by how good it was.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Good lord this season looks awful. Iron Blooded Orphans, Ajin, and Euphonium (I NEED MY HAPPY SHOWS DAMMIT) are my only guaranteed watches.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Is that Haikyuu a full season or just a movie/ova type thing? But Gundam: IBO, Euphonium, and Ajin should be plenty of awesome to tide me over.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Even though there's no description, I may give VIvid Strike a try. It's supposedly some kinda magical girl anime. Maybe it'll be decent like Madoka.

• 1Like

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Drifters is by the guy who made Hellsing. At the very least, it will be an over the top fun ride.

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Is this a good spot for a general anime question?

I'm one of those guys that hasn't ever been into anime but watched Attack on Titan recently and really loved it. Since then, I've started Death Note, Knights of Sidonia, and Code Geass. Death Note has been awesome so far. Code Geass I'm unsure what to think of, but seems so highly regarded I feel like I should keep going. And Knights of Sidonia feels the closest to something I want to keep watching because I'm intrigued by the world like I was with AoT.

The unique world is what really hooked me from the very start with Attack on Titan. You google or reddit search this topic you'll see a thousand other people in the exact same situation I'm in. I generally trust the Rerolled hive mind. AoT hooked me from the very start and unique world building is what I loved the most about it. Given that, suggestions?

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Code Geass takes some time to build a bit, but it gets better. You have to appreciate what separates Lelouch from everyone else in the show. He's a "good guy" but a closet villain.

Knights of Sidonia has a 2nd season which is even better.

I can recommend some that are in the same camp as the ones you've mentioned. They're more "serious" than the average stuff. All of them will have links to their wikipedia articles so you can decide for yourself.

Ajin

Mushishi

Shinsekai Yori

Darker Than Black (1st season only)

Black Lagoon

Jormungand

Claymore

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
FInally getting around to watching Mushishi myself. Pretty surreal so far.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
I'm one of those guys that hasn't ever been into anime but watched Attack on Titan recently and really loved it. Since then, I've started Death Note, Knights of Sidonia, and Code Geass. Death Note has been awesome so far. Code Geass I'm unsure what to think of, but seems so highly regarded I feel like I should keep going. And Knights of Sidonia feels the closest to something I want to keep watching because I'm intrigued by the world like I was with AoT.

The unique world is what really hooked me from the very start with Attack on Titan. You google or reddit search this topic you'll see a thousand other people in the exact same situation I'm in. I generally trust the Rerolled hive mind. AoT hooked me from the very start and unique world building is what I loved the most about it. Given that, suggestions?

Puella Magi Madoka
Fate/Zero
Here and There, Now and Then

and for something rather more lighthearted

Cyber Coil

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

I find it best to just ask ppl what are their own top creme de la creme top picks, or rather thats the best way to answer that question.

What I liked about AoT is that they made Mikasa a badass of the badasses, however she doesn't have much depth and growth.

Two animes i find that do female hero characters well is
Gai Rei Zero
12 kingdoms/Juuni Kokuki

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
It's really how intriguing the world was. I thought the world building was excellent and I was really gripped by just how strange everything was from the very beginning.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Aldnoah Zero is a good one from the last few years. The second season didn't quite live up to standard set by the first, but it was still solid. Both seasons are on Netflix. Be glad you don't have to wait to see what the fallout was from the first season finale.

If you're interested in a solid mystery style show, Erased was very good. The summary of the show caused me to skip it at first since it sounded pretty boring, but the guys posting about it here caused me to pick it up and I'm glad I did.

• 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Don't forget about

Shigurui
Ergo Proxy
Basilisk
Berserk (Golden Age movies + new series)
Hellsing Ultimate OVAs
Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners)
Mardock Scramble
Parasyte
Noein

• 1Like