Fall 2018 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slime was alright, could be fun... but only if the MC actually follows through on his last wish, lol.

Akanesasu will only be good if the show gets dark and bloody.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I read the first Goblin Slayer light novel and it was good. Trips me out that the characters are literally named Goblin Slayer, Dwarf Shaman, Priestess, High Elf Archer and so on.

Japs are weird.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
I read the first Goblin Slayer light novel and it was good. Trips me out that the characters are literally named Goblin Slayer, Dwarf Shaman, Priestess, High Elf Archer and so on.

Japs are weird.
yo! that makes following the story easy!

the first side series is about the noobie years of gobbie slaying
Read Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One Manga Online For Free

the other one is individal stories of the side-side characters
Goblin Slayer: Brand New Day

i like year one, don't really care for the other.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Slime's closing credits gave some enlightenment about the show. There's another slime character that can turn into a human and has very strong fighting skills. He/she slashes things almost with a sword, but even when attacking from slime form.

I hope it's a good ride.

Also, Overlord's season finale aired today. It was a little slow, but whatever. The final battle between Ains & the head warrior guy was a lot underwhelming, but I guess that's the point.

• 1Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
yo! that makes following the story easy!

the first side series is about the noobie years of gobbie slaying
Read Goblin Slayer: Side Story Year One Manga Online For Free

the other one is individal stories of the side-side characters
Goblin Slayer: Brand New Day

i like year one, don't really care for the other.
Brand New Day was spun off from the primary Goblin Slayer manga to get away from folks that might not like it. I read all of them because the main character is so perfectly autistic about goblins.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Kaze ge Tsuyoku Fuiteiru - My first thought is the animation looks good. This is the sports anime for this season, I guess. It's about running track. I was pretty tired while watching this last night, so it didn't keep my attention. I don't care about track either. Will probably skip unless someone says otherwise.

* Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai - This is the "Bunny girl" show that I wanted to make the thread's picture. I just watched the first episode, and it was surprisingly good. The bunny girl is actually a child TV personality that has since left the business. Ever since leaving, people have stopped seeing her. It's as if she doesn't exist at all, but this one guy does see her while she's walking around the library in a seductive bunny girl outfit that everyone else is ignoring. I liked it. I wonder what the main goal of the show is?

Sora to Umi no Aida - Fish have vanished from the ocean and now girls have to fix it in space because reasons? So they launch a group of 3 girls into space on a bet... and they had a full crew there to watch them take off. Must have cost countless millions of dollars. But the boys are sure to win this bet! What the fuck is this show? Oh, and the MC goes to this lesser space fishing school, so she's sure to suck! Just you wait and see. Fuck this.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Sora to Umi no Aida - Fish have vanished from the ocean and now girls have to fix it in space because reasons? So they launch a group of 3 girls into space on a bet... and they had a full crew there to watch them take off. Must have cost countless millions of dollars. But the boys are sure to win this bet! What the fuck is this show? Oh, and the MC goes to this lesser space fishing school, so she's sure to suck! Just you wait and see. Fuck this.

wat? i literally can't even.

think i just had an aneurysm reading this description.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
LargePosters10315-cU4jHfo1Q9AEPnFqFqtuSA74gdi.jpg

Title: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai

Genre: Animation, Comedy

Creator: Souichi Masui, Masahiro Yokotani

First aired: 2018-10-04

Overview: Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai

Puberty Syndrome—a rumored, mysterious syndrome that only affects those in their puberty. For example, a bunny girl suddenly appeared in front of Sakuta Azusagawa. The bunny girl's real identity is Mai Sakurajima, a teenage celebrity who is currently an inactive high school senior. For some reason, her charming figure does not reflect in the eyes of others. In the course of revealing the mystery behind this phenomenon, Sakuta begins to explore his feelings towards Mai. Set in a city where the skies and seas shine, Sakuta unfolds the meaning behind his bizarre encounters on women with the said syndrome.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Zombie Land Saga.... basically Baby Metal gets turned into zombies and they try to save Saga Prefecture by turning the dial past 11. Ok.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Gave both Slime and Bunny Girl a chance, both were good enough to keep watching.

Slime's closing credits gave some enlightenment about the show. There's another slime character that can turn into a human and has very strong fighting skills. He/she slashes things almost with a sword, but even when attacking from slime form.

I think that is actually the protagonist once he figures things out, not another slime.

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Bakumatsu - It's a very good looking anime. High enough quality animation. However, the story doesn't really do anything for me. There's an item that exists that allows people to control time (IE - Time travel). They go back into Japan's history. The music bothers me. Gives almost a slapstick type of vibe. This lost my interest pretty quickly.

* Zombieland Saga - Ok, there's the Babymetal type of intro. Ha, I laughed. The show doesn't really have a reason to be made, but it's fun anyway. Girls die and become zombies. Then they "awaken" and are forming an idol group. Whatever, I'll watch it again.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Some young girl is in the woods at night and finds another young girl walking around. The walking girl introduces herself as a vampire that's lost. She actually is a vampire and can fly with wings. This is a "cutie" style show, like Dragon Maid. It wasn't terrible, but not enough to interest me.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding Goblin Slayer... Wow, not even 10 minutes into the episode and we have 1 or 2 deaths and a goblin rape. This is going to be an interesting ride.

EDIT: The "Goblin Slayer" guy is really fucking dark. He fucks shit up and leaves many corpses in his wake. Plus, the somber music in the background... This show is evil. Probably what the movie Venom should have been.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regarding Goblin Slayer... Wow, not even 10 minutes into the episode and we have 1 or 2 deaths and a goblin rape. This is going to be an interesting ride.

EDIT: The "Goblin Slayer" guy is really fucking dark. He fucks shit up and leaves many corpses in his wake. Plus, the somber music in the background... This show is evil. Probably what the movie Venom should have been.
Crunchyroll had a rather good article describing Goblin Slayer (the character) as the Punisher of anime. I'm ok with that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah Goblin Slayer was brutal, rare we get anime like it these days. Will watch.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It gave me a "Berserk" kind of vibe in that regard.
_____

The 1 hour long Sword Art Online is off to a good start. We've already seen an Integrity Knight, talked a little about the Taboo Index, mentioned the Axiom Church, saw the giant cedar tree, the Blue Rose sword & Bercouli the adventurer was mentioned. I'm happy.

They did edit it a bit though. Eugeo was more connected to Alice, but this episode focused on Kirito and her connection. They also had Kirito actually able to run at the Knight, where as in the book he was scared and froze like Eugeo. Also, the whole Gun Gale Online battle scene never existed. Actually, Asuna has such a tiny presence in the Alicization story arc that she's very forgettable. I got a kick out of the farty Photon Sabers though. Very clear flatulence sound. They must have done the battle just to introduce the one big bad. The book was a lot clearer on that, especially leading up to the incident.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Currently too busy binging Index back from the start (it has been ten years after all) to catch up with the releases of the week. I'll get to them once I'm done.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Guild Girl is a bit too apprehensive in trying to inform new adventurerers that almost no noobs come back from goblin missions lol.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, yeah. She's just like "yeah, ok. Have fun then." /dead

But would you really want her to be like the guild advisor from DanMachi that actually cares about Bell and doesn't want him to get hurt?

• 1Like