Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Honestly, the Grimgar light novels are fantastic. The story is WAY more advanced than the anime. So much happens. I can't wait for the next one to come out.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The great thing about goblin slayer
is in the constrait of the subject matter, goblins. I mean just think about it, every mmo you've ever played and stories or anime on adventuring, move past these shitty level 1 mobs real quick and jump start to giants and dragons and god slaying. But no, this is the goblin show, and it's great.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
What if they're like the slightly tougher ones from Runny Eye? Or the even tougher ones from Droga?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Droga goblins were horseshit. Everything in that zone had like 3x the HP of mobs in similar zones and nearly all of them were harm touching shadowknights and healers.

Fun zone though!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Fuck I've known the new Index season has been coming for a long time and I still haven't finished season 2. Guess I'll do that this week.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Like 7 or so I am looking forward to. Hopefully this is a fun season.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Curious what this will be, will give it a shot:

Ulysses: Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi
During France's Hundred Years' War with England, Montmorency, the son of a noble, immerses himself in the study of magic and alchemy at a school for knights. However, after France's defeat at Agincourt, the school is disbanded and Montmorency is forced to flee. While on the run he meets a miraculous village girl named Jeanne.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
"Be sure to make her happy. And take care of my computer."

True bros right there.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So here's my review of all new shows that HorribleSubs have listed. These are only shows that are the first season and not continuations. IE - Episode 1 this season. This list is now complete.

Monday

* Akanesasu Shoujo - Different dimensions of the same world intersect somehow. And multiple versions of one girl meet eachother. Show seems decent enough. Fight scenes were great. I wonder what will happen?

Ken En Ken - Aoki Kagayaki - This was boring for me. Will not watch again.

* Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken - I didn't laugh or think it was funny, but it was an amusing show. It kept my interest. I'll continue watching.

Tuesday

Kaze ge Tsuyoku Fuiteiru - My first thought is the animation looks good. This is the sports anime for this season, I guess. It's about running track. I was pretty tired while watching this last night, so it didn't keep my attention. I don't care about track either. Will probably skip unless someone says otherwise.

Jingai-san no Yome – I watched a part of this, then was bored and quickly deleted it. I don’t remember exactly what it was about. It didn’t hold my attention.

Wednesday

Ore ga Suki nano wa Imouto dakedo Imouto ja Nai – So there’s an older brother that writes light novels, and his younger sister that’s a real scholar. She’s smart, he’s a dumb fuck, thus she bosses him around to get his shit together. This is going to be dirty. There’s censor marks all over everything. The guy walks past a girl in a store, and both breasts (in a shirt) are censored. And now the twist. The little sister is also a writer, and she won a book contest that the brother did horrible at.

* Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai - This is the "Bunny girl" show that I wanted to make the thread's picture. I just watched the first episode, and it was surprisingly good. The bunny girl is actually a child TV personality that has since left the business. Ever since leaving, people have stopped seeing her. It's as if she doesn't exist at all, but this one guy does see her while she's walking around the library in a seductive bunny girl outfit that everyone else is ignoring. I liked it. I wonder what the main goal of the show is?

Sora to Umi no Aida - Fish have vanished from the ocean and now girls have to fix it in space because reasons? So they launch a group of 3 girls into space on a bet... and they had a full crew there to watch them take off. Must have cost countless millions of dollars. But the boys are sure to win this bet! What the fuck is this show? Oh, and the MC goes to this lesser space fishing school, so she's sure to suck! Just you wait and see. Fuck this.

Thursday

Bakumatsu - It's a very good looking anime. High enough quality animation. However, the story doesn't really do anything for me. There's an item that exists that allows people to control time (IE - Time travel). They go back into Japan's history. The music bothers me. Gives almost a slapstick type of vibe. This lost my interest pretty quickly.

Conception - Ok... as the name implies, this is sexually charged. Guy moves in with his relatives to go to a school, and they have a daughter his age. He meets up with her on a rooftop and she's like "Yeah, I'm pregnant". It doesn't seem like they fuck, just that they're playful (not flirty, legit playful) to one another. She's like "Yeah, I should probably tell you who the father is. It's important", then the sky opens and they're both abducted by aliens. I don't really know what's going on.

Merc Storia - Mukiryoku Shounen to Bin no Naka no Shoujo - So this anime seems to be about adventurers or something. A guy is an adventurer while his family stays home. He brings them presents and leaves again. His son gets a jar of water that becomes a water nymph type of thing. The animation sucks. The story wasn't terrible, but it's aimed at children. I didn't have any draw toward this show.

* Zombieland Saga - Ok, there's the Babymetal type of intro. Ha, I laughed. The show doesn't really have a reason to be made, but it's fun anyway. Girls die and become zombies. Then they "awaken" and are forming an idol group. Whatever, I'll watch it again.

Friday

Beelzebub-jou no Okinimesu mama - I'm not even going to describe this horse shit. Let's just say "ugh" and move on.

Dakaretai Otoko 1-i ni Odosarete Imasu - Some magazine says this guy is #1 "man you want to be hugged by" and he has been for 5 years in a row, but only #2 this year. He's an actor that's ruthless with his decisions, always to advance himself. What the fuck, suddenly it's a gay anime? Ok, I'm out.

Gakuen Basara – The setting is a private school. This is a Capcom anime, so probably game related. They’re battling over who uses the baseball field first. Soccer or Baseball. They’ll decide over a game of kickball that they never actually play because too busy arguing. Also, flying suits of armor that give out small letters. Also a war to see who’s class president. It’s strange, and isn’t really my thing. I’m done.

* Hinomaru Sumo - Get this, it’s a show about Sumo Wrestling. Yeah yeah... it opens up with a crowded train where a creepy old guy is rubbing himself of the back of a scared school girl. The show is silly, but I like something about it. Maybe it’s just that the subject is Sumo, but it’s decent. I’ll give it another episode or two.

* Irozuku Sekai no Ashite kara - Girl had an experience and now sees the world in black & white. It’s set in a slight future. Technology is more advanced than ours. Hologram phones and shit. There’s also magic in this world. And then the MC goes back in time 60 years to... 2018. Ok, it’s no longer set in the future. Something about it kept my attention. I’ll keep watching for now.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Takes place in Italy. Really fucking strange. Supernatural between two people. I don't really understand what's going on, except the two MC's fight a lot and boring.

Kishuku Gakkou no Juliet - It's a boarding school where the two big factions hate eachother and do battle. But the heads of each faction actually love each other. And their names are Romeo & Juliet. Aww... It's a cute show, but I'm not interested in it.

Kitsune no Koe - Chinese anime. Hasn't aired yet.

Tonari no Kyuuketsuki-san - Some young girl is in the woods at night and finds another young girl walking around. The walking girl introduces herself as a vampire that's lost. She actually is a vampire and can fly with wings. This is a "cutie" style show, like Dragon Maid. It wasn't terrible, but not enough to interest me.

Uchi no Maid ga Uzasugiru! - Ex military woman is now a maid. The host’s evil daughter doesn’t stand a chance. I didn’t hate it, but I don’t really know what to think. I’m sure a bunch of you would enjoy it. I’m up in the air though. I’ll try next week and see.

Yagate Kimi ni Naru - Another high school show. It’s the start of a new school year, and everyone is choosing their school clubs. This story focuses on a bunch of girls talking about boys they like and shit like that. The MC’s one friend is in the Basketball club (to be close to the guys), and I don’t remember the other’s club. The MC can’t choose, so the teacher suggest trying student council. ...And now it’s a lesbian drama. Beautiful art & colors (similar to Grimgar).

Saturday

* Goblin Slayer - Wow, not even 10 minutes into the episode and we have 1 or 2 deaths and a goblin rape. This is going to be an interesting ride. The "Goblin Slayer" guy is really fucking dark. He fucks shit up and leaves many corpses in his wake. Plus, the somber music in the background... This show is evil. Probably what the movie Venom should have been. I'm digging it.

Radiant - Some magic kid in training. Opening for this show makes it feel like the new Naruto. I get the feeling that it'll be 60+ episodes, but let me watch the first and get a better understanding... Ok, this show is shit. I probably would have watched it 15-20 years ago, but it sucked for me now.

Release the Spyce - A group of girls (like 13-15) are high-tech robbers. They’re about to get caught, so they eat spice. One has a mint leaf, another a twig of cinnaman... Suddenly they gain super human fighting ability. This is just dumb. Shut off and pass.

* SSSS.Gridman - There are Pacific Rim style monsters and this one kid that merges with a giant robot to fight them. They destroy most of the city, yet in the morning it all seems back to normal. This one kid forgets everything that happened to him, so 2 other school kids are helping him. They witness him becoming this “Gridman” robot.

Sunday

* Anima Yell! - Anime Cheerleaders. The MC girl says chair instead of cheer. It was a surprisingly decent show. Maybe it's like Pretty Derby. A show that looks stupid on the outside, but is actually good. I'll keep watching for now.

Gaikotsu Shoten'in Honda-san - 11 minute "horror" story. These are always dull to me.

Himote House - The animation in this show REALLY bothers me. It reminds me of those animated children songs youtube videos. (my daughter watched them when young). The movement doesn’t seem to go with what’s actually happening. It’s a 12 minute show, but I can’t get over how terrible it looks. Pass.

Ulysses - Jeanne d'Arc to Renkin no Kishi - There’s a 100 year war going on between some country and England. There’s a school with people that will have to fight in the war soon, including a royal person that will have to lead others. He’s too busy thinking about Alchemy and the Philosophers Stone to focus on the war though. He’s going to save everyone instead of killing all of the enemy. I don’t care at all.

* = continue to watch

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you all getting these shows (the ones you've watched so far) from subgroups? Not seeing them on Crunchyroll at the moment.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Are you all getting these shows (the ones you've watched so far) from subgroups? Not seeing them on Crunchyroll at the moment.
If they're not on crunchyroll it usually means they'll be slow to do takedowns. I literally googled the full title of the Slime anime, narrowed to Past Week videos, and found a HD subbed on youtube. Still up too.

• 1Like