Well god damn was goblin slayer dark.

I wasn't ready for it lol

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Haha, yeah. She's just like "yeah, ok. Have fun then." /dead

But would you really want her to be like the guild advisor from DanMachi that actually cares about Bell and doesn't want him to get hurt?

Gotta feed meat into the grinder. Send enough chumps to a goblin mission and they eventually kill them all amirite!?

SAO was interesting and that show is hilarious. First SAO there's a jerry rigged brain interface VR that a magalomaniac designs to actually kill you if you die and make you comatose while you play the game. Kirito saves the day and they make a new interface. The new VR machine only rapes your memories though, totally superior technology we fixed it ok?

But dragons must be slain so we continue using it. I love it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
SAO was interesting and that show is hilarious. First SAO there's a jerry rigged brain interface VR that a magalomaniac designs to actually kill you if you die and make you comatose while you play the game. Kirito saves the day and they make a new interface. The new VR machine only rapes your memories though, totally superior technology we fixed it ok?

But dragons must be slain so we continue using it. I love it.

Seems legit. If playing WoW had a minor chance of causing literal cancer, I suspect that a large proportion of the playerbase would just shrug ;p

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Holy fuckin shit! Goblin Slayer may be the best 1st episode in the history of anime! I mean goddamn that rocked!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, Goblin Slayer was fantastic.

On the other hand, I was mostly bored by the first episode of SAO. Will give it a couple more episodes to catch my interest.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah, Goblin Slayer was fantastic.

On the other hand, I was mostly bored by the first episode of SAO. Will give it a couple more episodes to catch my interest.

Ya...it was way too slow. They relying on us being amazed about Kirito and crew being back. I am interested in the new world they will be in. That knight gave no fucks.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Welp I can check off goblin rape as something no longer limited to hentai

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Goblin Slayer art style looked familiar , same studio that did akame ga kill, which make sense since it's the studio that does licensed square stuff, yea this is the same company that releases final fantasy!

• 1Like

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
Holy shit! Goblin Slayer is the fucking Dark Souls of the anime world. Fucking brutal in every sense of the word.

• 2Like

Funkor

Molten Core Raider
ZVy1FTR.jpg

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
Someone needs to make a game based on Goblin Slayer that is as brutal. I would play the shit out of it.

Also makes me want to run a mean DnD campaign.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Golden Kamuy
Golden Kamuy is back with a WTF episode right out the gate. LOL at Edogai, the shit they come up with. Good shit nonetheless, glad to have it back.

Thunderbolt Fantasy First 2 ep
Great start but definitely not up to the quality of first season. There were a lot more interesting characters last time around. Of course Engimatic Gale is up to his usual tricks. Can't wait till his plans come into fruition. Of course Shang Bu got poisoned so it sounds like he will probably be crippled to reset his uber swordsmanship. I laughed when Shang shuddered thinking about taking the scroll to EG.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Checking out a few this season :

Goblin Slayer - good, will watch. Slayer taking the priestess with him probably counts somewhere between reckless endangerment and manslaughter though. Obviously the adventurer's guild staff aren't paid on commission - it's like a bunch of women's studies majors showing in Syria up to fight ISIS with their self-defense skills and the army going 'sure, you seem to be a legit PMC, go for it'.

Derrida - I liked this one, nice art, interesting story, characters not too annoying, good action. That cryostasis machine has to have the worst UI in the history of user interfaces though - if it electrocuted you and told you to go fuck yourself when you touched it, it'd be a significant improvement. I got a laugh out of the callback to that in ep2. Will watch.

Reincarnated as a Slime - I was a bit iffy on ep1,it spend a lot of time flashing skill screens and explaining stuff in a droning monotone. Second episode was considerably more fun - I lol'ed at the spider skills. Will watch.

Girl in Twilight - ah, modern feminism Japan style - 'You can't just marry me off at 17 ! It's immoral and unethical and... oh wow he's so hot. Wait, what was I saying again ?'. First two eps of this one haven't been too bad, I'm undecided though, will give it a few more to see where it goes.

SAO - zzzzz, I will probably watch this anyway, even though SAO has never lived up to the potential of it's first four episodes.

Index - Amusing, it may be a translation thing, or did the last 2 minutes or so make absolutely no sense on any level ? ( From the park meeting onwards ). Touma spotting Railgun and then trying to nope right out was funny ;p

Irodoku - by far the prettiest one I've seen this season. Story seems original, and interests me so far, but I'd probably watch it for the art alone. The family's almost complete lack of reaction amused me - 'Hi, your granddaughter sent me back in time 60 years against my will because she was sick of me moping about', 'Yeah, that sounds like her'.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Checking out a few this season :

Goblin Slayer - good, will watch. Slayer taking the priestess with him probably counts somewhere between reckless endangerment and manslaughter though. Obviously the adventurer's guild staff aren't paid on commission - it's like a bunch of women's studies majors showing in Syria up to fight ISIS with their self-defense skills and the army going 'sure, you seem to be a legit PMC, go for it'.

Derrida - I liked this one, nice art, interesting story, characters not too annoying, good action. That cryostasis machine has to have the worst UI in the history of user interfaces though - if it electrocuted you and told you to go fuck yourself when you touched it, it'd be a significant improvement. I got a laugh out of the callback to that in ep2. Will watch.

Reincarnated as a Slime - I was a bit iffy on ep1,it spend a lot of time flashing skill screens and explaining stuff in a droning monotone. Second episode was considerably more fun - I lol'ed at the spider skills. Will watch.

Girl in Twilight - ah, modern feminism Japan style - 'You can't just marry me off at 17 ! It's immoral and unethical and... oh wow he's so hot. Wait, what was I saying again ?'. First two eps of this one haven't been too bad, I'm undecided though, will give it a few more to see where it goes.

SAO - zzzzz, I will probably watch this anyway, even though SAO has never lived up to the potential of it's first four episodes.

Index - Amusing, it may be a translation thing, or did the last 2 minutes or so make absolutely no sense on any level ? ( From the park meeting onwards ). Touma spotting Railgun and then trying to nope right out was funny ;p

Irodoku - by far the prettiest one I've seen this season. Story seems original, and interests me so far, but I'd probably watch it for the art alone. The family's almost complete lack of reaction amused me - 'Hi, your granddaughter sent me back in time 60 years against my will because she was sick of me moping about', 'Yeah, that sounds like her'.

Never even heard of Derrida. Trailer looks good. Will watch.

Girl in Twilight....Hard pass.

SAO...That 1st season, the whole thing was awesome to me. HxH ant/bug arch, and the 1st season of SAO are my favs in anime.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So here's my review of all new shows that HorribleSubs have listed. These are only shows that are the first season and not continuations. IE - Episode 1 this season. This list is now complete. Feel free to read it if any of you care.

Click on the little arrow next to my name in the quote to see the list.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm watching all of Index before I dive into the new season. Liking it so far. Definite loli action to the max.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

gobs are newbie quests, gobs is what she SHOULD be after.

• 1Like