Fall 2020 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't really watched much Anime in a long time, but last couple weeks I've been binging some stuff. I watched Goblin Slayer season 1, but I guess that got cancelled or something? Then I watched the first 2 seasons of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon. I've liked both of those so far. Is that D&D type Anime a popular thing now or something? Are there any other good ones in that genre? I am currently 2 seasons into My Hero Academia. Also enjoying that so far.
Another great show that only had 1 season (and now it's gone due to hyper sensitive SJW's & writer having a disease) is No Game No Life. That had a movie also, but it was almost not related. It just tells the story of how the world became the No Game No Life world.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also, check out Ajin. It's 2 seasons long, and that show is badass as shit. You "almost" get a 9/11 scene too. It rules.

Oh yeah, One Punch Man also. That's 2 seasons long, and it's quality stuff. Very easy to get into.

Last one, My Hero Academia. It's like 40 episodes long now, and that show is fucking awesome. Just a school to become a hero. Really good shit.

Ok, I miss-spoke. Also give Demon Hunter a shot. It's from a season or two ago, and it's really good. There's one episode in particular, that transcended the Anime wall to normal people, and EVERYONE loved that shit.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
early 2010s had a slew of violent anime horror
another
shiki
higurashi
mira nikki
corpse party

actually a new higurashi is airing now (as always i'm waiting till it finishes to binge)

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Last one, My Hero Academia. It's like 40 episodes long now, and that show is fucking awesome. Just a school to become a hero. Really good shit.
Yeah I got a free month of Hulu and I've been binging this. I just started season 4.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
detroit smash is almost literally

detroito smashu
Yeah Japanese is funny that way. I took a couple of years in high school and I remember all the janky English words. I end up watching dubs most of the time though.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yeah Japanese is funny that way. I took a couple of years in high school and I remember all the janky English words. I end up watching dubs most of the time though.
youre dead to me

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
DanMachi was fantastic this week. I'm really looking forward to the big conclusion of this season.

Regarding DanMachi, though... The guy that voices Bell is just killing it.
He's been the voice of Bell (DanMachi), Sora (No Game No Life), Kirito (Sword Art Online), Soma (Shokugeki no Soma), and countless others. He's a beast.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
DanMachi was fantastic this week. I'm really looking forward to the big conclusion of this season.

Regarding DanMachi, though... The guy that voices Bell is just killing it.
He's been the voice of Bell (DanMachi), Sora (No Game No Life), Kirito (Sword Art Online), Soma (Shokugeki no Soma), and countless others. He's a beast.

1606181015311.png

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Really liking Journey of Elaina so far. Nice and interesting diversion from what other stuff I'm watching.

Also.......

Soon...

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cool beans; Log Horizon had probably one of the best first seasons ever, and then fell off kind of hard on the second by taking the focus away from characters we care about for large chunks of most episodes. If it comes back and we get more Naogutsu, Akatsuki and Shiroe? Great. If it's more B-team, I will still watch but likely put it away for good after.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I wonder if the Author of that series is finally done with all his legal problems. I don't care enough to search into it, but that's one of the reasons the series was on a many year hiatus.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Didn't the show swap studios from the 1st to 2nd season and that was the reason for the quality drop? Which studio is doing the 3rd?

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Didn't the show swap studios from the 1st to 2nd season and that was the reason for the quality drop? Which studio is doing the 3rd?
Deen did the 2nd season and will do the third as well. It will be only 1 cour, though.

I wonder if the Author of that series is finally done with all his legal problems.
He started writing again and I think the WN scripts are up to volume 16 now. Official releases are at volume 11, with 12 and the side story volume delayed for more than a year. The latter had a release date of September 2019, but now has a new release date of January 13th. Rumors are that volume 12 will come out alongside it or shortly after.

I guess this is to build up hype again for the franchise after the long hiatus, since the anime will start January 13th as well. No more living in the database, though: It will get a new OP song.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Deen did the 2nd season and will do the third as well. It will be only 1 cour, though.

He started writing again and I think the WN scripts are up to volume 16 now. Official releases are at volume 11, with 12 and the side story volume delayed for more than a year. The latter had a release date of September 2019, but now has a new release date of January 13th. Rumors are that volume 12 will come out alongside it or shortly after.

I guess this is to build up hype again for the franchise after the long hiatus, since the anime will start January 13th as well. No more living in the database, though: It will get a new OP song.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Database is a staple!

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
God damn. Journey of Elaina.....you know it's gonna be good with the episode starts out with this:

4af8c9c18339a7dc999156d313d5fedef7d78605f78b19e9faf482f05046d81a.png

d279a228cd6c93b8d84dfa001d39ff0fa7a8c5120317e83f363c54de3b4bbab3.png