Fall 2020 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding the latest Jujutsu Kaisen, holy shit was that fight sequence awesome. Incredible animation. I loved it. I just wish that it also had the quality of music from Demon Slayer. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So I have watched some of Is it wrong to try to fuck chicks in a dungeon or whatever you guys shorten it down too and Nobelles, both are decent but really feel like the pacing is way off an rushed. I guess it was the same problem with God of Highschool or whatever.

Anyone more familiar with these two shows know if we're missing a large chunk in them?

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Noblesse is staying pretty close to the manhua. They won't be scratching too much of the story this season, but you can expect at least a few good fights. The manhua has been over for a while if you want to hit it up. It is a good read.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So I have watched some of Is it wrong to try to fuck chicks in a dungeon or whatever you guys shorten it down too and Nobelles, both are decent but really feel like the pacing is way off an rushed. I guess it was the same problem with God of Highschool or whatever.

Anyone more familiar with these two shows know if we're missing a large chunk in them?
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? The very first season called the show Danmachi, so it was easy to remember.

The 2nd season was extremely rushed. Third season is going at a normal pace, so I don't know. That's how the author wrote the story.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Noblesse had an OAV like... 5 years ago? Anyway it was the event with the coffin everyone is currently trying to "research" in the show and has a lot more background info.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Rai was in the coffin. I forget the exact sequence of events, but M-21 and M-24 were guarding it. I forget whether Rai woke up on his own or if Frankenstein woke him up, but if you read the first few chapters on webtoon you'll zoom to where the anime starts up pretty quickly. Good story, lots of action if you like that sort of thing. Lots and lots of ramen.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I'm glad Kakashi found a job after being type casted in Naruto.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Rai was in the coffin. I forget the exact sequence of events, but M-21 and M-24 were guarding it. I forget whether Rai woke up on his own or if Frankenstein woke him up, but if you read the first few chapters on webtoon you'll zoom to where the anime starts up pretty quickly. Good story, lots of action if you like that sort of thing. Lots and lots of ramen.

Yea, it's called Noblesse:Awakening for anyone who wants to watch it to get that background info.

Anime release schedules are so weird. They released that OVA almost 5 years before the first season of the anime actually came out.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Me last week: Haven't watched anime in a while, lets check out some of the new season. This can't possible go wrong...

Also me:
wentwrong.png

Guess I should've started with Haikyuu?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse

As moonarchia moonarchia has mentioned, it does stay pretty close to the webtoon. It is obviously rushed, but, no where near as bad as God of High School. What an abomination that was. :(

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Danmachi Season 1 was great, Sword Oratoria and season 2 were mediocre, and season 3 is good so far, but not as good as season 1. I watched the OVA for Noblesse back when it first aired and thought it was ok. Watched the first episode of this season and haven't bothered watching any more. I'll probably get around to it later.

Started watching Akudama Drive, and at 3 episodes in I'm liking it. Cyberpunkish setting, which is a nice change of pace.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Danmachi Season 1 was great, Sword Oratoria and season 2 were mediocre, and season 3 is good so far, but not as good as season 1. I watched the OVA for Noblesse back when it first aired and thought it was ok. Watched the first episode of this season and haven't bothered watching any more. I'll probably get around to it later.

Started watching Akudama Drive, and at 3 episodes in I'm liking it. Cyberpunkish setting, which is a nice change of pace.

I've only watched the first episode of Akudama Drive, but I got some good laughs, the super villains are so ridiculously over the top that it makes the Fast and Furious movies look like a science documentary.

There is also clearly no possible way in which the heroine's "plan" can go wrong ;p

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've only watched the first episode of Akudama Drive, but I got some good laughs, the super villains are so ridiculously over the top that it makes the Fast and Furious movies look like a science documentary.

There is also clearly no possible way in which the heroine's "plan" can go wrong ;p

Yep, it's ridiculous in a good way.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I haven't really watched much Anime in a long time, but last couple weeks I've been binging some stuff. I watched Goblin Slayer season 1, but I guess that got cancelled or something? Then I watched the first 2 seasons of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon. I've liked both of those so far. Is that D&D type Anime a popular thing now or something? Are there any other good ones in that genre? I am currently 2 seasons into My Hero Academia. Also enjoying that so far.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I haven't really watched much Anime in a long time, but last couple weeks I've been binging some stuff. I watched Goblin Slayer season 1, but I guess that got cancelled or something? Then I watched the first 2 seasons of Is it Wrong to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon. I've liked both of those so far. Is that D&D type Anime a popular thing now or something? Are there any other good ones in that genre? I am currently 2 seasons into My Hero Academia. Also enjoying that so far.

Fantasy stuff is pretty popular, though a lot of it is isekai (reincarnated into another world). If you want to give that a try I would suggest trying Grimgar of Fantasy of Ash, Rising of the Shield Hero, Konosuba, and Re:Zero.

Grimgar is barely an isekai as that's just the setup and the characters start forgetting their old lives. It follows a party of noobs that start off barely able to kill a single goblin. Only 12 episodes, It really needs a second season.

Shield Hero is one of 4 heroes summoned to save the world, but the country that summoned them hates him and sets him up to fail. The other 3 get lots of help but he's got to figure shit out on his own. 1 25 episode season with a 2nd season coming someday.

Konosuba is fucking hilarious and lampoons isekai in general. Loser dies in a stupid way and ends up with a party of misfits. 2 11 episode seasons and a movie.

Re:Zero has a loser who can die over and over again and essentially goes back to a save point when he does. Subaru can be pretty insufferable to start off with, but stick with it and he actually has character growth. Plus watching him suffer and die over and over is entertaining. 1.5 seasons so far, with the second half of season 2 expected next year. Also 2 movies in between seasons.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I watched Goblin Slayer season 1, but I guess that got cancelled or something?
Most of the anime these days are primary advertising tools for the source material (manga or light novels) and merchandise. Only a few that are really popular get second seasons (or two cours).

Goblin Slayer has both a LN and manga adaptation. There is a Goblin Slayer movie (Goblin's Crown) though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Got around to watching Dorohedoro on Netflix. Fucking loved it. I'm a sucker for weird violent stuff like this. Mardock Scramble is another that comes to mind and fits this profile. Do you guys have any other recommendations ?