Fall 2021 Anime Thread

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Sure, he was traumatized as a teen(?), and then became a hardcore incel. He has had no emotional growth at all during all the time, so yea, his growth was retarded. All that aside, this episode sucked, mainly due to the ending which is very wtf considering what happens next (based off the manga):

Rudy does absolutely NOTHING to find his mother, he spends 4yrs wandering around adventuring and being depressed due to ED, before going to some magical university to supposedly better himself... and he does nothing at all there to better himself...except get rid of is ED by banging a certain someone. The manga hasn't finished with that arc yet, so I don't know if anything changes, but so far its pretty meh overall. As for Eris? She has her shit together and is training hard. Anyway, I hope this University arc doesn't last more than a season.

Paladin hasn't really improved throughout the season, or rather since Will set out on his own, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, so I still think its one of the better shows. I still enjoy every episode of World Trigger even though it really hasn't progressed much, its been a solid series, imo. I'll binge watch Ranking of Kings due to all the love people have been showing, hope its really good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Paladin hasn't really improved throughout the season, or rather since Will set out on his own, but it certainly hasn't gotten worse, so I still think its one of the better shows. I still enjoy every episode of World Trigger even though it really hasn't progressed much, its been a solid series, imo. I'll binge watch Ranking of Kings due to all the love people have been showing, hope its really good.
Paladin is definitely a solid wholesome show. It’s not stellar, but there’s also nothing to hate. Kicked from the hero’s party is similar. Pretty feel good and similar in that there’s not much to hate. Safe shows in a season of general turds otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wow. Ranking of Kings is really good. I should have watched this sooner.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wow. Ranking of Kings is really good. I should have watched this sooner.
Show of the season. Episode 1 makes you think the show will be something else, but if you can make it through episode 2 without feelings you're probably a monster.

Finished up Takt Op. Destiny. Solid show that isn't getting much mention here. Good animation, decent story, and kinda quirky. In a way it reminds me of vivy, but it falls short in most ways. Not saying that like its a bad thing, Vivy is awesome.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I really love how Ranking of Kings has the appearance of a stereotypical Disney type fantasy. Yet, every character is subverted in clever ways. There's just more to everything than the wicked stepmother, the heroic father, and the asshole younger half-brother. Both the heroes and villains are not what they seem. They all have depth a lot of it is unexpected. The animation is just top notch and atypical for anime as well.

They pull all of this off with a MC that can't even talk and just makes deaf kid sounds.

It's amazing. Really a must watch.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lots of Isekai continuations coming up!

Overlord, Bofuri (MAPLE!), Saga Tanya the Evil , Goblin Slayer, Shield Hero, Misfit of Demon Academy, Kuma Kuma Bear, Danmachi (BELL SAMA!), Isekai Quartet movie, SAO Progressive 2 Movie.

And the most shocking to me:

Devil is a Part Timer S2. We going back to Inta Isla?

Overlord, Shield Hero and Goblin Slayer...Pretty god damn stoked.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Midnight last night: Let me start Ranking of kings before hitting the hay.

3 AM: Fuck me.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
best show this season tied with 86, but the later pisses me off cause it's every other week now.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I was the same. Pretty great show, best of the new shows this season.

Yeah, great show. None of the characters are what you think at first, except maybe the shadow's 'step-dad'.

Fuck that guy, he got what he deserved ;p

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Pretty solid episode for Assassin. I like how they planned that fight. And watch the after credits. It shows more of the story that you should know.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Another cliffhanger of pure pain for 86.

I read next episode is in FUCKING MARCH!!!

• 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well they really aren't wasting any time in Demon Slayer, I wonder if this fight is gonna take up most of the rest of the season or if they'll fight Upper Six more than once.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ranking of Kings is pretty great, watched the latest episode and I'm glad this series will be 25 episodes.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Ranking of Kings is pretty great, watched the latest episode and I'm glad this series will be 25 episodes.
Yeah, fuck you guys for making me get into this show. So great. Just makes me want more.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll have to give it a try again. I didn't like the first episode at all which really pulled me away, but I'll try once more.

EDIT: Looks like there's 23 episodes total for season 1, so it's going to continue through the Winter season.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He doesn't have the mentality of a 46 year are even a 34 year old he acts just like I would expect a twelve year old to act.

I suspect he maybe mentally retarded.
no, he was a 34yr old neet, for japs that means the year that turned into a neet is how old he is mentally b/c it's impossible to advance as a person once youre a neet, b/c if youre just a stay at home freeloader or a 7/11 clerk, youre not really a person.

think back to the first eps, he was such a human waste that he skipped out on his mom/dad funeral

thats actually 100x worse than what this dumb bitch did
INSG.png