Fall 2022 Anime Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury

Genre: Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2022-10-02

Cast: Kana Ichinose, Lynn, Yohei Azakami, Natsuki Hanae, Makoto Furukawa, Yume Miyamoto, Miyu Tomita

Overview: In an era when a multitude of corporations have entered space and built a huge economic system, Suletta Mercury, from the remote planet Mercury, transfers to the Asticassia School of Technology run by the Beneritt Group, which dominates the mobile suit industry.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
fall-2022.jpg

Ok, I had to make the thread image the new Gundam series, because Gundam is greatness. And god damn, look at that animation quality (compared to older Gundam series). That just looks incredible without actually showing anything. Ok, it showed that it's a girl MC, but... it's Gundam, so I'll give it a pass.

As for this season... Ok, lots going on.

I'm still all about Isekai, so the first row of shows had Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita. I don't know anything about it, but sure.
New season of My Hero Academia. Good shit.
the one with the Christmas tree is probably going to be slice of life.
Noumin Kanren no Skill Bakka Agetetara Nazeka Tsuyoku Natta (2nd row, far right) is another Isekai. Dude wants to be a real life farmer, but he has game states and somehow maxes them out and becomes a hero. Dunno, but whatever. I'll give it a shot.
Then next row far left is another Isekai. Followed by season 2 of Spy x Family.
Berzerk!!!
Next row has Gundam followed by another Isekai.
I keep reading the brief synopses displayed, and I just want to watch so many of these shows.

Amod Amod Please change thread title to Fall 2022 Anime Thread

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
On the one hand, I want to be excited about MHA S6, Uzaki-Chan S2, Spy x Family S2, Jujutsu Kaisen movie, and Slime movie all in one season but it's hard to get enthusiastic when I think of someone who will watch literally any garbage classified as anime but won't watch Kaguya.

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i thought bleach supposed to come back

*edit also what is taking Amod Amod so long?

Last edited:

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
And I thought it was an actual season of Sword Art Online progressive. It turns out that it's a 2nd movie. It was originally going to come out on the 10th of this month, but it was changed to the end of next month. I'm down.

Teaser trailer 1.

Official trailer 2.

Official trailer 3.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
Is that SAO a reboot or a continuation? I never followed it after the first story arc because I didn't like that Elf World stuff and sudden sister lusting shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is that SAO a reboot or a continuation? I never followed it after the first story arc because I didn't like that Elf World stuff and sudden sister lusting shit.

The Progressive LNs are a retelling of the Aincrad arc from Asuna's POV instead of Kirito, the movies could be called a very soft reboot since I think the events progress slightly differently.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This isn't until next year, but I'm already on the hype train. Solo Leveling was such a good novel, that I can't wait to see it animated.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This isn't until next year, but I'm already on the hype train. Solo Leveling was such a good novel, that I can't wait to see it animated.
So where did the novel actually end? Not sure how far I got through it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
So where did the novel actually end? Not sure how far I got through it.
The novel did more than the manga. People complained, so they're extending the manga from the original end to cover everything else.

He eventually defeats all of the "rulers" or whatever you wanna call them. One by one. The Dragon God was probably the hardest of the god people, but then it gets to the monarchs. They are the real key players that were controlling things behind the scenes. That freeze elf guy that went after the awakened commander guy was one of the monarchs. He ends up defeating the monarchs as well. And he has a son with the rank S hunter, Cha-Hein. The son also has the same powers as the dad, so he always has Beru (the #1 Ant general) to play with. There's more shit, but I forget all the extra stuff. I'll re-read the novels again at some point, because I liked them.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ohh... Lots of good shit coming next year. Solo Leveling, and season 2 Mushoku Tensei. It looks like the animation quality took a hit, but I still really like the show, so I'll keep with it.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Ohh... Lots of good shit coming next year. Solo Leveling, and season 2 Mushoku Tensei. It looks like the animation quality took a hit, but I still really like the show, so I'll keep with it.

season 3 but yeah

edit: oh, guess the first two cours were considered 1 season. nevermind.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Yeah, the first had 1 season then later on an extension of that season. I guess all the episodes weren't ready to make it a longer running season.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Mushoku Tensei is back? Hot damn!

Tensei Shitara Ken Deshita is going to be fucking awesome. Great manga.
Noumin Kanren.... - The farming one too, fuck if I am typing out that whole name.
MSG is always a good time. Brain off, mecha on.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database