Fall 2023 Anime Thread

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I did just check this just to laugh at the absurdity of the "pacing" in One Piece. Its always been bad but its gotten exponentially worse in every arc since Dressrosa.

Luffy starts fighting Kaido in Episode 914. The fight doesn't end until Episode 1077. 163 episodes for the "final fight".

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I did just check this just to laugh at the absurdity of the "pacing" in One Piece. Its always been bad but its gotten exponentially worse in every arc since Dressrosa.

Luffy starts fighting Kaido in Episode 914. The fight doesn't end until Episode 1077. 163 episodes for the "final fight".

Thats not how that happened at all. Luffy lost and was in jail so youre leaving out quite a bit here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
JJK has been a fucking delight
I would have agreed with you prior to the latest episode. While I've been very forgiving of the animation style so far, this latest episode as just bad. Insultingly bad, imo. The story is great, and I'm glad we're getting to Sakuna in action.... but damn, I wish whatever team did the previous season had done that fight.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would have agreed with you prior to the latest episode. While I've been very forgiving of the animation style so far, this latest episode as just bad. Insultingly bad, imo. The story is great, and I'm glad we're getting to Sakuna in action.... but damn, I wish whatever team did the previous season had done that fight.
Takes like these are why I keep coming back here.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Takes like these are why I keep coming back here.
What is your issue with my dislike of that episodes shitty animation? Did you think it was superb? Or, perhaps, you didn't quite understand what I wrote?

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What is your issue with my dislike of that episodes shitty animation? Did you think it was superb? Or, perhaps, you didn't quite understand what I wrote?
You saying the episode had shitty animation is objectively a bad take. The amount of unique hand drawn scenes, changing perspectives, amazing effects. There's only so much time and budget for a season. Of course a lot of the keyframes get lower quality when you have that much dynamic action at hand.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You saying the episode had shitty animation is objectively a bad take. The amount of unique hand drawn scenes, changing perspectives, amazing effects. There's only so much time and budget for a season. Of course a lot of the keyframes get lower quality when you have that much dynamic action at hand.
Odd. The animation is subjectively bad, regardless of the skill/work involved in its making. It looked bad, imo, especially compared to the previous seasons animation...which I'd guess involved just as much or more skill/work.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I read that they were only given 6 months to do 2 years worth of work. These episodes are being slaved over right up to the last minute, every broadcast.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
That would make sense. And if you can't understand why some of us are ragging on JJK animation quality just go back and re-watch any fight scene in season 1 and compare it to season 2.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read that they were only given 6 months to do 2 years worth of work. These episodes are being slaved over right up to the last minute, every broadcast.
Any reason the shortened time? I'd think JJK was/is popular enough that giving the studio all the time they needed/wanted would be justified.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Probably because when an IP is hot sitting on your dick 2-3 years per season to draw it +gooder isn’t a good financial decision.

Not that I wouldn’t want higher quality but depends on at what expense. Plus story will always trump animation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Publishing a tv show before finishing the animation is common in Japan. Lots of shows will get their animation upgraded after the fact. I know I’ve ragged on shows for using excessive placeholder animation in the past, but that’s only the most extreme and obvious form of unfinished animation.

Id rather they waited until it was good to go, but it’s a Japanese culture thing where they don’t like doing that. For jjk in particular I have no idea if they’ll improve things after the fact or to what extent, but the quality is definitely lower.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Any reason the shortened time? I'd think JJK was/is popular enough that giving the studio all the time they needed/wanted would be justified.
MAPPA is the like company from Zom 100:Bucket List of the Dead

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I might have to break down a go ahead and read the JJK manga. Is the series still going or have they finished. I know Demon Slayer I had to just go ahead and finish that shit since waiting until 2053 isn’t really appealing.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Another Frieren, another stab to the feels.

I did find out what is going on with Kenshin. Apparently the author put out this interstitial story back in 2011 to explain what he was doing between his hitokiri days and meeting Kaoru. Oh well. Looks like they will end with this for Fall season. Just means they will open with straight up fire for the next season.

Edit: I should have waited until the end of the episode. They wrapped that shit up fast. Saitoh next ep. /wood

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users