Fall 2023 Anime Thread

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Frieren is too much for me to keep waiting another week. Supposedly there will be 28 episodes.

I think our Frieren may just be playing matchmaker a bit between Fern and Stark as they are her connection to her friends that have passed (Eisen is alive yet but older now). She was just way to happy about the 18th Birthday.. Flamme probably had something to do with that I'm sure though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
I see up to chapter 117.

Yea this last episode covered chapter 25 and 26. Read up to chapter 60 so far....i hope we get multiple seasons of this because it deserves it when so much trash gets multiple that doesn't deserve it.

• 3Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Oh man, this week's episode of Overtake was right in the feels. I teared up a little too much for a fucking anime. It was a solid episode.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Holy fuck, finally caught up on One Piece. The Wano arc was pretty good. Lots of lore dump. I was really surprised they didn't leave with the "last" crewmate at the end of the arc.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I know I don't know whit about anime but why are all the new episodes in Japanese only or whatever and when will the subtitled crap come out. Hearing how great episode whatever is sucks if I can't watch it. Yeah, I pay for Crunchyroll.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Most of the stuff on CR is simulcast, meaning the subtitled stuff is always there. Check your settings

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Most of the stuff on CR is simulcast, meaning the subtitled stuff is always there. Check your settings
Crunchyroll/funimation made a huge tossup/fired a lot of people in different areas. Subtitling was one such affected, and most of those employees are gone. Remember all that talk about AI replacing jobs in the industry, well this is almost certainly a fallout from that. Subtitles being frequently delayed and/or grossly dropping in quality would be an expected outcome, but it's not like it was a beloved part of shows to begin with, so crunchy roll probably assumes the fans will just take it up the ass/not notice.

What's funny is what they've done is pretty much just illegal, but hard to say if/when anyone will call them out on it. Depends on how spunky and into anime the council for the deaf's lawyers are. I'd honestly expect this to be the new norm.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Huh? I can't remember ever seeing a show on CR that didn't have English subtitles.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Huh? I can't remember ever seeing a show on CR that didn't have English subtitles.

I haven't either, but on a lot of show in the comments I see people whining there are no subtitles when it's released.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I haven't either, but on a lot of show in the comments I see people whining there are no subtitles when it's released.
It apparently takes a few minutes for the subs to get added properly. At least that's what I get from the comments. I am never there when the shows drop, so they are 100% working when I watch them.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Same. Although I am a dub guy. I finished One Piece on subs, but I really like the English VA's over the Japanese.

Szlia

Anyone knows if we can hope for some more Psycho-Pass in the near future? Not like season 3 and First inspector were that great, but still...

velk

Trakanon Raider
Anyone knows if we can hope for some more Psycho-Pass in the near future? Not like season 3 and First inspector were that great, but still...

It seems unlikely, the urobutcher was the main thing that made it good ( hence S3 ), although checking what he's been up to recently, he appears to have a writing credit for a pyscho-pass movie from this year ? So maybe.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Fuck me man.

emotional-damage.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Szlia

It seems unlikely, the urobutcher was the main thing that made it good ( hence S3 ), although checking what he's been up to recently, he appears to have a writing credit for a pyscho-pass movie from this year ? So maybe.

Yeah I saw Providence (in theater even!) and it was ok (maybe my expectations were a little too high), but in the chronology it's set between Season 2 and Season 3 and, without going into spoiler territory, it explains the big changes for some of the characters between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3. So I was hoping that, since the franchise is still alive, we might get more seasons sometime soon. For my money, even a so-so season of Psycho-Pass interests me more than what I see in these long seasonal lists (even if, to be fair, there can be some amazing anime with the dumbest synopsis).

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
For those of you who got turned off by Shield Hero in S2 I would highly recommend giving S3 a try. Much better than S2, and the story is starting to get good.

• 3Like