Falling Skies Season 3

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
When they showed the daughter as a 5 year old instead of a baby, my fiance yelled "GOD DAMMIT A FUCKING TWILIGHT BABY ON THIS SHOW".

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spoilered so I don't rustle jimmies:

Was I just not paying attention, or did things move really quickly going into the season finale? The 2nd to last episode, it ends with Tom Mason and Cochise saying alright then, let's dig your weapon out so we can use it again! and then the season finale starts with them on a train rocking the final mission?

Also, the huge ass weapon that's taken months and months to build, fires one lousy stupid shot, and then is like oh shit, we can't fire it again for 10 minutes? wtf?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well they did build a space weapon from earthbound materials. i imagine that getting it to fire just the once took an awful lot of energy. but i agree. second to last ep it ends the volm cannon under tons of smoldering rubble with all its engineers dead. then this episode starts with tom's yacht putputting into boston harbor with the volm cannon mounted and ready to go with science geek at the controls ready to open fire.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
This show will end with ol Tommy Mason spechifying the Volm and Espheni into peace after the audience learns that the two races have been fighting for so long, they can't remember what they were battling about anymore.

Last scene will be Anne clutching Tom's head, destroyed from a disaffected skitter

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
well they did build a space weapon from earthbound materials. i imagine that getting it to fire just the once took an awful lot of energy. but i agree. second to last ep it ends the volm cannon under tons of smoldering rubble with all its engineers dead. then this episode starts with tom's yacht putputting into boston harbor with the volm cannon mounted and ready to go with science geek at the controls ready to open fire.
This. I started watching it and really thought I had missed an episode. They do basically nothing all season, then in the span of a few hours offscreen they excavated that thing and mounted it to a ship.

Cybsled

Ya, that was kind of wtf. Not even a throw away line of "good thing we were able to salvage some operational Volm construction equipment!" to explain it.

It kind of reminds me of the 100th Stargate episode where they were pitching TV show ideas and one scenario had the team at the edge of a cliff with replicators closing in and all sorts of stuff blocking their way to the Stargate, then the next scene is them returning to base through the Stargate and not explaining how they accomplished that (which was the point of the satire). Falling Skies actually did this essentially ;p

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's too bad, I was looking forward to the episode where Pope runs a pool for how many hours/days it would take to dig out the weapon, followed by Lourdes looking for ways to sabotage the dig.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
They do a pretty good job of making her look...not quite so hot on the show.

Spoilered for hugeness
7757473518_af731946e3_o.jpg

spronk

FPS noob
season 4 will start june 22nd. not a good show, but i guess I have seen worse. it has aliens! and steve jobs!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
need to change the thread title to season 4. and that trailer looks sweet. ive been a fan of this show since the end of season 1 and while yes its very cheesy its entertaining to watch.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
need to change the thread title to season 4. and that trailer looks sweet. ive been a fan of this show since the end of season 1 and while yes its very cheesy its entertaining to watch.
Agreed. I've been looking forward to it for awhile now.

I'm a little apprehensive about the lack of any Lourdis in that preview though. She was my eye candy for the show
frown.png