Falling Skies Season 3

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I forget, how many months have passed on the show between the end of last season and the start of this one?

If only they had told us once or twice during these episodes....
At the end of the first season, the writers admitted that they had written themselves into a corner with no idea what they were going to do after they had Tom get taken on the mothership. Why deal with that when they can just skip ahead three months and have everything to back to normal? I gather they must've had the same reaction to having the new aliens arrive. Why go to all the trouble of explaining these new aliens arriving and the immediate consequences when you can just skip ahead several months?

And the good doc having the dreams about the super baby?
I've seen and read other scifi that have the super advanced baby thing, and it's always just extremely creepy to me. I have no idea if that's what Falling Skies is going for, but I feel like I'm going to spend a majority of this season hoping someone kills that baby with nukes. Because, if not, you know we're going to have to deal with an even more annoying child next season than we've already had to deal with.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
At the end of the first season, the writers admitted that they had written themselves into a corner with no idea what they were going to do after they had Tom get taken on the mothership. Why deal with that when they can just skip ahead three months and have everything to back to normal? I gather they must've had the same reaction to having the new aliens arrive. Why go to all the trouble of explaining these new aliens arriving and the immediate consequences when you can just skip ahead several months?
That wasn't why I said that. You must have missed where they said, "seven months" about ten times during that first episode. I was fine with them jumping ahead in time, I just found it amusing that they had to hammer it into our brains that many times. The average viewer is an idiot, sure, but even idiots got it after three or four times.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
obviously that weird baby is some kind of side-effect of the fat asian chick using the DNA Tingler removal device hundreds of times. or at least thats what she is imagining has happened. i thought the show is starting off well, i did snicker a little when the grumpy general dude kept asking "what are these guys plans? what is this thing they are building? dude cant figure out they literally are unable to stop whatever they are doing so its a moot point wonder about their motives. president lincoln mason should just tell him. look , they are helping us win this war we will worry about their plans after we defeat these first set of aliens. and is the wheelchair kid supposed to be the mystery mole? because they seriously fucked that idea up by john locke not being shocked the dude entered his office on his good legs.im guessing its the other general guy.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Remember that Tom had that thing in his body too, and I think they were already banging by then.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The mole is probably Tom's presidential aide.
That was my guess as well. It's doubtful it's going to be one of the main characters (unless they have it be Tom's son and just wave away Karen's influence over him). You know it's not going to be someone obvious like Pope. Who better than the character that mysteriously popped up at the beginning of the season and appears harmless?

Cybsled

Ya, pretty bleh episode beyond the revelation that there might be another "official" army going on and the alien attack at the very end.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Too much of the youngest son already this season. Too much of all the sons, now that I think about it.

Did Moon Bloodgood have a baby in real life too? Because she's definitely chunked up this season.

We need more of Lourdis (sp). She's way too hot to always be just doing worthless doctor's assistant stuff, and it has been long enough (7 months minimum!!) for her to get over the death of dreadlock guy.

Too much of the youngest son already this season. Too much of all the sons, now that I think about it.

Did Moon Bloodgood have a baby in real life too? Because she's definitely chunked up this season.

We need more of Lourdis (sp). She's way too hot to always be just doing worthless doctor's assistant stuff, and it has been long enough (7 months minimum!!) for her to get over the death of dreadlock guy.

Yes think she had baby in real life, yes to too much of the all the sons.

I am sick of them calling him Mr.President already its such a clich?.

Cybsled

Well, it is what you are supposed to call the president. However, if the real president is alive...

Calling it now: The real president is working for the evil aliens.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yes think she had baby in real life
Ok thanks.

Hopefully there is a lot more of Wilson in the coming episodes too. Not sure I like the whole agoraphobia thing (and it really can't be that bad if he actually helped invade the reactor), but if it makes him a little quirky, I can live with that. He's a good enough actor where I doubt it will bother me much.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont remember the wife doctor being so chubby, eh, i dont care. blond chick and doctor assistant are good nuff. even the dyke sniper was fine. i didnt like that they turned Pope into a little weepy pussy this week though. season one and 2 pope woulda just raged and gone off and killed a ton of fishheads.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am enjoying the show. There are small things that bother me, but there are also small things that the show gets right. The show easily holds my attention better than defiance. The baby does not bother me at all really. I presume it will go a "V" kind of direction with it being a hybrid of sorts which eventually works for the human race. It will need an accelerated growth rate of course. Etrade should do a commercial around this baby. Would be awesome. The real president working for the aliens is easy enough to believe and certainly could be the direction they go.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
still not sure why the "real" president sent a sniper to kill people when he already knew they were working on the same side. also not sure why tom knowing this guy sent a sniper to kill his people decided to go to meet him in person and brought an alien along. wtf? oh and also wtf all this time pope had a plane stuck up his ass and waited til now to tell people about it?