Fallout 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was looking into whether it's possible to give them unlimited ammo for all weapons and then just not cheat. My definition of "cheat" anyway, which would be only giving them a gun of the same caliber/cell type as their default weapon. Since ammo is weightless, giving them a ridiculously large supply with the console is the next best option as you said. I just will pretend it's not there as far as my character is concerned.

Speaking of the console, there's two things I change every time I start the game:
setgs fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold 0.0
setgs iTerminalDisplayRate 1000

The first makes it so you get xp from things your companion kills even if you don't shoot them yourself (a requirement I think is really stupid) and the second fixes the ungodly slow text display on terminals.

Someone on reddit posted a great way to make caps and take advantage of the Local Leader stores: fill every possible inch of water in every settlement with water purifiers. You'll end up with hundreds of bottles of purified water which can be sold for up to like 20 caps each. Not sure I'm going to bother going to that extreme, but it seems worth throwing down 7-8 in Sanctuary, maybe a couple at the drive in etc. The best part is that when you sell the water to the settlement vendors you get to collect tax from the transaction.
Thanks for those two settings, the terminal rate was unbearable and I thought I noticed some shenanigans with companion XP.

xzi

Mouthbreather
There's just so much content in this game and I still have only ran into one bug so far, where I could walk through a door and fall through the world lol. Bethesda really outdid themselves with this one.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
wLATZ7f.jpg

Pimp my dawg.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Dogmeat is best, dogmeat is love.

Is there a reliable way to find ammo? I need sniper rifle ammo so badly hnnghh

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My only real complaint about the game so far is the god awful annoying radio host of Diamond City Radio. I don't know what they were thinking going with that personality. Is it supposed to be funny? Immersive? Tragic? I don't know but I hope someone mods him out, or sets up another radio channel with only the music and no voiceover. Damn
frown.png
Three Dog was awesome.
Hah, I find him hilarious - like Justin Roiland's TV hosting stuff he does in the background on some of the Rick & Morty episodes.

Vorph

Thanks for those two settings, the terminal rate was unbearable and I thought I noticed some shenanigans with companion XP.
Forgot to mention before: if you stick them into a fixes.txt file in the same directory as fallout4.exe, you can open the console and just type "bat fixes" instead of having to remember those long ass variable names.

Playing this on PC instead of console is good.

Is console less buttons though for all the salvaging? I guess I could plug a 360 controller into the computer and see.
It's good because of being able to actually use a SSD to full effect, having console access, and being able to do at least some rudimentary modding already, along with SweetFX/ReShade. Gamepad > M/K by far though imo, regardless of platform. At least at this stage without a port of something like DarNified UI or SkyUI anyway. Doubt we'll see anything like that anytime soon too, since there's so much more UI stuff to redo in FO4 compared to 3/NV/Skyrim. Would have been nice if the game would let you switch from pad to m/k on the fly like, you know, practically every other game made in the last decade, but it doesn't.

I have the PS4 version running side by side with my PC right now. Graphically, the difference is not nearly as large as I would like it to be, because no matter what extra bells and whistles the PC version has on Ultra, the whole game is held back visually by some shamefully low resolution texturing.

Vorph

Vorph do you know if you can set them in one of the .ini files?
Nope, until we can make .esp mods changing variables like those has to be done every time you load the game. Making a batch file is the only way to streamline it a bit for now.

Vorph

Finally got a legendary weapon of one of the types of guns I actually use:

5Cc4LJW.png

Sadly, "fuck yeah, explosive shotgun!!" swiftly became "motherfucking explosive shotgun just blew me up AGAIN". It's 15 damage per pellet so unless you fire at longish range (for a shotgun) you just kill yourself with it. Hopefully I can fix it with Gun Nut 3, when I'll be able to put a long ported barrel on it to increase the effective range.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So I tried out a different companion and told dogmeat to hang out in sanctuary but I havent seem him since to switch back. Any idea where he normally hangs out at?
He likes to hang out in the various dog houses in my game. I think there are two of them in Sanctuary.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
check the backyard doghouses. that reminds me, I want to remove them and build a doghouse in the center.