Fallout 4

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Cogsworth is so OP,

Just send him into a room, he clears it or all but one, I finish it off, if he dies he pops back up.
Best fucking pal for killing mutant dogs or bugs.

Dogmeat....just not doing it for me. Nor is Nick. I will take the dude with saw hand everyday !

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
15dmg per pellet? lol. How many pellets are there, cause that seems insane.
Not sure. I'd say at least 7 based on how often I've killed myself with the fucking thing. And yes, it's insane enough that I still use it anyway. I'm getting a better idea of when it's safe to shoot, but it's still pretty dangerous against charging ghouls and the like.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Curie is like Codsworth but with really strong lasers. Her and Cods are by far stronger than the other companions I've encountered. BUt I'm just doing it for the sidestories!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure. I'd say at least 7 based on how often I've killed myself with the fucking thing. And yes, it's insane enough that I still use it anyway. I'm getting a better idea of when it's safe to shoot, but it's still pretty dangerous against charging ghouls and the like.
I can see that being a really interesting gameplay mechanic. Surely that works pretty well at medium range too?

Caliane

So I tried out a different companion and told dogmeat to hang out in sanctuary but I havent seem him since to switch back. Any idea where he normally hangs out at?
check red rocket to be sure as well. you might have moved away or misclicked. he defaults to red rocket.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Is there a real reason to build up my other settlements? Although I do like some of the layouts of the other ones, but Sancuary hills just feels like MY home base ya know? I've been working on fortifying the shit out of it while basically ignoring everywhere else, lol

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've been keeping the others stable with minimum amounts of investment. just beds, turrets, food/etc so their numbers are stable and go back to make sure my slaves are picking their corn and mutfruit. All supply lines to back to Sanctuary which is my actual home.

I hope there is some benefit to actively managing so many settlements (someone said you can have like 30 of them).

Edit: Other than Bottle Cap Empire.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Anybody find a reliable way to get crystal? i'm setting up a fort at the drive-in but can't make a damn recruitment satellite due to a lack of crystal
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Is there a real reason to build up my other settlements? Although I do like some of the layouts of the other ones, but Sancuary hills just feels like MY home base ya know? I've been working on fortifying the shit out of it while basically ignoring everywhere else, lol
I'm betting just bottlecaps and am spending a minimal effort on it.

Maybe in the future mods will come out to flesh out the settlement system such that setting up settlements 'conquers' territory ala GTA:SA and you get settlebros hanging out in those areas keeping them clear. And maybe the settlement system will allow you to really clean up the area instead of just propping up shanties in weedy areas. It would be cool to restore Sanctuary to some semblance of its pre-war beauty.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have noticed the houses in Sanctuary slightly better overtime. Like the roofs and walls of the houses. Unless I am totally crazy and just seeing things.

Really need a mod to remove all the leaves and shit (ghoul bodies at Sunshine Coop or whatever) etc.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Anybody find a reliable way to get crystal? i'm setting up a fort at the drive-in but can't make a damn recruitment satellite due to a lack of crystal
frown.png
Not a huge spoiler, just a location name, but this is what I have been doing for materials.

There is a small diner close to sanctuary called Drumlin Diner. There is a merchant inside and often a traveling merchant outside. I put whatever material im looking for on search and just buy everything they have that has that material and then sit on a bar stool for 48 hours and buy more till I have enough

Needless

Toe Sucker
Not a huge spoiler, just a location name, but this is what I have been doing for materials.

There is a small diner close to sanctuary called Drumlin Diner. There is a merchant inside and often a traveling merchant outside. I put whatever material im looking for on search and just buy everything they have that has that material and then sit on a bar stool for 48 hours and buy more till I have enough
ahh good to know, i actually just went to her and saw she had two cameras i could buy.

Is it 48 hours for restocking? dope!

Thanks

xzi

Mouthbreather
That's what I was originally hoping for when the settlers started working on the buildings in Sanctuary, but it seems they don't actually really do anything but smack the wall with a hammer and make noise. Makes it more "lively" I suppose.

I guess the building probably looks slightly better than when it first started? Still, there's a lot of extra junk I wish I could remove.

MossyBank

N00b
There is a better way to get Fiber Optics and Crystals, unlimited amounts without paying caps. Go to Jamaica Plain, inside the main town hall building, there are laser turrets that you can activate and disarm for +1 crystal/fiber optic each, then you can reactivate them again, and disarm them again. Got about 200 of each in about 5 minutes, and could get more if I wanted. Heres a video on it:

Fallout 4 - Easy Crystals, Fiber Optics, and Steel - YouTube

Also for those that don't know, Adhesive can be crafted by making Vegetable Starch, (3 corn, 3 mutfruit, 3 tato, 1 purified water) at a cooking station, The Starch can be broken down into 5 adhesive each.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Fallout 3 and New Vegas was 8 pellets.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I tried out a different companion and told dogmeat to hang out in sanctuary but I havent seem him since to switch back. Any idea where he normally hangs out at?
If you told him to return home and then fast traveled, he hasn't had enough time to walk back from wherever you gave him the go home command. All companions will physically walk back to wherever you tell them to.

Happened to me last night when I got a new companion. Fast traveled back to red rocket and was like FUCK WHERE IS DOGMEAT OH NO. Then I took a 12 hour nap to see if he'd show up and sure enough there he was chillin' in his dog house like a dogbro.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Does anyone else feel like that whatever type of gun you are using, it's ammo has a massively reduced drop rate?

I played several levels using mostly a shotgun, and was always low on shotgun shells. Then recently I switched to a badass pistol I found, but it's ammo is rapidly depleting and I seem to find almost none in the wild, while I'm finding shotgun ammo like crazy now.

Seems really odd, but I've noticed it across 2 different gun types now. I used to NEVER see shotgun shells while I was using one, and now that are in almost everything that I loot.

I do have rank 2 of the ammo perk, FWIW