Fallout 4

Caliane

You cant move a lot of stuff around that you can in other bethesda games, its actually my biggest complaint so far.
str isn't a dump stat!

honestly, harkens into the "fallout needs active skills" statement. the blitz is the right direction. power armor should be able to pick up and throw cars,boulders, etc.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
str isn't a dump stat!

honestly, harkens into the "fallout needs active skills" statement. the blitz is the right direction. power armor should be able to pick up and throw cars,boulders, etc.
I might be tired and misreading this. Are you saying that things like skeletons and whatnot that I can't interact with currently and move around like I could in previous Bethesda games can be moved around with higher STR stat?

My assumption is you're making a joke, but I just want to make sure that assumption is correct.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I might be tired and misreading this. Are you saying that things like skeletons and whatnot that I can't interact with currently and move around like I could in previous Bethesda games can be moved around with higher STR stat?

My assumption is you're making a joke, but I just want to make sure that assumption is correct.
I have max STR and still can't move most things. :C

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
While the start turned me off a little this is turning out to be an excellent game.

Few hit or miss things but overall they did a good job on what makes fallout fun. Not sure why they removed repair options, you're literally over burdened with guns and supplies the entire game and it feels really weird not having to touch your armor or guns after equipping them.

Also the settlement system is pretty shitty. They should of just had you send people back to Sanctuary, build that bitch into a major base of operations that means something. Having 5 or whatever tiny settlements with zero emotional attachment to them is poor design.

Building stuff is cool. Making a home base is cool. Having other smaller places that you really can't give two shits about and the 3 people that live there is pretty meh. They should of left that part until end game (other settlements besides Sanctuary) and not just have people running out to do that crap right out of the vault.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just had my first crash! I had been going up against guys using flamethrowers no problem (well they were actually doing serious damage to me) so I decided to augment one of my looted spoil, maxed it out fully, start spraying around Sanctuary and after about 3 seconds my whole screen goes this coral-pink pigment, then black, then the game crashes and Windows tells me my display driver recovered. Flamers too strong, clearly.

Needless

Toe Sucker
there a way to move settlers? i've been building at one spot but i've only gotten 2 people to join it in a long time... i have at least 3x the food/water and like 35+ defense and 75 happiness on the place so it should be pretty fucking welcoming lol

edit: nevermind found it, i can just press R to move them to a different settlement, derp~

Rime

<Donor>
I have 15 People. 80 Happiness (with an arrow pointing up - it has been like this for about 4 hours of playing, even 'waited' for 48 hours to see if it moved, it did not). 35 Beds, all under a roof, with a rug, a chest, and a radio near them. I put the points into Perks to get the 'Trade Emporium', which is supposed to make money based off of population, while making people happier. It has done nothing and my population will not go up. Every room is lit. I have 80 Water, 35 Food, 125 Defense. Easily another 15-20 jobs available gardening/scrapping.

Very annoying.

Radge_sl

shitlord
I have 15 People. 80 Happiness (with an arrow pointing up - it has been like this for about 4 hours of playing, even 'waited' for 48 hours to see if it moved, it did not). 35 Beds, all under a roof, with a rug, a chest, and a radio near them. I put the points into Perks to get the 'Trade Emporium', which is supposed to make money based off of population, while making people happier. It has done nothing and my population will not go up. Every room is lit. I have 80 Water, 35 Food, 125 Defense. Easily another 15-20 jobs available gardening/scrapping.

Very annoying.
The official guidebook I have claims that your max settlers (per settlement) is 10 + Charisma. I've never heard of anyone going past 20 settlers before (maybe you can go higher by ordering settlers to change towns?).

Fadaar

That guy
The official guidebook I have claims that your max settlers (per settlement) is 10 + Charisma. I've never heard of anyone going past 20 settlers before (maybe you can go higher by ordering settlers to change towns?).
Really? That's fucking stupid and way too small. Considering how huge some of the settlements are (Sanctuary!) 20 people is far too small of a number, especially if you want to have all your shops manned, people on foot patrol, and gathering food.