Fallout 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just found a legendary protecteron watcher that was unactivated in their little protecteron huts. In

vault 81

So, that's a thing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I was looking into whether it's possible to give them unlimited ammo for all weapons and then just not cheat. My definition of "cheat" anyway, which would be only giving them a gun of the same caliber/cell type as their default weapon. Since ammo is weightless, giving them a ridiculously large supply with the console is the next best option as you said. I just will pretend it's not there as far as my character is concerned.

Speaking of the console, there's two things I change every time I start the game:
setgs fXPDeathRewardHealthThreshold 0.0
setgs iTerminalDisplayRate 1000

The first makes it so you get xp from things your companion kills even if you don't shoot them yourself (a requirement I think is really stupid) and the second fixes the ungodly slow text display on terminals.

Someone on reddit posted a great way to make caps and take advantage of the Local Leader stores: fill every possible inch of water in every settlement with water purifiers. You'll end up with hundreds of bottles of purified water which can be sold for up to like 20 caps each. Not sure I'm going to bother going to that extreme, but it seems worth throwing down 7-8 in Sanctuary, maybe a couple at the drive in etc. The best part is that when you sell the water to the settlement vendors you get to collect tax from the transaction.
the companion XP thing didn't work for me. Anything else I need to do? The termianl one is great.

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've just clicked the screen to make it fully show the entire message. Get into a rhythm of clicking the screen, moving the mouse away from then back on to the topic I want to select (because they still have the ghetto fucking UI from FO3) and tabbing back to the main menu. That team XP would be nice though, because it is pretty bullshit to lose XP because your pal got the last hit. This ain't DOTA. Does using that command have an impact on Steam achieves?

Rime

<Donor>
The official guidebook I have claims that your max settlers (per settlement) is 10 + Charisma. I've never heard of anyone going past 20 settlers before (maybe you can go higher by ordering settlers to change towns?).
Well, SURE WOULD BE NICE IF THAT WAS EXPLAINED IN THE GAME. /anger.

Guess I will store the extra beds/buildings and have multiple 'big' settlements, instead of 1 city size and a bunch of villages.

DeadAgain!?_sl

shitlord
I really dislike the multiple settlements and it bothers me seeing them on my map. I wish you could just have one big one where everyone gathers, oh well. Also when Sanctuary gets attacked is it from all sides or do they come over the bridge? Trying to figure out my defenses

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Holy shitballs, Brotherhood of Steel

(spoiler from ~5-10 hours into the game)
So I come out of a random building that I'm clearing of raiders for some quest, and as soon as the outdoor environment loads(I'm on the roof of the building) a goddamn flying aircraft carrier appears. Apparently its Brotherhood of Steel and there's helicopters disembarking from it, spreading out all over the wasteland, while they have loudspeakers shouting BoS propaganda. One of the more awe-inspiring scenes I've seen in a video game in a while. I had no idea that the BoS was quite that powerful. I knew they had access to a lot of power armor, but not a goddamn flying fortress. Guess I need to join up with them afterall..

Needless

Toe Sucker
Speaking of settlements getting attacked, i was diappointed that some fucking mongrel dogs could just walk through my gate like nothing and literally none of my 4 turrets even fired a round.

;_;

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Holy shitballs, Brotherhood of Steel

(spoiler from ~5-10 hours into the game)
So I come out of a random building that I'm clearing of raiders for some quest, and as soon as the outdoor environment loads(I'm on the roof of the building) a goddamn flying aircraft carrier appears. Apparently its Brotherhood of Steel and there's helicopters disembarking from it, spreading out all over the wasteland, while they have loudspeakers shouting BoS propaganda. One of the more awe-inspiring scenes I've seen in a video game in a while. I had no idea that the BoS was quite that powerful. I knew they had access to a lot of power armor, but not a goddamn flying fortress. Guess I need to join up with them afterall..
They haven't been that powerful in the past games, but definitely a bad ass scene

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Clearly setting them up to be the bad guys in Fallout 5 if you ask me - getting to the Enclave in Fallout 2 levels of power...

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Regarding Brotherhood of Steel:

Is it worth joining? I was about to join then the guy mentions " Must follow orders, so no more merc work" and was worried that would limit so much(As it seems entire game is "mercenary work") of what I could do in-game.

Also do they have melee weapons or just guns/power armor?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Cinge:

I don't know where the storyline ends up with all that stuff, obviously, but I'm currently working for BOS and the Railroad. If you know anything about the Railroad and the BOS and their competing goals, then that should answer your question that joining one does not, as far as I can tell to this point, limit your options as far as taking quests goes. Now that doesn't mean that won't change, or I won't have to choose one over the other at some point, but at the point I'm at now, I see no reason not to join every faction you get a shot at.

No clue about weapons. I mean they have a vendor, think his supply can vary

Sulrn

Deuces
Any word of a mod that adds an actual crafting system to the game yet? I think that's my biggest gripe with the game.

I find it fairly retarded you have armorer and blacksmith perks but you can't actually create anything from scratch unless it's vaguely related to shelter building which require neither. So fail. Where are you Skyrim enhanced blacksmithing mod?

Second gripe is the lack of knock back with large calibers and shotguns. Ghoul diving swarms laughing at your sawed off is pretty immersion breaking for me. Where are you improved combat physics mod?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Been sick with the flu, finally got to play this. Hard as shit. I keep getting gibbed at random. Still fun, just getting destroyed occasionally. Like that one mole rat that had bombs on him.. Which sadist designed that?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
rrr_img_115772.jpg

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
First thing I did was rebind F9 to F8. No confusion of "hit the F button on the left of the bank". Dry those tears and give it a whirl!

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Shooting exploding molerats and killing entire groups of super mutants by sniping the one carrying the fat man in the arm he carries it. Game is great.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
If you're interested in Valentine's back story

don't miss the tape in the evidence locker at the badtfl. You'll go there for a brotherhood of steel quest. May come out later in the game I don't know I'm not there. Figured that was what was going in though

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Not sure I'm liking the storyline too much so far. Does Bethesda have some kind of fallout world father-son relationship theme going on?