Fallout 4

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Ok. Let me propose a ruleset then, post your modifications and we'll vote later.

1. All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).
3. Locational information can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1.

What do you guys say?
Sounds good.

Rime

<Donor>
Ok. Let me propose a ruleset then, post your modifications and we'll vote later.

1. All quest (subquest, companion, main quest etc) must be in a spoiler without exception.
2. All character build, combat etc. discussion can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1. (Ex: How do you kill aliens?).
3. Locational information can be outside a spoiler unless it impacts #1.

What do you guys say?
So say we all.

khalid

Unelected Mod
We really need 3 threads.

1) All spoilers allowed.

2) One for those that have played all current Fallouts but haven't finished Fallout4

3) One for those that haven't finished playing the other fallouts yet.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
art of fallout book announcement:
https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game.../2015/10/28/41
13.jpg

Agraza

Registered Hutt
pls let me have a vehicle. pls let me have a vehicle. pls let me have a vehicle. robots? check. nukes? check. laser rifles? check. tilt-rotor aircraft? check. power armor? check. motorcycle? FUCK NO, that doesn't make any sense!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Those who played FO3/NV and the new MadMax game, how do you think vehicles in fallout would work? I feel like it'd negatively affect the game in certain ways.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Borderlands/Rage handled them alright. Borderlands is too lulz for my taste though.
They're an afterthought in Borderlands. There's really just HP, and whatever weapon it fires. Borderlands has too many kids online, but it's a great story, great game imo. In any event...I think Fallout 2 handled it fine, and we haven't needed a vehicle since.

Remember in Mad Max and Fallout 2, you were in Australia/Death Valley. You had tons of open room and cars are required to go ANYWHERE. With most Fallout games you are centered around cities, where there will be so much shit in the way, having a car would hinder you. Which is why you'd see the traders using Brahmin instead of a truck.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
A motorcycle might work, much like a horse in Skyrim. Ther vertibirds might be pilotable from what we see in the 22 minute trailer. That would work well.

Cars wouldn't work.

In Mad Max, the world is way huge, but way empty to leave plenty of room for car to car combat, one of the big draws. Plus the Mad Max world is mostly desert, like wide open desert, because its set in Australia which is already mostly flat and mostly desert, even before the bombs drop.

Even with a larger map this go round, there will be too many buildings, too much stuff in the way.

A vehicle based Fallout would require being set in the West like the original Fallouts, and Bethesda isn't going to do that any time soon. They're committed to the East Coast as a way of breaking free from the storyline for NCR and all that in the old games.

But since Skyrim has horses, it wouldn't surprise me if motorcycles were in it (though I think they'd have made a big promotional push about them if they were) and it wouldn't surprise me if a motorcycle gets modded in shortly after launch.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I caved and bought this collection just to get the swag from the box to use as a dice box for warhammer...

rrr_img_114462.jpg

Wondering if I should take it as a carry on when I fly to Texas next week or put it in our suitcase......

kevincheese

Lord Nagafen Raider
See, the sad thing is none of the weapon designs for Fallout mean shit. Every melee weapon is going to play exactly the same, swing til mob dies.

I wish Bethesda would learn how to make a decent fucking combat system.

I'm really looking forward to the release in 2 weeks, but I have no illusions but this being any better than the previous titles.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm not Sure vehicles are really needed. At first there is so much content and exploration you simply don't need to move much faster than run speed. Later in the game fast travel makes moving around trivial.

I don't think the world is big enough for much more than a scooter or motorcycle. Maybe a segway.