Fallout 76

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Basically just a stress test of their netcode it seems. Which is probably a good idea to do regardless what you call it.

more of a pre order grab, since that's the pool they're picking beta players from

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That just makes it more of a blatant cash grab/pre-order leverage. Its like Bethesda has gone back to its horse armor days and decided Shelter is the standard all of their games will be built around going forward. Oh well, I still have the old games to enjoy.. for now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If they're that damn afraid of non-consensual PvP, why have it at all? Or just do server types. Will there be a checklist of requirements and a consent form to sign when seeing another player when people still bitch about getting ganked under this system?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dull

Molten Core Raider
New info out of Quakecon, mainly talking about how leveling up and the cards work. Ill insert a vid here, watch the whole thing if you want to see how it works but I wanted to draw attention to specifically 5:44 to about 6:30.

Nice, looks like a loot crate to me. They didnt say you could buy them but matter of time?

Cybsled

If they're that damn afraid of non-consensual PvP, why have it at all? Or just do server types. Will there be a checklist of requirements and a consent form to sign when seeing another player when people still bitch about getting ganked under this system?

It is a tough balance act. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually launch "hardcore" servers, but I think they have to go this route for now since at launch you don't really pick a server and your game session is migratory everytime you join. Rewarding PKs doesn't work with that model, because you'll have in theory an extremely large playpool to prey upon (since you end up on a new server each session) and it becomes an easy way to get powerful.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
It's a pretty interesting system. Up to level 10, you get card packs every 2 levels. Then, after level 10, you get them every 5 levels.

Also, for people that didn't watch the entire video, a person that kills another person that is unwilling to engage in PvP, they get a big red star that everybody can see on the map, as well as a bounty that is paid out of their own caps. The person that murdered another wanderer can't see other people on the map screen, but everybody can see where this person is.

Also, you can /ignore whoever it is griefing you. This will, I believe, make that person invisible to you and make you invisible to them.

It really is an interesting interview.

The action starts about 20 minutes in.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Also, if you "max" out your character, you might not give a shit about caps and just go around murdering folks anyways lol

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Also, if you "max" out your character, you might not give a shit about caps and just go around murdering folks anyways lol

Not going to lie the amount of trolling us shitlords could do to people just wanting to play the game and explore has me seriously making this face.

A Star next to a griefer’s name? That’s like a badge of honor what were they thinking lol.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Cybsled

Well, you can always ignore legit griefers and they essentially vanish from your game, so it would be very hard to do hardcore griefing/trolling if the other person doesn't want to experience that.

• 1Smuggly

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Psh, its a Bethesda game. Going to be able to grief people A TON of ways where the ignore feature won't even come up because of bugs.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider

Looks like you won't have to worry about breaking out your wallet, at least for a while.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Its all about skins. This is gonna be no different than PUBG/Fornite.

• 1Like