Fallout 76

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Bethesda just needs to give up and sell the Fallout IP to someone who still gives a shit - maybe Ken Levine isn't busy? The closest they came to doing the IP justice was New Vegas. Every iteration since they took over has required a veritable underground railroad of neckbeards modding the game to create unofficial patches to the tune of 1000+ fixes, HD texture remakes, complete combat and animation revamps, proper UI design and scaling, etc to deliver it to a passable AAA- state. All the shit that a company decades deep into PC gaming should be able to do on their own by now.

2 years later the GOTY version comes out, which adds half-cocked versions of the top 5 mods on Fallout[X]Nexus that will be outdated on delivery.

Fuck, I'm jaded.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bethesda is making big bucks off of Fallout and will never let it go. Take a look into how well Fallout 4 sold despite all of its issues and you'll see what I mean.

Cybsled

I never really experienced much in the way of issues with FO4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pass. Hopefully this has some redeeming value but after wasting over a full hour on playing Elder Scrolls Online I doubt it.

Lol

166E894B-7FF8-4610-AF68-B5225D042D06.jpeg

• 3Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wait though can you even grief people? Or did they take that out.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Wait though can you even grief people? Or did they take that out.

They've talked repeatedly about how they don't want assholes ruing the game for other players and have mentioned several pretty heavy handed methods they plan on putting in to discourage any sort of non-consensual PVP. Server types will probably address this somewhat, but it's unlikely you'll be able to just go after anyone you want outside of limited situations

Cybsled

The way PVP works, unless they changed it is:

1) If you attack another player unprovoked, it does minimal damage
2) If the other player attacks you back, then full PVP is enabled and all damage is normal
3) If the other player doesn't attack you or runs away, you still do minimal damage. You -can- still kill them, but it is a lot harder since the other player basically has high mitigation
4) If you die in PVP, you drop all the junk items on you. You don't lose your equipment or bottlecaps
5) The PK who engaged in a non-consensual kill eventually gets a bounty put on them and they show up on the map. People aren't penalized for initiating combat against them and get money for killing the PK

They advised this is how it will be at launch, but I suspect they'll eventually release full PVP server groups if there is enough demand.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

That would require buying a console. Maybe if it comes to PC I'll check it out, but not wasting $$$$ of a Xbox or PS4 ;p

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fallout 4 was one of my favorite games of 2017. I finished it 4 times and bought it twice.
This new MP game is going to get a Hard Pass from me.

• 3Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This will be the second Fallout game in history I refuse to purchase, the first being Brotherhood of Steel.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This will be the second Fallout game in history I refuse to purchase, the first being Brotherhood of Steel.

Fallout 1/2/NewVegas = New Hope, Empire, Return of the Jedi
Fallout 3 = revenge of the Sith
Fallout Tactics = Han Solo
Brotherhood of Steel= Phantom Menace.
Fallout 4 = Rogue one
Fallout Shelter = attack of the clones
Fallout 76 = The Last Jedi

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
There are fallout themed modded minecraft servers out there that will give you a better experience than whatever you wanna call this game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users