Fallout 76

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Believe he said good guys and good team. Although, he said the latter more often. Yep. The Poem

The evils were all over N Ro, so I made a deal with the giants!

[Fri Jul 06 22:41:52 2001] Your feet move faster.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:55 2001] You shout, 'Welcome, You've Got Mail!'
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] A sand giant slashes Emotionless for 88 points of damage.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] A sand giant hits Emotionless for 94 points of damage.
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] Emotionless has been slain by a sand giant!
[Fri Jul 06 22:41:58 2001] Your feet move faster.
[Fri Jul 06 22:42:14 2001] You shout, 'Giants love the good guys! Hooray!'

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So sounds a lot like Sea of Thieves with personal bases. There is a story, collective objectives and quests. But just like SoT, I'm very worried about the actual depth of the game. With a map 4x as large, with the same amount of quest density of FO4, it would still be incredibly shallow and quickly spent.

Problem with games like this is the amount of things to do to get you from the beginning to the end, and what the fuck you're supposed to do after that to keep you playing. If it's like GTA5, plenty of folks will continue playing out of habit, but, at least for me, once I clear the main quests and do the multi-player shit for a little bit, get the main rewards, I'm gonna drop after maybe two months.

Two months of play might make it worth it, I guess. Since I can't expect an MMO level of involvement, development, and like fuck am I gonna waste my time on the four end game missions they give for the random likelihood of getting the perfect piece of gear to do the same shit.

I'll probably still play it, but that conundrum of "end game development" is still an issue. Skyrim is probably the best example of continuing to draw me in even after I'm supremely overpowering everything simply because there were so many quests for bits of story, and I have significant doubts that will be applied here.

Similarly with Fallout 4... I could play through opposite sides of each storyline, and there were several storylines available.

Multi-player can only hold my interest so far, but it begs the issue of needing 4^x number of things to do that involve said story when multiple actual people are involved.

• 1WTF

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I guess now is as good a time to tell you that I've decided to become the canary in the coalmine, and I've already redeemed my beta code. Now, it's just waiting for the beta to start. I guess we'll see.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Let us know. I'm not gonna beta a game any time soon. Wasted plenty of time on shill games already, but I'm still a bit hopeful for this.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am worried that the exclusion of NPC's to the greater extent, could swing it towards AIDS. I am very excited about a new 4 man squad game, get some of my team back together, and limiting PVP to an extent is good for me. But, if the world is barren, except for the occasional terminal, or radio'd in quest, I could see it losing it's luster fast. It's almost like they don't know which direction to pull it in, sounding more and more like not enough PVP to keep game play fresh, and a shit ton of radiant repeatable quests that are gonna get old fast.

I will second that I want another New Vegas, still my favorite of the newer installments in the series, by a long shot.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just want another new vegas. 😔

Chris agrees
584BEF44-F68C-4983-987B-D67A9EA304D2.gif

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Some info on Fallout 76 from interviews

whenever any dev says "it will be difficult to" i roll my eyes hard

sorry your tie wearing pre alpha testers could handle sending multiple people to multiple locations to gather xyz and then relog and meet up on X server to start fucking asshole, but that shit ain't gonna be difficult for a few neckbeards on discord.

• 1Worf