Fallout 76

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Yea it's almost bizzare how the Hardcore fallout people are opposed to any attempt at launching that universe into the online space.

Think of how awesome it would be to scavenge items with a couple bros, go kill a camp and then go push in another squads shit in with a rusty pipe rifle you just crafted, as your buddy comes through the back after lockpicking their fortified position to steal the rest of their shit.

Better yet, you combine the two and watch as a Deathclaw comes out of fucking nowhere and decimates your opponent before skullfucking you.

FOnline: Reloaded was a pretty good thing.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
4zyhTkN.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea it's almost bizzare how the Hardcore fallout people are opposed to any attempt at launching that universe into the online space.

Think of how awesome it would be to scavenge items with a couple bros, go kill a camp and then go push in another squads shit in with a rusty pipe rifle you just crafted, as your buddy comes through the back after lockpicking their fortified position to steal the rest of their shit.

Better yet, you combine the two and watch as a Deathclaw comes out of fucking nowhere and decimates your opponent before skullfucking you.
cause that’s not fallout(online that is) plus the fact that they’re bring back the settlement/base building shit is lame.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The settlement/base building thing was the best thing about Fallout 4.

Anyone who disagrees is categorically retarded.

• 4Like
  • 2Cringe
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
The settlement/base building thing was the best thing about Fallout 4.

Anyone who disagrees is categorically retarded.
Lord knows its what my friend does in his game. Then he bugs me to come watch his game so he can show it off on a 10 second delay. :p

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, Fallout 4 was just the same combat system that’s been beaten to death, with a shitty story. And even worse companions, But the crafting and base building was so fucking amazing it turned what could have been a tired rehash into solid gold.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Fallout 4 was just the same combat system that’s been beaten to death, with a shitty story. And even worse companions, But the crafting and base building was so fucking amazing it turned what could have been a tired rehash into solid gold.

It always impresses me how both the Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 Bethesda stories make literally no sense.

Fallout 3 - Turn on the flood machine for the Brotherhood to help us. Turn on the flood machine for the other guys for RACIAL SUPREMACY.
Fallout 4 - Help any faction. Kill all the other factions because Synths.

?????

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I refuse to accept any other timeline for FO5 beyond one where the Institute wins.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
It always impresses me how both the Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 Bethesda stories make literally no sense.

Fallout 3 - Turn on the flood machine for the Brotherhood to help us. Turn on the flood machine for the other guys for RACIAL SUPREMACY.
Fallout 4 - Help any faction. Kill all the other factions because Synths.

?????

I played all factions, both sides. Not all factions were diametrically opposed with the rest. I believe it was Institute vs Brotherhood, and Minutemen vs Underground Railroad. I could be mistaken, it's been a few years, but I can definitely say I was able to finish one then another, in the same game.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I played all factions, both sides. Not all factions were diametrically opposed with the rest. I believe it was Institute vs Brotherhood, and Minutemen vs Underground Railroad. I could be mistaken, it's been a few years, but I can definitely say I was able to finish one then another, in the same game.

I sided with institute and definitely had to kill everyone else. I tried again with Minutemen and still had to kill everyone else.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah, At its core you could say it was Minutemen vs Brotherhood in terms of them being military groups wanting control of the region. And Institute wanted to control synths, Railroad help synths.

But in the end they couldnt weave two separate arcs and just said PICK A GROUP TO WIN IT ALL.

Vegas was the one that made most sense. Pick a group you want to control Vegas and the Dam, each had their own merits. Pitting t hem against each other made sense.

Do you aid the Evil Genius and jeep Vegas independent? Support the Stable Government take over? Turn it over to invading hoards of slavers to gain your own power, or just take everything over yourself.

I get the point on FO3 having the same means to an end for different sides. But the results and motivations were different, and in the context of single storylines made plenty of sense.

• 1Solidarity

Rime

<Donor>
I still fail to understand how the Institute could lose...

Why would the Underground want to blow up the Institute? Their whole thing is to help Synths. So lets make sure no-others can be made!

I can understand the BoS wiping out everyone in the Institute, but blowing up all of that INSANELY ADVANCED tech? No frelling way.

The Minutemen would wipe out the Institute... but blow it up? It could house thousands of people and provide power/food/clean water for the entire Boston area.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
That's right. I could complete any of the others, but it all led to choosing Institute vs BoS/Minutemen. Institute was the last stop. Speaking of, with synthetic gorilla's and all that crazy shit, I was hoping to see more natural stuff leaking out into the wild, but I guess it's a little more obvious than your run of the mill synth human, since humans were really the only surviving species in its original form. Actually, was doggo a synth? I can't remember.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah my love for Fallout 4 was sure as shit not based upon the main story. It was awful, and yeah it was the same thing across all factions, just reskinned. Join us, and fuck everyone else and kill them. They were all diametrically opposed over synths, and how they should be viewed, and there were no grays. I really wish they'd quit trying to have a "main story" in these games and just focus on the smaller stuff. I have no idea how to phrase it but instead of it being akin to reading one epic novel. Have it be more of a series of shorter stories based in the same world. Then have a spin off just like New Vegas where it is a smaller world with actual in depth writing with a full array of choices, just like the original 2 Fallouts.

My disdain for online is not based in being opposed to an online version of fallout coming out at all. It's just I would be bummed if the main team was tied up in making it. ESO was not developed by BGS. So it was no big deal to me. The people who enjoy MMO's and like the ES world, had something to play. That's awesome. But the team making the games I like were not involved directly and was hopefully working on something for my tastes. That would be my only reason for being bummed at an online Fallout or MMO Fallout.

Cybsled

End of the day, it is better we dont get another main Fallout title so soon after the last one. I would rather they take their time and get a solid engine going vs. FO5 with pretty much slightly tweaked FO4 tech because it has only been a few years.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It probably takes them a long time to figure out how to maximize the difference between what the option wheel says and what your character actually says when you choose that option.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
End of the day, it is better we dont get another main Fallout title so soon after the last one. I would rather they take their time and get a solid engine going vs. FO5 with pretty much slightly tweaked FO4 tech because it has only been a few years.

I actually think this may be the reason why they are "delaying" announcing any new open world RPG that is a major release. Just from tidbits, especially in response to questions on TES VI, it seems they are acknowledging that their engine just can't handle what they have in mind. They may have felt Starfield could have been ok running Creation engine or Gamebryo or whatever their engine is called, but even found that it would be hampered to. Or at least that's my hope anyway. As much as I loved Fallout 4 and Skyrim, there is no denying that engine has some serious issues outside of the ease of modding.

(and yes regardless 2018 is still way too soon for a Fallout 5 no question)

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guess I’m the only one that think the base building was the least fun thing in the game, but overall I don’t love FO4

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Guess I’m the only one that think the base building was the least fun thing in the game, but overall I don’t love FO4

nah I am with you as our the majority of people on the reddit etc. Most fans wanted a focus on story/dialogue development as the other Fallouts had. Also fuck voiced protagonists.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Dull

Molten Core Raider
But we will be able to build our own moonshine still and a stage for our bluegrass band!

• 2Like