Fallout 76

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It seems like every time they need to patch it they basically have you download the entire game and reinstall it. Wasn't this also happening during Beta as well?

Ironically enough it also happened with TESO for a while.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Another thing that's kinda lol, there must have been something really messed up happen during the war, the sun rises in the West. Check the direction next sunrise.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was incorrect on the whole sun thing, apparently the pipboy is in 12h format instead of 24. Neg me as appropriate.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

So some dude went ballistic and dismantled a Gamestop after they refused to take back and refund FO76.
Fallout 76 Owner Destroys GameStop Store Over Inability To Return Game
Cant say i have seen this one before but there is always the first time.

There is a video of it floating around too, pretty lullzy

I used to work at EBGames long ago and you saw this shit all the time. Some customer would flip the fuck out in the hopes you would get scared and do what they want. I remember once selling a brand new, sealed PS2 to a guy. He walks out, 2 min later comes back in with the hollowed out shell of a completely different PS2 (not even the same serial number), then says I sold him this and he wanted a refund. I called him on his BS, then he literally yells at the top of his lungs like a foot away from me to give him the money and flipping the fuck out. I just calmly (outwardly anyways, that shit gets your adrenaline pumping if you aren't expecting it) reached down and picked up the phone and called security lol.

Plus it didn't matter if a game was good or not. It could literally be the best game ever made by mankind and you'd have dipshits trying to use you as a free rental and try to return it for full price after a week. Or they'd steal a copy from the Target nearby and try to claim they got it as a gift and "lost their receipt".

God, retail fucking sucks.

Anyways, FO76 lore time! I found some new lore stuff in game that help close some of the other perceived "plotholes" people reacted to. Brotherhood of Steel...

So the BoS unit in FO76 didn't start as BoS. They were regular military (Army Rangers), but the Lieutenant in charge knew Maxson and was a friend. After Maricopa (Maxson even mentions it to the Lt in an effort to get them on board), Maxson tries to radio surviving contacts he knows about in a hopes to recruit into the newly formed BoS and he explains the reasoning behind BoS. The whole scribe/knight thing was a reference to the Dark Ages and those who preserved the knowledge after the fall of Rome. He recognized depression/hopelessness in the aftermath of the war and realized that people needed a unifying goal/purpose to go on. He also wants a clean break from the former US government/military which he blames for the horrors he saw at Maricopa and the whole war. He decides to do the gather knowledge to safeguard it so they can eventually rebuild civilization when the time is right. The holotape conversation between Maxson and the Lt is a hardsell on the whole knight/scribe/etc title thing, where she thinks it is stupid. Maxson tries to rationalize that the rebrand is important because words have power and as people use the words more and buy into what they are trying to pursue, then they'll eventually get buy in. She does argue against calling grown men recruit "Squires" and Maxson says he will rethink some of the rank names. This also keys them in on the West Tek facility and they make it a priority to try to deal with it.

Like most of the humans in FO76, most were wiped out 10-20 years before Vault 76 opens. The Scorched plague basically murders everyone and the BoS chapter fell along with it.

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thought it's pretty fun so far with 24hrs in, can see myself putting at least another 20ish. Am Strong enough to ward off lvl20s trying to take over trio of workshop at airport, poseidon power plant, and junk hill. Using mostly VAT sniper rifle.
Also figured a great way to build housing with max real estate. Just few concrete foundation with stairs and build upwards then go wide. Small foot print making it easy to deploy.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thought it's pretty fun so far with 24hrs in, can see myself putting at least another 20ish. Am Strong enough to ward off lvl20s trying to take over trio of workshop at airport, poseidon power plant, and junk hill. Using mostly VAT sniper rifle.
Also figured a great way to build housing with max real estate. Just few concrete foundation with stairs and build upwards then go wide. Small foot print making it easy to deploy.

Go hunt yourself some high level people, you will have the upper hand apparently
This PvP bug needs serious attention, and soon : fo76

• 1Worf

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Blizzard: We had the worst fckup with presenting a new game this year.
Bethesda: Hold mah beer!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Except Diablo 4 was a valid possibility to be announced considering the vast gap in time since the release of D3. Fallout 5 was -never- going to be announced at E3 so soon after FO4, especially with -2- flagship RPGs in the works (Starfield and Elderscrolls).

The INTENSITY of hate FO76 is getting is unwarranted. Yes, the game isn't perfect. Yes, the game isn't what every FO fan wants. But at this point, most people are just jumping on the hate bandwagon without even trying the game and just for the sake of hate (insert "me no pay $60 for poop" counter comment here).

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Except Diablo 4 was a valid possibility to be announced considering the vast gap in time since the release of D3. Fallout 5 was -never- going to be announced at E3 so soon after FO4, especially with -2- flagship RPGs in the works (Starfield and Elderscrolls).

The INTENSITY of hate FO76 is getting is unwarranted. Yes, the game isn't perfect. Yes, the game isn't what every FO fan wants. But at this point, most people are just jumping on the hate bandwagon without even trying the game and just for the sake of hate (insert "me no pay $60 for poop" counter comment here).

Yes, the hate IS warranted, The game is a bug ridden horribly designed mess - regardless of the latest Scapegoat of "They wanted Fallout 5 and expectations were off". Everyone KNEW AND KNOWS what this game was/is. It falls down on every single aspect and now, PvP as well.

JFC Cybsled you are better than this. Quit defending this piece of shit.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>

Do you think hate is easy? Hate takes effort my friend and it is usually following something like love or respect. indifference is easy and i have to admit i am hovering somewhere between hate and indifference based on how much this POS manages to remind me of previous fallout titles which i enjoyed very much. If it was just another game i would not care for it, i would not be interested and i would not buy it but they spray-painted it fallout colors and every time i get reminded that they used Fallout to try and sell this garbage i get a bit annoyed.

• 2Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I just calmly (outwardly anyways, that shit gets your adrenaline pumping if you aren't expecting it) reached down and picked up the phone and called security lol.

manliest-man-brock-shark.jpg

JFC Cybsled you are better than this.
1542729980269.png

• 2Worf

Cybsled

Yes, the hate IS warranted, The game is a bug ridden horribly designed mess - regardless of the latest Scapegoat of "They wanted Fallout 5 and expectations were off". Everyone KNEW AND KNOWS what this game was/is. It falls down on every single aspect and now, PvP as well.

JFC Cybsled you are better than this. Quit defending this piece of shit.

Yup, it has bugs like every Bethesda game since the dawn of time. They’ll get fixed. Heck, they even boosted the FPS cap on PC (goes up to 144 FPS now) with no speed increase.

You guys are acting like you found a gold coin, but it has some mud on it and now the coin is ruined forever and your expectations for the gold coin are forever betrayed.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Do you think hate is easy? Hate takes effort my friend and it is usually following something like love or respect. indifference is easy and i have to admit i am hovering somewhere between hate and indifference based on how much this POS manages to remind me of previous fallout titles which i enjoyed very much. If it was just another game i would not care for it, i would not be interested and i would not buy it but they spray-painted it fallout colors and every time i get reminded that they used Fallout to try and sell this garbage i get a bit annoyed.

This sums up my thoughts, almost exactly, from 10 years ago, just substitute Fallout 3 for Fallout 76. Welcome to the club!

Reading about the Fallout 76 shit show, is at least enjoyable, and taken up more of my time than Fallout 4 ever did!