Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Genre: Drama, Family, Fantasy

Director: David Yates

Cast: Eddie Redmayne, Johnny Depp, Jude Law, Ezra Miller, Zoë Kravitz, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler, Carmen Ejogo, Callum Turner, Claudia Kim, Jessica Williams, William Nadylam, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson, Kevin Guthrie, Brontis Jodorowsky, Tim Ingall, Deano Bugatti, Derek Riddell, David Sakurai, Fiona Glascott, Wolf Roth, Victoria Yeates, Derek Riddell, Poppy Corby-Tuech, Cornell John, Callum Forman

Release: 2018-11-14

Plot: Gellert Grindelwald has escaped imprisonment and has begun gathering followers to his cause—elevating wizards above all non-magical beings. The only one capable of putting a stop to him is the wizard he once called his closest friend, Albus Dumbledore. However, Dumbledore will need to seek help from the wizard who had thwarted Grindelwald once before, his former student Newt Scamander.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Kids loved the first one. Felt like watching a bizarre ep of Doctor Who. Bigger on the inside box, Matt Smith Clone, Companions, Sonic Screwdriver. Hard to ignore. Was entertaining and the final scene in the first film was hardcore. Loved the whole fuck it and pwned the entire wizard corps.

Looking more forward to this one. Couldn’t of cast a Dumbledore better.

spronk

FPS noob
yup thats a harry potter movie all right

i wonder if we'll get some dumbledore butt stuff going on

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
I think Depp looks pretty good in the role, actually, and wasn't half bad in Black Mass and the Orient Express either.

If he can move on from the Tim Burton/not-Jack Sparrow type characters and never look back, he could have a nice late career IMO.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm pumped for this movie. Loved the first one. I think they did such a better job spinning characters off from an universe that has a lot of stickler, die-hard fans than Star Wars has done thus far. Maybe that's an apple to oranges comparison but I was impressed how I felt I was watching something that did very well on its own yet felt I was still in a familiar place.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whoops, my bad. I guess I should've googled before posting. It was Dumbledore's brother that was the goat fucker, and I got Aberforth and Grindelwald mixed up.

Last edited:

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Lots of nostalgia on this one. I like that they moved away from the kids and (mostly) school, while keeping a lot of the same characters. The time period is cool too. Has sortof a post-war, decline of the empire feel to it.

spronk

FPS noob
why didn't any wizards kill hitler

was there a German Department of Magic in WW II?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I thought the dates sorta coincided where Grindelwald was basically wizard Hitler and they were busy dealing with his shit during the war.

I'm not much of a harry potter nerd so I could be way off.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
I thought the dates sorta coincided where Grindelwald was basically wizard Hitler and they were busy dealing with his shit during the war.

I'm not much of a harry potter nerd so I could be way off.

I am pretty certain this is correct. I think Dumbledore defeated him in 1945 or 46.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Looks awesome. I've seen the first one 4 times now and like it more and more each time. The 4 main characters are so well cast and extremely likeable. Looks like the good stuff is going to continue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm pumped for this movie. Loved the first one. I think they did such a better job spinning characters off from an universe that has a lot of stickler, die-hard fans than Star Wars has done thus far. Maybe that's an apple to oranges comparison but I was impressed how I felt I was watching something that did very well on its own yet felt I was still in a familiar place.

Eh, the main characters in Star Wars are just space wizards with laser swords.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Ninth Gate was on the other day. While not a great, or even good, movie it did remind me that somewhere below the surface there is a somewhat normal actor in Depp. I'm sure there are other past movies we can reference as well, it's just been so long since he played anything that wasn't outlandish. Maybe that's all he can do anymore? I guess we'll see..

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's gotta be Hogwarts but this looks and feels much more like a Harry Potter movie than the first one. Not complaining just commenting.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database