Fantastic Four

an accordion_sl

shitlord
This is pointless, batman could out prepare doom anyway....

Can we get back on track?

Don't go see this movie so we have the chance to see charcers some of us think dont suck in a setting where they in fact....do not suck.
I'm actually interested in this movie because it won't be the typical Marvel movie formula. Don't really think it will be good, but it will be different.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pro/nay Doom convo is more interesting than any media of FF either in comic or horrible movie form.
FF isn't that bad, they've had interesting story arcs. Let's not confuse them with their movies. And at the end of the day, you can't have a discussion on the FF without Dr. Doom. They go hand-in-hand, which is why Doom has been in the last three FF movies (counting the current one).

Siliconemelons

Is it wrong that the first 30min of the "scrapped and burned" 90's FF movie was more amusing and entertaining than the FF and SS movie? and I am actually wanting to finish watching the "crappy" one?

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
A female Skrull alien name De'Lila who was an empath, a shape-shifter, and a telepath managed to capture the true Fantastic Four. Pretending to be Susan Richards she convinced Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Ghost Rider to form a New Fantastic Four to avenge their "deaths
A team so shitty you have to bring in real stars to make them interesting.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't know about that team up but there was a pretty awesome mini series with ghost rider wolverine and punisher fighting mephisto that was pretty sweet

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
FF isn't that bad, they've had interesting story arcs. Let's not confuse them with their movies. And at the end of the day, you can't have a discussion on the FF without Dr. Doom. They go hand-in-hand, which is why Doom has been in the last three FF movies (counting the current one).
There isn't anything redeeming storywise or even ethically with the vast majority of these characters.

Let's first say that when i mean these characters obviously Johnny and Thing are worthless, they are useless 3rd wheels that writers cannot find a single good storyline for. All they do is, Thing is cured! and he's baaaaaack to ugly. Johnny is a young douche! and he's breaking the bro code and dating the ex's of the Thing! who can only really be w/ supervillian girls or blind ppl cuz he's fucking ugly, while Johnny looks as good as Capn America.

In fact they are so worthless, many stories focus on the stupid hijinks that Johnny or Thing get themselves into and Mr. Fantastic has to take care of it, it isn't so much "Marvel's First Family" as it is that Mr. Fantastic is just stuck corralling all these stupid retards.

Not only that Mr Fantasic is the worlds biggest hypocrite, he along w/ stark were the biggest proponents of Civil War and the registration act. He wants to control ppl, he wants to expose ppl, he wants to contain ppl.

Because he has such a big ego, he just believes he's right, wtf does he care? he's so dumb he openly exposes himself and his family to acts of terror daily by having a goddamn building as a target, he wouldn't even know how a normal street level superhero has to struggle w/ fighting crime at night and earning a paycheck by day.

Sure there can be arguments to say, "maybe we should train these idiots w/ powers to blow up a city, let SHIELD do that", but then, when they don't agree w/ my point of view, when my friends openly oppose me, i will use my greatest discovery and put them into a prison in the Negative Zone, that only i have access to. ( i think this is prison 42?)

But when the gov't thinks that, maybe having like 20 kids live and learn in a big ass building as a target (now the Future Foundation) isn't such a good idea, social services! Now he's opposed to gov't regulation when it affects him.

But you know whats worse? he get's talked into giving up, yup "take my kids away!" fuck em, he obliges them b/c the whole team of Avengers is there to make sure he doesn't fuck shit up.

There's nothing ever good written about Reed, b/c he has no personality, being smart isn't a personality, he's just the bland instrument that ppl use to craft a story or deux machina. "oh no! skrulls can bypass my ultra skrull detector by genetics!, gimme 1hr i'll make another!"

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I notice you failed to talk about the awesome storylines that revolve around Sue Richards.
tumblr_inline_mv8m9vMzi01soo5ac.jpg

Sterling

El Presidente
Lower powered doom from the 80s was good. Turning all these characters into cosmic level ridiculousness is dumb. Also Marvel getting back anything would be good. The Daredevil Netflix show was good so it's not like they can't fix something tarnished.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I notice you failed to talk about the awesome storylines that revolve around Sue Richards.
Sue's storylines is "mother" it's not so much a story or a personality as it is just an archtype of lazy writing and character development. "oh no, we have to write sue into this story, how do we do that? i don't know, i don't write women, but... but... i do have a mother!" and that's sue, the every mans mother.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lower powered doom from the 80s was good. Turning all these characters into cosmic level ridiculousness is dumb.
When hasn't Doom been cosmic powered? You want to talk about the 80's? In 1984, Dr Doom stole Galactus' power, and then stole the Beyonder's power. Dude's been shooting skyscrapers into space since day one.

When Doom stole Silver Surfer's power was in 1966.

Sterling

El Presidente
Ok that's fair, but power level for characters has always changed based on whatever is needed for the story, and characters tend to be more interesting when they're not godlike.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ok that's fair, but power level for characters has always changed based on whatever is needed for the story, and characters tend to be more interesting when they're not godlike.
This new Secret Wars is a bit much. Doom has had a hard enough time holding onto one Beyonder's power, and almost died to him. But in the new Secret Wars, he has the power of multiple Beyonders and Galactus stands at his beck and call? One other time, he took over the world, with Purple Man, and brought peace and prosperity to Earth. Now he has the power of multiple Beyonders and the world is chaotic. He literally choked the fuck out of the Phoenix Force like she was a whore that owed him money. They aren't doing a good job of delving into his psyche. Half the time, he just sits there posing. He only talks to Doctor Strange.

Sterling

El Presidente
This new Secret Wars is a bit much. Doom has had a hard enough time holding onto one Beyonder's power, and almost died to him. But in the new Secret Wars, he has the power of multiple Beyonders and Galactus stands at his beck and call? One other time, he took over the world, with Purple Man, and brought peace and prosperity to Earth. Now he has the power of multiple Beyonders and the world is chaotic. He literally choked the fuck out of the Phoenix Force like she was a whore that owed him money. They aren't doing a good job of delving into his psyche. Half the time, he just sits there posing. He only talks to Doctor Strange.
That just sounds terrible.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
That just sounds terrible.
It would have been nice if they explained how Dr Strange and Dr Doom defeated the Beyonders. We know that Dr Strange sold his soul to attain godhood, and that Dr Doom was going around the multiverse collecting knowledge. Next thing you know, Doom is in sole control of what's left of the multiverse.