Fantastic Four

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I didn't know you were black. It was just, right there. Ya know? I had to. Someone had to. It was me.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Like my new sig? Also, it's Batman with a capital "B," you fucker!
Thanks for fixing my grammar and punctuation errors !

You know the best thing about gaining batman's powers via Anal sex....when he is done, you find out that you actually were prepared for it. You brought a 2nd pair of underpants just in case, you canceled your horseback riding lesson scheduled for the next day. A long hot bath is waiting for you when you get home so you can soak your shame... and of course in case you might have liked it, the biggest blackest dildo awaits for you on your nightstand.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Speedforce level speed is arguably the most obnoxiously broken power in comics. I'm pretty sure that for the longest time Marvel speedsters were actually pretty slow, barely breaking the sound barrier.
Yeah, this. Super speed is an unbeatable power if it's a kind of "warp speed" where physics for the person are kind of self contained (So it's more like time dilation, he stays at normal speed, everyone else slows down). Like how they display Quick silver. They showed his velocity affecting the force he strikes the guys at; but in reality, he should also suffer an equal force back, in other words his finger should have broke like a twig when he touched that guys cheek. In fact whenever a speedster hits anyone they should snap in half, or the inertia from acceleration should knock them out cold. But when those aren't factors (Because of some kind of containment bubble or whatever), like in the clip? They are the most powerful mutants. First because acceleration is an aspect of force, so they are stronger than even "super strong" mutants, and they can also think at that speed, so they can formulate whole strategies while people haven't even begun to process ect ect.

Speed force is really obnoxious, depending on how the writer treats it...it's why Flash goes from the weakest member of the Justice league, to the strongest so regularly. It's so inconsistent because depending on how you apply his power he's either god like or just kind of a somewhat fast boxer.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Speed force is really obnoxious, depending on how the writer treats it...it's why Flash goes from the weakest member of the Justice league, to the strongest so regularly. It's so inconsistent because depending on how you apply his power he's either god like or just kind of a somewhat fast boxer.
I noticed this when watching some Justice League cartoon after watching Flashpoint Paradox. Hard to go from watching someone so fast they can run back in time to someone that can be tripped by a bag of marbles being spilled. It's a totally different power if you're just "really fast" and not "I'm so fast that time is moving noticeably slower".

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why the speed force is dumb
1245663123804.jpg

also it grants you near wolverine levels of healing, wtf!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You crazy bro? Infinite mass punch is probably the greatest application of the Speed Force ever conceived.

e1Y2fTI.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
why the speed force is dumb

also it grants you near wolverine levels of healing, wtf!
And then in the next issue, he fights schmoes like Captain Boomerang and the Pied Piper, and has trouble.

For the most part, Flash is shown to be much weaker than he usually is (depending on the whim of the writer). Because who wants to read about a character than can go back in time and stop you from being conceived in a split second, before you can even commit a crime?

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Actually, as you approach the speed of light, time slows down, so the flash would look like he was frozen in place.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
And then in the next issue, he fights schmoes like Captain Boomerang and the Pied Piper, and has trouble.

For the most part, Flash is shown to be much weaker than he usually is (depending on the whim of the writer). Because who wants to read about a character than can go back in time and stop you from being conceived in a split second, before you can even commit a crime?
No more retarded than Black Panther or Batman.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Actually, as you approach the speed of light, time slows down, so the flash would look like he was frozen in place.
Except right up until that point he'll appear to "normal people" that he is fast forwarding through reality. When he hits that moment, he has theoretically infinite time to do whatever he wants. Because at any point after, he is moving faster than time can theoretically keep up with.

Bluntly, time slows down for those moving at the speed of light, not for those witnessing antics at the speed of light.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's frustrating that no one has learned from 1940's superman. no one wants to read about an invincible character that has no chance of ever losing because his powerset is so over the top. they created kryptonite specifically so that some regular joe could beat superman (of course, how does a regular joe get kryptonite, but i digress). you can have the flash go over the top with the speedforce and have him go back in time and create infinite mass punches and all that. but you can't make it interesting overall if there's no drawback. i don't read flash so i don't know, but i can find it realistic that drawing on the speedforce dramatically weakens someone. it's like working out really heavily one day. pushing your muscles further than you ever have. the next day you're going to be sore.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's frustrating that no one has learned from 1940's superman. no one wants to read about an invincible character that has no chance of ever losing because his powerset is so over the top. they created kryptonite specifically so that some regular joe could beat superman (of course, how does a regular joe get kryptonite, but i digress). you can have the flash go over the top with the speedforce and have him go back in time and create infinite mass punches and all that. but you can't make it interesting overall if there's no drawback. i don't read flash so i don't know, but i can find it realistic that drawing on the speedforce dramatically weakens someone. it's like working out really heavily one day. pushing your muscles further than you ever have. the next day you're going to be sore.
The Flash is what makes Superman suck, and since both are in the Justice League and the only thing the Flash is, is just fast, well you can't have Superman be faster than The Flash cuz what would that do, so you power up Superman's other abilities. Oh maybe in a real fight to the death, Wonder Women would kill Superman cuz she's a real warrior born, and Superman is just an alien who happens to be endowed w/ the powers of a god b/c of the sun, so we'll just make it that Superman is always holding back! Every other character makes Superman suck that much more, b/c Superman has to be top dog, which is why the only person allowed to beat Superman is Bruce Wayne, cuz he has the power of wealth! (and even tho Luther has wealth, he's not allowed to beat Superman, cuz he's bald, fuck that shit)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Flash would be a great character if he was limited by a normal man's stamina. Sure, he can run balls out for 1/8 mile, but anything more than that he'll have to go substantially slower.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Flash needs a yellow stamina bar under his HP and Mana bars that drains while using is super speed. He can increase the stamina pool and slow the drainage with AAs.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Flash needs a yellow stamina bar under his HP and Mana bars that drains while using is super speed. He can increase the stamina pool and slow the drainage with AAs.
Flash would be a better character if he only went marginally faster and only he was jumping with low life while trying to out run a skeleton in West Commons.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, I know. But I mean... It makes sense. Congrats, you can run REALLY fucking fast. That's your super power. You don't also have the super power of unlimited stamina to run thousands of miles. That would still put the Quick Silver pentagon scene as a realistic ability. Anyone can run around a room that size without getting tired.

Saving people from a nuclear blast by running thousands of people 77 miles away? Go fuck yourself. You didn't even run a single person out of the blast radious before you were tired and had to take a breather. Everyone died, you suck.