Fantastic Four

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haha, I know. But I mean... It makes sense. Congrats, you can run REALLY fucking fast. That's your super power. You don't also have the super power of unlimited stamina to run thousands of miles. That would still put the Quick Silver pentagon scene as a realistic ability. Anyone can run around a room that size without getting tired.

Saving people from a nuclear blast by running thousands of people 77 miles away? Go fuck yourself. You didn't even run a single person out of the blast radious before you were tired and had to take a breather. Everyone died, you suck.
This is one thing I liked in the Flash show, them joking about trying to figure out how to feed his hyper metabolism & that he couldn't ever get drunk.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think it was injustice Superman and Shazam were talking/freeing The Flash, and Supes ask Shazam for money, Shazam says Billy has money, Supe says The Flash will need to eat at a Buffet after being freed. They should have real world problems, like The Flash needs jaw surgery cuz he's eating like a competitive eater (and all those guys got jaw problems cuz they're always chewing and eating enough for a family of 10)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
i don't read flash so i don't know, but i can find it realistic that drawing on the speedforce dramatically weakens someone. it's like working out really heavily one day. pushing your muscles further than you ever have. the next day you're going to be sore.
Do you not see the problem with The Flash? You find it realistic that limbs could move at the speed of light, when in reality, they would be atomized.

In the 80's, after Barry Allen died in Crisis, Kid Flash (Wally West) took over. He was more interesting, because he couldn't crack the speed of sound, and had to eat like 100,000 calories a day. He could only move as fast as the energy he had stored. He had to raid a Taco Bell once, in the midst of an extended fight. Literally, his kryptonite was malnutrition.

Then the scientists told him that he was burning more calories than he was expending, and that he must be drawing speed from somewhere else. That's when it all got screwed up, when they helped him tap from the speed force. He got uninteresting at that point. When he got to the point he could vibrate his molecules and not be hit, and he could put anyone in a state of suspended animation just by looking at them, is when it got FUBAR.

In the same way that Iceman in Marvel is the biggest slacker in that universe, so is the Flash. Iceman is omega level. And let's face it, if Flash wanted someone dead, he could vaporize their atoms with one infinite mass punch.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then the scientists told him that he was burning more calories than he was expending, and that he must be drawing speed from somewhere else. That's when it all got screwed up, when they helped him tap from the speed force. He got uninteresting at that point. When he got to the point he could vibrate his molecules and not be hit, and he could put anyone in a state of suspended animation just by looking at them, is when it got FUBAR.
But you're totally fine with a completely 'normal' human being able to beat Superman or Darkseid or basically anyone in the DC universe just by being prepared.

vHceA8n.jpg

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
But you're totally fine with a completely 'normal' human being able to beat Superman or Darkseid or basically anyone in the DC universe just by being prepared.
Superman is just a normal guy, who benefits from yellow sun radiation. Cut off his access to that, expose him to red solar radiation, kryptonite, magic, mental or sonic attacks, and he's weak.

There's a reason why his arch nemesis is based around technology, that can use those attacks (other than magic).

rrr_img_108297.jpg

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Maybe I'm being a little harder on this movie because you forum bros made me think I should, but the plot in this was soooo bad. There were no rising climactic events, no tense moments, no emotional investment in the characters (though there was certainly plenty of opportunity)...

I heard that they've already announced Fantastic Four 2.

Sterling

El Presidente
Maybe I'm being a little harder on this movie because you forum bros made me think I should, but the plot in this was soooo bad. There were no rising climactic events, no tense moments, no emotional investment in the characters (though there was certainly plenty of opportunity)...

I heard that they've already announced Fantastic Four 2.
I don't think you're bashing it unfairly. This movie was pure shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
(i'm not gonna see this pos movie) critics have said that Trank did the first 1hr of FF and many found that part, not bad-ish, speculation is the studio watched it, and said, fuck that and added in all the action at the end of the movie.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally got around to this and its awful. I quit watching after 45/hour, how can anyone think this movie was good until fox stepped in. I want to watch th second half to see if fox managed to make it worse

45 minutes building the portal machine and the machine blows up
30 minutes rebuilding the machine under government control
8 minutes finding the blogger doom on planet zero and figuring out hes bad
5 minute terrible fight with doom where they all decide to come together and be a team
Thats the movie pretty much

What was the action that fox added to the movie since there was only about 5 minutes of it? And the dialogue the entire film was terrible

Column_sl

shitlord
Since the HD copy is on the torrent sites, figured I'd give it a go.

It is not as bad as people are saying, problem is it's not good either. Bad Films to me are pretty much unwatchable like The last airbender, G.I Joe etc.

I would say it is about equal to the first Hulk movie (Eric Bana). It pretty much has the same story. Bunch of origin crap no one cares about, and the hero fights a fart cloud at the end.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Certainly a ton of issues w/ the story, those aside it felt like the first act of a movie spread out to release as a standalone.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm

It is not as bad as people are saying, problem is it's not good either. Bad Films to me are pretty much unwatchable like The last airbender, G.I Joe etc.

I would say it is about equal to the first Hulk movie (Eric Bana). It pretty much has the same story. Bunch of origin crap no one cares about, and the hero fights a fart cloud at the end.
There was tons of more action with the hulk fucking up the military, Dogs, San Francisco, whatever the hell his dad was. Not sure why you think the hulk was mostly an origin story. This movie literally had only 5 minutes of action over the entire film and the rest was Origin. Hulk was a masterpiece compared to this, at least Bana, Connelly, Nolte, Sam Elliot are fantastic actors. This entire cast sucked with what they were given and they seemed like they didnt even want to be in the film.

I dont even know how they ruined Doom so much

Column_sl

shitlord
And they were both sub par films. It's like you are trying to battle which was more mediocre..

The first Hulk was a train wreck.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm

Spot on except G.I. Joe was great. I've watched it many times just to see the Baroness,Scarlett,Snake Eyes and all the cool toys. Its a movie about a comic book that was actually just an advertisement for TOYS! Frankly, i grew up reading the comics and thought the movie was exactly like them. Yes the movie was stupid but it was entertainingly stupid. That's all i really expect from these movies and Fantastic Four was boring and terrible in every way.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There is a lot wrong w/ GIjoe,
I'll even give a slight pass for using Darth Maul as Snake Eyes.

Channing Tatum was horrible, but the Waynes Brother eclipses him in worseness along w/ really bad looking power suits.

Actually every Joe was pretty bad, GIjoe only gets good marks b/c these (oddly the "bad guys") really save the day and pull out the acting chops
Baroness_zps0560e22b.jpg

If you FF every scene that only has a Joe in it, and focus on Cobra, it's a really good movie, i mean you even think that Joe is pretty inept, Cobra pwnd the army, they pwnd Joe in their own base, they even are able to show the power of the missles on the tower. Every ace in the hole Joe had, Cobra countered, like active camo -> drenched in oil.

That's how i choose to watch GIjoe, Joes suck, Cobra lalalalalalalala!