Fantasy Football 2013 Advice Thread

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
So I have C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevan Ridley & Joique Bell.

I need to pick one of them to start this week.

Who do I go with?

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ugh.

Andre Johnson vs Marques Colston
Leveon Bell, Sproles, or Spiller have to pick 2 out of 3 (Charles is my #1)

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
So I have C.J. Spiller, Fred Jackson, Stevan Ridley & Joique Bell.

I need to pick one of them to start this week.

Who do I go with?
Bell. CJ has been shit and is losing touches to Fred Jackson. Ridley has also been awful.

Ugh.

Andre Johnson vs Marques Colston
Leveon Bell, Sproles, or Spiller have to pick 2 out of 3 (Charles is my #1)
Colston. Texans passing game is going to be contained by the best 2ndary this year.

*Change up* Spiller & Sproles, especially if it is a ppr league.

Seattle vrs Houston or Indy vrs Jacksonville?
If this means starting defenses. Seattle.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Standard scoring need to pick 2, Andre Johnson, LeVeon Bell, Bernard Pierce

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I received a trade offer, standard scoring league, they are offering Deangelo Williams to me for LeVeon Bell. Thoughts? I'm not a Panthers fan and don't know much about him

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I received a trade offer, standard scoring league, they are offering Deangelo Williams to me for LeVeon Bell. Thoughts? I'm not a Panthers fan and don't know much about him
I would hold onto Bell personally. Trying not to overreact to one game, but Bell has more upside imo, and Williams doesn't offer enough of the 'steady-but-good' production to balance out the deal. Williams has been more of 'steady-but-mediocre' as of late.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
My fantasy football brethren - I have a tough call this week (I think).

Tavon Austin or Willis McGahee? McGahee seems like the go-to RB in Cleveland these days, but he's not exactly explosive and they're going against a solid run defense with the Bills. Austin on the other hand is playing against the shitass Jaguars.

This is a whopping18 teamleague. So yes, this decision could make or break me.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
That's a tough one, and I hope you aren't counting on a lot of points from either. I think the ceiling on Austin is higher, but McGahee is the safer bet. He'll get you 5-6 points, MAYBE a touchdown. Austin could put up a 0 or 1, or he could put up 16 or 20. Depends on the rest of your roster and how much you need a home run versus play it safe consistency.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
For being a league this deep, I actually have a pretty damn good team. I'm 4-0 so far and one of the few that has scored at least 400 points in the season. I'd like to finagle a trade to get some more RB support since the Colts screwed me over with the Richardson acquisition, but everyone has so few good players that they don't want to get rid of. I'd probably have to trade D. Thomas for a good WR/RB combo, but I'd rather not do that. D. Thomas owns so hard.

FFL_18_zpsbc108ce8.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well in theory Buffalo has been shit against the run, but Baltimore had 9rushing attempts last week against them. I was watching Red Zone so not sure the reasoning. Austin on the other hand is playing Jacksonville and they are atrocious in all facets. They get down to big so early though they don't really give up a ton of passing yards since teams are just running it down their throat to kill clock.

Sooo....ummm...Sidney Rice?

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My fantasy football brethren - I have a tough call this week (I think).

Tavon Austin or Willis McGahee? McGahee seems like the go-to RB in Cleveland these days, but he's not exactly explosive and they're going against a solid run defense with the Bills. Austin on the other hand is playing against the shitass Jaguars.

This is a whopping18 teamleague. So yes, this decision could make or break me.
I think if you are ever going to play Austin this is the week. He can't get it going this week against Jac then he is probably a bust for this season. I would be hesitant about playing him based on track record so far, but if you other option is McGahee... meh.

Sooo....ummm...Sidney Rice?
I'm not playing any Seahawks receivers right now. They just aren't throwing the ball enough so you are left praying that the 'Hawk you picked happens to be the one who catches the TD based on a very limited number of targets. And any given week it can be either Tate, Baldwin, Rice or Miller, sometimes even Kearse.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Well in theory Buffalo has been shit against the run...
I thought this too, but then I read they actually haven't given up a rushing touchdown all year. Now that might be due to having such a porous secondary, but that would just mean Hoyer can just continue his epic journey to league MVP.

Edit - double checked this and it looks like they've given up 1. (source -NFL Stats: by Team Category)

Djay

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm already weak at WR, but this week I have two on a Bye. I just realized one of the guys I have left is playing tonight, so I need to make this decision today:

Robert Woods at the Browns.
DeAndre Hopkins at the 49ers.

I'm leaning towards Woods...coming off a big game. But the short week usually leads to ugly games.
Thoughts?

pablos

Lord Nagafen Raider
MJD was just a bad pick

any advice for my team this week RG3 and AP are both on bye and Im playing the guy who has the best record.

rrr_img_45141.jpg

also just got a trade offfer MJD for dwayne bowe and steven jackson